Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Teh Penalty Box

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: UA and HH
Olton Hall, my upgrade for IAH-SMF cleared last night (at the 6 day mark).
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
Originally Posted by Hartmann
I guess I should play with the white balance a little and see if I can get the facade to look a little warmer.
Playing with WB is a common thing I do. Generally with landscapes, I favor a warmer tone - enough so that when I can't shoot a scene during golden hours in the AM/PM I try to get some of the effect back in post-processing. My Nikons tend to run about 500K-750K lower than I'd like on the white balance slider, so that's a pretty standard correction. Most scenes shot in normal 5000-5500K sun get pushed to somewhere between 6000-6500K.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Yeah, they broke up: http://deadspin.com/5611550/foul-bal...calls-it-quits
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mwg25
According to my dad, I should ask them to give me a quarter because apparently it's bad luck to *give* someone a knife (but it's OK if they pay you for it, regardless of amount); it will end up "cutting" the ties of your friendship. Anyone else ever heard of that superstition, or is this just him being weird? (the latter is very, very possible )
I've never heard the "buying" part of the tale but I have heard that knives are bad gifts for weddings. Still, I'm a huge fan of a good set of knives and I'm not much for traditions like that anyways.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
Good Morning from a gloomy NYC
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Good morning box, anyone see this: http://www.latamairlines.com/entry.php
I saw it on my bb over the weekend but thought I was just too drunk to be reading this correctly.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Good morning Box....posty post 12345 here!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by rolov
I saw it on my bb over the weekend but thought I was just too drunk to be reading this correctly.
You read right. Should be fun to see how this plays out.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Originally Posted by FT Lurker
Good Morning from a gloomy NYC
:-:
Old Aug 16, 2010, 7:56 am

Programs: CO Plat
Another car chase on FoxNews out in LA
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by bdjohns1
Morning, Box.

Saw a license plate for LHRGuy this morning: "MANG 1"

Said car's driver was a rotund-looking middle-aged guy who probably wouldn't appreciate teh BBDS.

Morning, Box.

ROTFLMAO!!!

BTW, I'm jealous of those of you with EUAs to F in your upcoming travels. Nothing has cleared on my LGA-IAH-ANC mileage run, IAH-ANC is down to 1 F seat, ANC-IAH has none, and even the LGA-IAH-LGA flights are looking iffy at best for getting upfront. Thankfully I've got Row 21 on all segments, so teh BBDS will not be in tight quarters, but still...
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
I've never heard the "buying" part of the tale but I have heard that knives are bad gifts for weddings. Still, I'm a huge fan of a good set of knives and I'm not much for traditions like that anyways.
It's ok to give knives for a wedding gift but you are suppose to add a penny to ward off an evil to the gift (cutting the ties of your friendship). I personally have received a set of great steak knives and a bread knife as gifts....they are actually still gifts that I use today.

The bread knife arrived as a baby gift. It was puzzling to get that and when I told the gift giver about it, she was shocked since that wasn't what she had purchased. She mixed up her gifts- the knife was suppose to go to a bride and a baby dress was to come to me. Imagine the shock the bride had when she opened her gift.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
I think I'm going to start getting my sports news from a combination of Deadspin and Puck Daddy.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: PWP Postmaster General, :rolleyes: Sapphire, UA GS, and Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rolov
You read it correctly but you were still too drunk

@:-)
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by gbryan84
Olton Hall, my upgrade for IAH-SMF cleared last night (at the 6 day mark).
I remain hopeful that I'll hear good news Friday afternoon / early Saturday morning for the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.