Search
Old May 20, 2013, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ANC RED-EYE
Confirmed Events

Upcoming Visits

catweazle 8 November to 11 November 2018

Local Residents

Here is the list of all known ANC-based FTers. Please feel free to update this list as needed.
  • akdude
  • AKronin
  • AKScotty
  • AKSteveB
  • alaskantraveler (ANC)
  • alphaeagle (In transit?)
  • alaskamatt
  • ANC
  • ANC RED-EYE (When he's not in SAP)
  • AKDan (Kenai Peninsula)
  • beckoa
  • billscann
  • BOB W (If there's wine there is a way)
  • BoeingOrNotGoing
  • Chugach
  • ChugiakAk
  • eastwest
  • erikatcuse
  • Faralaska
  • filmdept
  • geefour907
  • HDK
  • HRHMom
  • jackal (extended vacation)
  • Jazon256
  • kajaz
  • la2jax
  • Lake_Hood
  • Legend717
  • Major G (part-time)
  • msccpa1
  • meej
  • pipeliner
  • REC1111 (Kenai Peninsula)
  • Ruthalaska
  • Seat 2A (FAI; comes through ANC often)
  • SouthAnch
  • stellertony (mostly in OAK, visits 2-3x/year)
  • wanderlove
  • warmstor
  • whereishome?
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated ANC Meet-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by sbm12
Anyone around September 8th or 9th?

I arrive around 7pm on the 8th (in from IAH) and leave around 2pm on the 10th (out to HNL). Dunno if I'll stay in town on the 9th or drive down towards Seward or something else.
I'll be at my cabin 9/7-11. Perhaps next time.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 3:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sbm12
Anyone around September 8th or 9th?

I arrive around 7pm on the 8th (in from IAH) and leave around 2pm on the 10th (out to HNL). Dunno if I'll stay in town on the 9th or drive down towards Seward or something else.
Should be here in one form or the other- AS870 is a nice flight I'm on it on the 29th of Sept...
Old Aug 20, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
My original post is linked below, however I have made some edits in bold) the message as well, which are below.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...thread-71.html

Hello to my 'new' Alaskan Friends!

Thanks to a glitch price at the Howard Johnson's in Anchorage (20.00 per night for a 2 bed suite), I'm finding myself on a 50 hour trip to Alaska late next Sunday through early Wednesday.

I'll be arriving on CO from SEA at 11:23pm on the 28th, and then leaving also on CO at 12:40am on the 31st.

Currently, my plan is visiting the Alaska State Fair one of the two days (so kind of them to be holding it while I am there). I believe things are pointing towards doing this on Monday, leaving Anchorage by 9:30/10:00am. I wouldn't want to offend anyone on my flights home should I smell of the state fair.

I also will be meeting up with a classmate from High School, who happens to work at the Anchorage Museum. This is on tap for later on Tuesday afternoon, in the 3-ish range

I'd imagine that all occurring during one of the two days, so I have some free time, and since you FT's from Alaska are always happy to see and meet "new" people, I figured I'd take a shot and see who or what is out there. [B] I know when I first posted someone mentioned a quick meeting at the airport, which I'd be down for. I actually am a newly minted Amex Platnum, which affords me access to the Alaska Airlines Board Room. (Through the Priority Pass Card.)

Anyway, I look forward to some replies (I hope), as well as some suggestions, etc. Thank you all again. I look forward to hearing from and perhaps meeting you.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Anyone :-( :-)
Old Aug 22, 2011, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by kwildnj
We're here; I'm not sure of my plans for next week. Several of the locals have been taking advantage of some mileage redemptions on our weekends to get out and see our state. Good chance we'll be here next week, though. I've just been slammed at work and haven't had the energy to plan a get-together. Anyone else want to take the reins and organize something?
Old Aug 22, 2011, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by kwildnj
I can't really tell when you are free, except maybe Tuesday lunch.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
I can't really tell when you are free, except maybe Tuesday lunch.
Sorry for my first post being a little confusing!

In Short I'm Available:

Dinner
---------
Both Days - One day would have to be 6:30 or later.

Lunch
--------
Either Day, would plan the fair day on the "other" day.

Breakfast
--------------
Don't really eat it! But would be available either day.

Airport Club Meeting
-------------------------------
Tuesday Night, I'd say 9/10pm or later, I have access.

The Not So Short:

I fly in 11:30pm Sunday, and back out Wednesday at 12:30am. In between, I actually have no real itinerary for the 49 hours in between as of yet.

As I said, I am going to the fair one of the two days, I've actually purchased a ticket already. I'd prefer Monday but it could be Tuesday as well, I just didn't want to smell quite so fair-like for my travels home.

The fair opens at noon during the week, and unless I'm totally underestimating my visit to the Alaska State Fair as it compare to my visit to the Nebraska State Fair, I foresee spending about five hours, putting my back into Anchorage between 6 and 6:30.

My visit to the Anchorage Museum I'd anticipate taking but three hours, which if I got there as it opened at 9:00am, I'd be done by 12 or 1pm.

Hope we can work something out!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Ironically I can only meet you at the start of your trip, as I am leaving the state for a quick run to MSY while you are in town. But more then willing to meet up in the AS BR

I depart on AS150 at 12:45 AM Monday August 29

I return on DL1089 at 12:30 AM Thursday Sept 1
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Now announcing the next Alaska Mega Do:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...24-2012-a.html

See you there!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:07 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

So anyone up for a meetup this month before the 29th? We've got a few things to discuss re solstice... Call it the solstice launch party
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
So anyone up for a meetup this month before the 29th? We've got a few things to discuss re solstice... Call it the solstice launch party
I think we need to do an exploratory trip out there to do some research...
Old Sep 2, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: UA1K; AA EXP
Going up to ANC on 9/3, 9/10, and 9/25. 90-min turnaround at ANC on CO metal.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Any evening between 9/12 & 9/27 works for me.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Here AFAIK. Working, though, but since I work at the airport, a quick hello (Board Room or otherwise) shouldn't be out of the question.

Forgot to message you about that...I've flown a lot into/out of ANC this summer since my GF works at Denali... What do you do? I'm possibly flying out of FAI on Sunday but will message you if I'm flying out of ANC instead.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
Now announcing the next Alaska Mega Do:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...24-2012-a.html

See you there!
I would suggest posting this to MilePoint if one has not done so yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.