Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by ssullivan
You need better spam filtering.
This was in spam.

Best regards,

William
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: CO One Pass Hipster, *G, Expedia Elite Plus, :rolleyes: Premier Exec.
For the footies, I taped some video of the wave on the Brazil vs USA futbol game. Check it out here!
Unfortunately for some reason my phone did not record audio for that. I must have hit something wrong.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
gbryan84, sorry to read about your wife's job loss. As I am in your position, I would have tried priceline as well. I used it for a rental car in FLL, and they easily beat any price I was quoted. I don't think loyalty is your biggest concern right now. Just a decent hotel at a decent price.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by photog72
gbryan84, sorry to read about your wife's job loss. As I am in your position, I would have tried priceline as well.
Sorry to hear as well - I thought of PriorityClub Point Savers or low-level HHonors redemption but they both came up empty.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:22 pm

Facebook dislike button. Too good to be true.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
gbryan84
I bounced over to betterbidding and biddingfortravel
Sadly I didn't see an Rowell hotels listed, all I saw were ABQ and Santa Fe

Last edited by windwalker; Aug 16, 2010 at 12:23 pm Reason: grammer
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by gbryan84
You seem to know the place well (its my first time).
I spent a summer there awhile back, and when I used to live in (parts of) West Texas I'd head over to Martin's for dinner (always had the Green Chile bean burrito plate, with a sopapilla afterwards...to me, it is/was worth the 4 hour drive each way). I really like(d) the town, and occasionally wish that I would have received a job offer from my then-employer. But it was not meant to be.

Oh well. The city has changed a lot in the past 5 to 10 years. Once Roswell got close to the 40-50,000 population mark, the place just boomed, relatively speaking.

If you are looking for stuff to do, and don't want to do the typical visit-the-UFO-stuff, consider going to the Roswell Museum and Art Center, or to Bottomless Lake State Park, or the Bitter Lake Wildlife Refuge, or go out of town to Carlsbad Caverns (I'm not a fan of it, but some are) or Guadalupe Mountains National Park and hike in McKittrick Canyon, or go really far afield and see White Sands via Ruidoso (which would be an all-day trip).
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: CO-Dirt,SPG-Nothing,Marriott-Gold, Hilton-Blue, Hyatt-Plat, HI-Plat
Sounds like there were some VERY luck people in Columbia
Miracle' in Colombia jet crash: 1 dies, 130 live
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by carvalh2
For the footies, I taped some video of the wave on the Brazil vs USA futbol game. Check it out here!
Unfortunately for some reason my phone did not record audio for that. I must have hit something wrong.
Now I can ask my parking question to the correct party.

carvalh2, did you drive to the Meadowlands? If so, how did you approach the stadium? Which parking lot did you get into and what route did they give you to get there? What route did they force you into to exit and was it a big problem?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by photog72
gbryan84, sorry to read about your wife's job loss. As I am in your position, I would have tried priceline as well. I used it for a rental car in FLL, and they easily beat any price I was quoted. I don't think loyalty is your biggest concern right now. Just a decent hotel at a decent price.
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Sorry to hear as well - I thought of PriorityClub Point Savers or low-level HHonors redemption but they both came up empty.
Originally Posted by windwalker
gbryan84
I bounced over to betterbidding and biddingfortravel
Sadly I didn't see an Rowell hotels listed, all I saw were ABQ and Santa Fe
Thanks all, and I have tried a few bids on PL but didnt want to go over $50 for what I believe will be a Best Western, they were a fail.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rolov
Thanks for the update :-:
Not a Helpful Pst
Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
Originally Posted by sfogate
It's ok to give knives for a wedding gift but you are suppose to add a penny to ward off an evil to the gift (cutting the ties of your friendship). I personally have received a set of great steak knives and a bread knife as gifts....they are actually still gifts that I use today.

The bread knife arrived as a baby gift. It was puzzling to get that and when I told the gift giver about it, she was shocked since that wasn't what she had purchased. She mixed up her gifts- the knife was suppose to go to a bride and a baby dress was to come to me. Imagine the shock the bride had when she opened her gift.
Right...I figured, it's a very nice bread knife, and it was right in the middle of my target price range, and tjtenor4 voted for it over a dessert plate. Besides, she and I shared many happy Tuesday and Thursday afternoons making amazing spreads for pre-choir teatime, so I thought it would be appropriate.

: at your friend's mix-up!

Originally Posted by carvalh2
It is always disheartening to hear someone lost a job, specially a teacher. Hope she can find something soon. What does she teach?
Agreed. Very sad. I may have mentioned this to you when she was first looking, but has she signed up with Carney Sandoe? I can't say enough good things about them (not the least of which is that, as should be the case with any good agency, there is no cost to you as a candidate).
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by mwg25
Agreed. Very sad. I may have mentioned this to you when she was first looking, but has she signed up with Carney Sandoe? I can't say enough good things about them (not the least of which is that, as should be the case with any good agency, there is no cost to you as a candidate).
Yes you did. I just sent her a message to look at it again. Thanks for the remider^
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
Now I can ask my parking question to the correct party.

carvalh2, did you drive to the Meadowlands? If so, how did you approach the stadium? Which parking lot did you get into and what route did they give you to get there? What route did they force you into to exit and was it a big problem?
I actually answered you parking question on teh box. You must have missed it

- I drove from south jersey, so I came up the tkp, exited at exit 16 w.
- After the EZ pass toll, the stadium traffic was on the left (used to be on the right I think - I took the far right EZ pass lanes and had to cut across to the left, which saved some time because I skipped a lot of cars, although by mistake)
-Once on the stadium exit ramp, there were guys at the end directing traffic. You can only go right or left. We went right. Sign said parking lot E, limos, and handicap I think.
- First left was the entrance to lot E. We parked close to the main road that circles the stadium - the road right at the end of the ramp. (worked out great - see next)
- At the end, everyone was trying to go back the way we came in, so the only exit off lot E. We were all the way back by the main road, so we were far, and I though I would be there for an hour trying to get out, but they opened another exit out of lot E, right at the main road, and we were out of there in 5 min, on the tpk a couple min after that. Follow the signs back to the tpk. It is not the same way you come into the stadium.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
Back from Dallas. Work-related travel destinations to date:

1. Lafayette, LA
2. Dallas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.