Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 3:22 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
OK, booked:

09 Jun WLG-AKL 1540-1640 QF 2722
09 Jun AKL-WLG 1800-1900 QF 2723

That'll give me the chance to unwind in the AKL Lounge with KF and wijomas..

Cheers, TK
Look forward to seeing you again TK ^
Old May 4, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
Please put me down as a non attendee for the 9th May
Same here. No funds to pay for the trip plus I have already booked my BNE-SYD-BNE flights for the weekend. Have a good time and I will certainly miss the NZ domestic flights on Jetconnect....
Old May 5, 2009, 5:12 am

Programs: QF FF, Velocity, NZ FF
Jetconnect Final Domestic Flight

Well I've booked QF2728 on June 9th @1930 from WLG-AKL...which, according to the Qantas Timetable, is the final ever Jetconnect domestic flight to be operated. Equipment type says 733 but as with 2728, it could very well be a 400 series.
Old May 5, 2009, 5:14 am

Jun 09

Also does anybody know why QF2771, which was supposed to be the very final Jetconnect flight was cancelled? (AKL-CHC). It's dropped out of the timetable and you can't book it...glad I held off booking until this week as now I'm on 2728 (the new final flight). It's more convenient now....don't have to overnight in CHC!!!
Old May 5, 2009, 5:36 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by saabflyer
Also does anybody know why QF2771, which was supposed to be the very final Jetconnect flight was cancelled? (AKL-CHC). It's dropped out of the timetable and you can't book it...glad I held off booking until this week as now I'm on 2728 (the new final flight). It's more convenient now....don't have to overnight in CHC!!!
No idea of the answer to your question saabflyer, but welcome to FT!
Old May 5, 2009, 5:57 am
In memoriam

Welcome to FT saabflyer, look forward to meeting you on QF2728

No idea about 2771 either...
Old May 5, 2009, 7:00 am

You know what would be nice? If there was a way you could "remember" this Do.

As it stands, it just seems everyone get together and Jetconnect being removed from NZ domestic is a reason for it. OK, that's more than half the reason too, and getting people from Jetconnect (or QF for that matter) to come for a few Steinlagers in one of the QPs is more than likely not going to happen before hell freezes over.

I floated an idea with Bundy Bear about collecting BP stubs and/or autographs of the FAs/CSMs on each of the flights....

Especially something for the very last flight WLG-AKL QF2728, since I doubt there's gonna be water cannons et alia (a la how most defunct carriers decide to end gracefully)....
Old May 5, 2009, 7:02 am
In memoriam

I'm sure you could easily arrange for the Armed Offenders Squad to meet the flight...
Old May 5, 2009, 11:54 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Originally Posted by wijomas
I'm sure you could easily arrange for the Armed Offenders Squad to meet the flight...
While that would certainly be memorable (I sure remember the last time I saw AOS at the airport), please don't.

A badge, poster or similar may be a good idea though.
Old May 5, 2009, 11:59 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk saabflyer

I guess QF has changed their plans on which trans-tasman flights 10 June will be operated by jetconnect thus made changes to schedule afternoon/evening of 9 June.
Old May 5, 2009, 1:04 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
While that would certainly be memorable (I sure remember the last time I saw AOS at the airport), please don't.

A badge, poster or similar may be a good idea though.
Ahh yes - the dear woman that wanted to take the Jetstream32 to Australia... And now thanks to her we will most likely be getting increased security on regional flights (which isn't really a bad thing, just a nuisance for those of us that don't intend to blow things up).
Old May 6, 2009, 1:05 am

Thanks for your welcome's guys...

Yup 2728 will be a bit of a sad affair - the last time we will ever see a Kangaroo doing New Zealand domestic service I would imagine.

I know for a fact, knowing many of the Jetconnect Cabin Crews that for them it will be another day at the office and nothing particularly special is planned (which is pathetic considering this is the last time they do a domestic run).

A water cannon would be the best thing but doubt it's gonna happen either...

I will definitely be taking a camera aboard though...wonder what that final plane will be to do that last run...rather fitting if it was JNB since it's the most elderly plane in the Qantas fleet.

I will truly miss QF domestic...sure they had ancient planes, appalling OTP, a timetable that was inconvenient but for the fare you paid you got a little bit extra than NZ or DJ served on-board and you were treated in a way a little bit more akin to what domestic flying was like several years ago...

2728 will touch down into the history books that Tuesday night...see you all there
Old May 6, 2009, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by wijomas
Ahh yes - the dear woman that wanted to take the Jetstream32 to Australia... And now thanks to her we will most likely be getting increased security on regional flights (which isn't really a bad thing, just a nuisance for those of us that don't intend to blow things up).
How can you say it is not a bad thing? Next you'll be advocating a liquids ban.
Old May 6, 2009, 1:58 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
How can you say it is not a bad thing? Next you'll be advocating a liquids ban.
I for one do not want mad Somali women (or anyone for that matter) on board the same flight as me waving knives around
Old May 6, 2009, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
All, is there a plan for the period 0830-1145 at WLG? In particular, any thoughts for leaving the terminal? I recall jswong's suggestion to meet downtown for an early brunch somewhere....

I'm keen to work out where/when I should arrive wherever since I'm busing around (Mrs TK is working on Sat and I'm deprived of transport....).

Otherwise, I trust the QC at WLG has a good supply of snacks....!!

I'm rather looking forward to this mini-do event, although am scurrying to dig up the winter jackets at present!

Cheers, TK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.