Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO (Burlingame) Dinner- 6:30PM Saturday, February 3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK, that is what I was thinking as well. In addition, we should be there for at least three hours (or so I would think?), so we are not in a hurry or anything.

As for splitting up into tables: I assume that this is what will happen anyway? I doubt they have a table for 30+ people, so we will probably just sit down at tables as we arrive, similar to the way it was at Dim Sum, right? After dinner, we can switch tables a bit (musical chairs), but I agree that this is the easiest. I will tell the coordinator that this is our preference then. Thanks folks!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
This is shaping up nicely. Some mariscos and margaritas ought to prepare everyone for the p.s. redeye back to the Apple.
The "maybe" list is too long, and the Confirmed is not long enough. Some of you Maybes I have yet to meet, but for WindFlyer, Wireless, Beerman92, party_boy, 90minfromJFK-CDG, UAX@SFO, KathyWdrf and Jet2K - I expect to see your names off the "maybe" and on the CONFIRMED!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyinryan
This is shaping up nicely. Some mariscos and margaritas ought to prepare everyone for the p.s. redeye back to the Apple.
The "maybe" list is too long, and the Confirmed is not long enough. Some of you Maybes I have yet to meet, but for WindFlyer, Wireless, Beerman92, party_boy, 90minfromJFK-CDG, UAX@SFO, KathyWdrf and Jet2K - I expect to see your names off the "maybe" and on the CONFIRMED!
Of course, there are PLENTY more that should confirm, but I don't see any of our resident FA's even on the maybe list!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Of course, there are PLENTY more that should confirm, but I don't see any of our resident FA's even on the maybe list!
@:-)
I said this about the last SFO Do (Dim Sum at HKFL,) and I'll say it again: if any of our fantastic United FA's would like to join us, their drinks are on me!
Liz, iflyua2, Aluminum Tubing, flime2dc - gosh, there are so many Flyertalk United FA's, I can't remember them all. Anyway - You show up, I buy.

Last edited by flyinryan; Jan 17, 2007 at 6:01 pm
Old Jan 6, 2007, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

flyinryan has now joined the ranks of those that will be flying out on UA16, which makes six of us!^ Would at least one more person like to join us so we can officially say that 25% of the C cabin was taken up by FT? Imagine how many signatures we will get into those brand new Hemishpere's!

Also, anyone that will be in the SFO area anyway and could provide rides to the airport would be greatly appreicated, as it looks like there are at least six or so of us.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:03 pm

I'll drive myself + 2 others, which means I will have to seriously curtail my consumption of 'ritas.
Perhaps I can redeem myself on board 16 later in the evening.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Also, anyone that will be in the SFO area anyway and could provide rides to the airport would be greatly appreicated, as it looks like there are at least six or so of us.
Is Hola! on public transit? I was hoping to explore on BART since I don't think Avis likes rentals <1 day.

I figured I would cab it back to the airport unless we did have some nice drivers.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gj83
Is Hola! on public transit? I was hoping to explore on BART since I don't think Avis likes rentals <1 day.

I figured I would cab it back to the airport unless we did have some nice drivers.
Not sure. Up until now I have always had people generous enough to drive us to and from the airport, and I doubt it will be any different this time. Don't worry, it'll be taken care of.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 2:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by gj83
Is Hola! on public transit? I was hoping to explore on BART
The Millbrae BART station is 3 miles from the restaurant, so, unless you really like to walk, maybe not the best option. The SAMTRANS 292 bus from SFO goes past Burlingame and might work: http://www.samtrans.org/pdf/Schedule...2_12-24-06.pdf
Old Jan 6, 2007, 3:36 pm

We should have UA send a van for all of us flying on 16 that night.
"Hello, UA SFO Ops? Hi. There are 6 p.s. Business pax at a restaurant down the freeway who need a ride. Can you send a van? Tell the driver his/her dinner is free if we get picked up. There's a C-note in it if the driver takes us straight to the bottom of the jetway."
Old Jan 6, 2007, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K
We should have UA send a van for all of us flying on 16 that night.
"Hello, UA SFO Ops? Hi. There are 6 p.s. Business pax at a restaurant down the freeway who need a ride. Can you send a van? Tell the driver his/her dinner is free if we get picked up. There's a C-note in it if the driver takes us straight to the bottom of the jetway."
Ya know... find the right person at SFO ops (are there any UGS among us?) and that's actually not a bad idea! Well, not so sure how much the TSA would like the jetway thing

Lucky, as I still don't know exactly how I'll be joining you all that day, there is a decent chance I'll have either my or sister's car -- in which case me+3 (4, if you like pain) is an option.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We should have UA send a van
A van?!?! I would much prefer one Mercedes S500 and one Porsche Cayenne to drive us straight to the jetway.

Old Jan 6, 2007, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
Some of you Maybes I have yet to meet, but for WindFlyer, Wireless, Beerman92, party_boy, 90minfromJFK-CDG, UAX@SFO, KathyWdrf and Jet2K - I expect to see your names off the "maybe" and on the CONFIRMED!
love ya guys, but this is Ski Season. I just love my snowboard slightly more...

If I'm not in Tahoe, I'll drive people to/from airport.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Lucky.... sign me up as a definite.

This sounds fun!
Old Jan 6, 2007, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JeepGuyDE
Lucky.... sign me up as a definite.

This sounds fun!
Excellent! That makes 18 confirmed and 18 maybes!^

Originally Posted by Wireless
love ya guys, but this is Ski Season. I just love my snowboard slightly more...
Andrew, your priorities are in the wrong place! Snowboarding over FT?!? *100

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.