Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Just dealt with T-Mobile to have them start the unlock process for my smartphone to use in Europe. Don't know why that process had to take 16 minutes but ...
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Anyone have a magic 8-ball to guess how the predicted weather in CLE on Saturday might affect CO?

<-- neverous UA 1P taking his first MR on CO.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Originally Posted by Trustguy
I just e-mailed the Mayor of LA, the local rep of the County Board of Supervisors and my City Councilman regarding the lack of customer service by Time Warner Cable. They are disconnecting all callers to their call center due to high volume.

The last time I did this, I received personal technical support which turned out to be a Time Warner mistake.
Why complain to your local politicians? They are in the pockets of these communication companies. I don't remember how long I've been without cable, but all these years have been bliss not having to deal with cable. Raising their rates faster and higher than the rate of inflation. And people still stick w/ 'em.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by photog72
Raising their rates faster and higher than the rate of inflation. And people still stick w/ 'em.
They essentially know that the people with bundled services won't pass it up or let it go, they are already addicted to the new age of technology so these conglomerates can and will get away with price fixing, collusion, and price-jacking in this day and age.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by usa18dca
They essentially know that the people with bundled services won't pass it up or let it go, they are already addicted to the new age of technology so these conglomerates can and will get away with price fixing, collusion, and price-jacking in this day and age.
My motto is, "cut the cord." When satellite becomes too , I will be getting rid of that too. There's plenty of alternative entertainment options at home. Yeah, sports is something I would miss, but spending time w/ family is ^.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
My motto is, "cut the cord." When satellite becomes too , I will be getting rid of that too. There's plenty of alternative entertainment options at home. Yeah, sports is something I would miss, but spending time w/ family is ^.
Sports is the only thing I would miss from television at home - we are becoming more frequent users of hulu.com for broadcasts without a TiVo.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by zippypinhead
Teh Indians on the other hand.... sigh... I suppose there's still a bit of wide-eyed kid in me that believes they will win it all....
Because they will, you know? ...someday...

Originally Posted by icurhere2
Sports is the only thing I would miss from television at home - we are becoming more frequent users of hulu.com for broadcasts without a TiVo.
Agreed. I don't even have cable at home and honestly, I almost ever notice or mind. ESPN3, Netflix, and the internet really take care of it, in general (and if I REALLY wanted to watch something I could go to the gym or a dorm lounge).
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: OnePass Ex-Platinum now dirtinum
Originally Posted by Flyer_70
You should try AT&T. :-:

(does that help? No? Ok... )
One way I entertain myself when talking to the offshore ATT tech support is to start spelling things phonetically...
That's "W" as in "won"
"A" as in "Aisle"
"C" as in "Cede"
"H" as in "hour"
"E" as in "eh"
Endless fun.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Why complain to your local politicians? They are in the pockets of these communication companies. I don't remember how long I've been without cable, but all these years have been bliss not having to deal with cable. Raising their rates faster and higher than the rate of inflation. And people still stick w/ 'em.
Last time I used the city councilman route, I got a whole bunch of attention, and my issue was addressed. Unfortunately, that city councilman who helped me was voted out in shame after taking kickbacks.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Trustguy
Last time I used the city councilman route, I got a whole bunch of attention, and my issue was addressed. Unfortunately, that city councilman who helped me was voted out in shame after taking kickbacks.
Well, I wish you luck. You'll need plenty of it. These monopolies know they have you by the balls, and they squeeze... knowing you don't have much choice. Here in Houston we have Comcrap, AT& or satellite. If you're sdm1130, you don't have much choice. Cable or maybe antenna... if you can get a signal when the wind is blowing in the right direction.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Cable internet is working intermittently. I am now loading Verizon software on main computer so I can use cell service in case TW doesn't work.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: United Million Miler 1K, Etihad Gold
Paging Comrade ALCO...

Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:03 pm

Allright Box, I'm off to bed...got an exam to work on in the morning!
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
Originally Posted by zippypinhead
One way I entertain myself when talking to the offshore ATT tech support is to start spelling things phonetically...
That's "W" as in "won"
"A" as in "Aisle"
"C" as in "Cede"
"H" as in "hour"
"E" as in "eh"
Endless fun.
"P" as in psychotic
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by Plus1
Paging Comrade ALCO...

Where can I get that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.