Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Coast-to-Coast MEGA DO RUN! MLK Weekend 2008: 1/18 LAX | 1/19 IAD | 1/20 IAD & LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coast-to-Coast MEGA DO RUN! MLK Weekend 2008: 1/18 LAX | 1/19 IAD | 1/20 IAD & LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2007, 2:04 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Awesome GoodKarmaGuy , thanks for the offer!^ What time do you close?
Oh right. We close at 1am with last call being around 1230-1245ish. Maybe later for friends. Oh, and I certainly did not mean to throw a wrench into the evening's plans. I just sorta meant: "come on by on your way back to your hotels".

If you decide to do it as a group or a few carloads, just call the Hilton, ask for the bar and tell us that you are on the way. I will find out before then if there are any big parties in the hotel that night so I will know how busy we'll be. The bar is nice, too, not huge, but sort of fancy though we do have the obligatory pool table. The only downside (for some of us - me included) is that one is allowed to SMOKE in the bar. Virginia, you know.

NOTE: The website is wrong. We close at 1am every night.

p.s. Anyone visiting their sister or otherwise missing dinner that night is welcome to come in with the group when I am buying that round. And bring your sister, too.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:15 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
so it's legal that i can smoke a cigar..but if i did, it would annoy/irritate an otherwise cool sounding bartender..

damn
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:26 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by UCBeau
so it's legal that i can smoke a cigar..but if i did, it would annoy/irritate an otherwise cool sounding bartender..

damn
wouldn't bother me none .
Old Dec 24, 2007, 10:49 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by UCBeau

damn
Free drink and a cigar, I will more than likely be joining you, hopefully with a Partagas Series D #4.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 1:08 am

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by newself
Free drink and a cigar, I will more than likely be joining you, hopefully with a Partagas Series D #4.
Wait a minute now! The drinks are free (ONE ROUND STATED IN ADVANCE BECAUSE I KNOW HOW WE FTers ARE! ) but the cigars are not.

BTW, you cannot smoke cigars in our bar until after 10pm and you cannot buy them here. And it will not annoy me.

p.s. Saturday nights I am a waiter in the bar, not the bartender so don't go getting all excited about "strong drinks", etc.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 5:09 am

An Update:

Barring work deciding that I need to go somewhere else (which does happen more than one would think) I can pretty much confirm that I will be able to attend lunch and a visit to the Udvar-Hazy Center.

BTW, I am staying at the airport Marriott.

Dan
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:00 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Somewhat off-topic, but I hope that it's within the bounds of this thread since it's regarding meeting-up.

I'll be on my way to do a SEA-MHT MR (via SFO & IAD) on Sunday morning. Arriving at 6:07am on SFO-IAD #74, wondering if anyone flying in LAX-IAD that morning would be interested in breakfast.

My IAD-MHT leaves at 8:40am, so not much of a window, but I figured I'd ask.

Edit: Got my days mixed up.... thought that the MEGA-DO flew in Sunday morning, not Saturday. Doubt anyone would be at the airport that early.... disregard, sorry.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

bmvaughn, we actually get in Saturday afternoon at around 4PM, but I think I have an idea. You'll have PM shortly.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:50 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
Wait a minute now! The drinks are free (ONE ROUND STATED IN ADVANCE BECAUSE I KNOW HOW WE FTers ARE! ) but the cigars are not.

BTW, you cannot smoke cigars in our bar until after 10pm and you cannot buy them here. And it will not annoy me.

p.s. Saturday nights I am a waiter in the bar, not the bartender so don't go getting all excited about "strong drinks", etc.
GKG,

Don't worry! I will not order the Macallan and will bring cigars. Thanks for the offer of the free drink, it is very generous of you!

Dave
Old Dec 25, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
minor change for goalie-sis

she's still gonna join us for dinner and brunch but there's about a 50/50 chance that she will not be able to join us for the national air and space museum udvar-hazy center after brunch as she just got invited to go skiing for the remainder of the long w/e.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 1:16 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
wouldn't bother me none .
i got a few in the humidor now that should be pretty awesome, i just hope i don't forget them
Old Dec 25, 2007, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Mr. Kipper and I are still tentative, but I did book hotel rooms for the weekend, as I found pet-friendly locations.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

she's still gonna join us for dinner and brunch but there's about a 50/50 chance that she will not be able to join us for the national air and space museum udvar-hazy center after brunch as she just got invited to go skiing for the remainder of the long w/e.
Does goalie-sis really want to miss out on the air and space museum? After all, that's where we're in our element!
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Does goalie-sis really want to miss out on the air and space museum? After all, that's where we're in our element!
she might be ready to shoot us by that point (and trust me, she wouldn't miss as she was an expert marksman [9mm, m16, single 30, single 50, double 50's and quad 50's ] while in the uscg ) but seriously, i think there is a cute guy going on the ski trip .
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

but seriously, i think there is a cute guy going on the ski trip .
What are you trying to say about the guys at the Do, goalie?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.