Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Coast-to-Coast MEGA DO RUN! MLK Weekend 2008: 1/18 LAX | 1/19 IAD | 1/20 IAD & LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coast-to-Coast MEGA DO RUN! MLK Weekend 2008: 1/18 LAX | 1/19 IAD | 1/20 IAD & LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 11:24 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by GoingAway
and there goes that excuse ...
but still against the pats

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Folks,

I'm going to put together an itinerary shortly so that we don't have to deal with all the minute details of when to meet during the Do, so wanted to see if this was ok. Of course it's entirely voluntary and some of it is specific to us Hiltoners at LAX.

I spoke with the Hilton and found out that we can print our BP's there at a kiosk (which I recommend we do the night before, and we can always swap them for hard ones at the airport), the shuttle runs every 15-20 minutes, and the concierge level opens for breakfast at 6AM.

So I am guessing it's best if we meet on the concierge level at 6AM, have a light breakfast, and then all head down for a 6:30AMish shuttle. That should put us past security with about half an hour in the RCC before departure.

I know a couple of people may not automatically have concierge level access, so would some of the Gold/Diamond members that have a room to themselves mind "sponsoring" someone else?

Sound ok?
i think some form of where/when is a good idea i can "sponsor" at the hilton-lax if someone needs.

so how many more are w/l on the outbound and the return?

as to those flying on friday and olci for our saturday am flights, since i'm not flying sfo-lax until later on friday, (for a small fee ) i can do olci for folks if you'd like. simply pm me your pnr's and last names and i'd be more than happy to do it. i'm scheduled ex-sfo at 6pm but i'm gonna head out around noon-ish to try and go stdby but i would start the olci at 8am friday morning.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pat89339
I can sponsor someone. Egads a 6:30 shuttle? Maybe I'll change my seat on the plane to the mini cabin because I'm going to be sleeping on that plane.
Oh come on! Sleep in if you'd like, but you'll wanna be awake for the in-flight Do. Otherwise we promise to be really really quiet.
Originally Posted by goalie
i think some form of where/when is a good idea i can "sponsor" at the hilton-lax if someone needs.
Sounds good, thanks. I'll get a list together of all the events and send it out to those involved as we get a bit closer to the event.

BTW, can anyone else confirm? It's less than two weeks out now!
Old Jan 6, 2008, 5:12 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Oh come on! Sleep in if you'd like, but you'll wanna be awake for the in-flight Do.
Why are there games and prizes???
Old Jan 6, 2008, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why are there games and prizes???
Hmmm, that's an idea. Maybe we can play "Who can spot the FAM first, and yell out the seat number?"
Old Jan 6, 2008, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Hmmm, that's an idea. Maybe we can play "Who can spot the FAM first, and yell out the seat number?"
But won't they be sitting in F? We are in the back of the C cabin...
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
But won't they be sitting in F? We are in the back of the C cabin...
spot the fams.......................boarding

also, who's flying down friday ex-sfo and would like a rcc sponsor. i know pat with all those numbers is a rcc member but anyone else want in. like i said earlier, i'm gonna head off around noon to go stdby
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:02 pm

Programs: 1K
I know a couple of people may not automatically have concierge level access, so would some of the Gold/Diamond members that have a room to themselves mind "sponsoring" someone else?
Sound ok?
Lucky, are you going to start lists of those who need sponsoring and of those who will sponsor? (Or is that just way too... "too")

If so, I'll need sponsorship all along the way
(thanks in advance to those willing to sponsor peons like me)

DD
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Daringdoo
Lucky, are you going to start lists of those who need sponsoring and of those who will sponsor? (Or is that just way too... "too")

DD
can i pick you as my victim for lax (and the sf rcc if you need it tho i phorgot what time your flight is)
Old Jan 6, 2008, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DD
There's no need for the flights we're on together since over half of us have access. We wont have any problems getting everyone in. Hope that's what you meant.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:47 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
how many drink chits will we amass
Old Jan 6, 2008, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UCBeau
how many drink chits will we amass
Good one.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
can i pick you as my victim for lax (and the sf rcc if you need it tho i phorgot what time your flight is)
Sure. I'll be a willing victim but I think I leave much earlier than you (UA 1179 dep 12:01). If you can bolt early from work let me know and we'll meet up.

Btw, did you get your PM?

DD
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:10 pm

There's no need for the flights we're on together since over half of us have access. We wont have any problems getting everyone in. Hope that's what you meant.
Yup. Thanks.

DD
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh boy, is goalie talking to himself... again?
Old Jan 7, 2008, 8:16 am

Sure. I'll be a willing victim but I think I leave much earlier than you (UA 1179 dep 12:01). If you can bolt early from work let me know and we'll meet up.

DD
yup just sent you a reply.

Oh boy, is goalie talking to himself... again?
lucky, shhhhhh-you're making too much noise- can't hear myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.