Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Coast-to-Coast MEGA DO RUN! MLK Weekend 2008: 1/18 LAX | 1/19 IAD | 1/20 IAD & LAX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coast-to-Coast MEGA DO RUN! MLK Weekend 2008: 1/18 LAX | 1/19 IAD | 1/20 IAD & LAX

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:13 am
DWP

Programs: UA 1K (thanks to UCBeau and Lucky), RCC, Fallen Hyatt Diamond

Count me in please for events 2-5.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:13 pm
aku

Programs: UA 1MM, Marr/SPG LT Plat, HH Gold, IC Amb, Hyatt Gold, Hertz 5*, BW LT Diam
I think you need to tell Encounters to expect more than eighteen people!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DWP
Count me in please for events 2-5.
Excellent, glad to hear!^

A couple of quick questions for the locals in LA and DC-

For LA, what's the easiest way to get to Encounters from the Hilton? Is it walking distance, is it better to take the shuttle to the airport and then walk from there, or what? My flight is scheduled in at around 1845 and I would really like to take a shower before heading to dinner at 2000, so probably need to plan it well.

For DC, could any of the locals provide rides? We could take cabs otherwise, but just wanted to see if anyone is from the area and could provide rides to either dinner on Saturday, the Air & Space Museum on Sunday, or lunch on Sunday?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:21 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Ben,

Take the hotel shuttle to T2 and walk across the street to Encounters as it is too far to walk.

Dave
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newself
Ben,

Take the hotel shuttle to T2 and walk across the street to Encounters as it is too far to walk.

Dave
Thanks for the info, sounds like this'll take some serious coordination. Does anyone know how often the Hilton shuttle runs? Assuming it's every half hour I'll have to take the 7PM shuttle to the hotel (if my flight is on time), and the 7:30PM shuttle back to the airport. Better shower fast!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Excellent, glad to hear!^

A couple of quick questions for the locals in LA and DC-

For LA, what's the easiest way to get to Encounters from the Hilton? Is it walking distance, is it better to take the shuttle to the airport and then walk from there, or what? My flight is scheduled in at around 1845 and I would really like to take a shower before heading to dinner at 2000, so probably need to plan it well.

For DC, could any of the locals provide rides? We could take cabs otherwise, but just wanted to see if anyone is from the area and could provide rides to either dinner on Saturday, the Air & Space Museum on Sunday, or lunch on Sunday?

Thanks and Happy New Year!
If we go, and we're still tentative right now, I don't have a problem picking up a few people. We'd have my Jeep, so we could hold two comfortably, and three not so comfortably.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:24 am
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
I can shuttle people (up to 3) back and forth also from the terminals to their hotels and back if needed. For myself, I was planning on parking at the Sheraton Gateway and taking the shuttle to T2 (Northwest Airlines) for the dinner. PM me if anyone needs a ride.

Dave
Old Jan 1, 2008, 8:54 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Awesome GoodKarmaGuy , thanks for the offer!^ What time do you close?
OT but can't resist: Are you 21 already? How time flies!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 9:19 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
LOL! Harsh!! Cut the guy some slack
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:18 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
I just hope the January 20th lunch & Air & Space visit doesn't coincide with the NFC Championship game if the Redskins make it that far.^ If they do, hopefully the NFL will schedule the game to start around 4-6pm. I'd like to be able to make lunch and the Air & Space, then head off to watch the game that will put the 'Skins in the Super Bowl.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 10:38 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by DullesJason
I just hope the January 20th lunch & Air & Space visit doesn't coincide with the NFC Championship game if the Redskins make it that far.^ If they do, hopefully the NFL will schedule the game to start around 4-6pm. I'd like to be able to make lunch and the Air & Space, then head off to watch the game that will put the 'Skins in the Super Bowl.
against the pats
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:47 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
I will dbl check some things and see if I can join. Looks promising.

Spartacus:
Good to see we have other BSA, (potentially eagle?) soaring amongst us.

Eagle '96.
Fellow OA Brother?
Life for Life (drivers license before completion of service project in 1975), but Woodbadge Eagle. OA Ceremonies Advisor
Old Jan 3, 2008, 2:50 am

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
Add me to the list of people who can shuttle between hotels and LAX. I can hold 3 comfortably or squeeze 4. Just send me a PM if you need a ride.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by goalie
against the pats
I'm afraid you're right about that.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Just found out that my mom is on UA 947; I've alerted her that she may want to move her seat into the mini-cabin of C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.