Wiki Posts
Search

SFO (Burlingame) Dinner- 6:30PM Saturday, February 3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by auh2o
Hola is a much better choice. I almost live at the Westin SFO and I refuse to eat at Elephant Bar. It is nasty.
Does this mean that there is chance that auh2o will join us? ^
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And it appears as if the Mariachi performs every Saturday night!^

My only concern: The place looks pretty small, and it being a Saturday night certainly does not help. Do you think that we will be able to get a reservation for 30ish people? (judging by how many people showed up last time)^
Old Dec 28, 2006, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, I finally found the thread, and I see Mrs. Ptravel and I are already on the "maybe" list. That's a strong maybe -- as long as I'm not out-of-town, we'll be there.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PTravel
Ah, I finally found the thread, and I see Mrs. Ptravel and I are already on the "maybe" list. That's a strong maybe -- as long as I'm not out-of-town, we'll be there.
And around here, stong maybe=confirmed! Let me know if you can't make it (which I am sure won't happen)
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:13 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
We were able to get a reservation the last time we met at Hola! although I'm pretty sure it was a weeknight and there were only 10-15 of us.

Let's get a tentative count and then I'll look into the reservations.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
And around here, stong maybe=confirmed! Let me know if you can't make it (which I am sure won't happen)
Okay, put us down as confirmed.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by work2fly
We were able to get a reservation the last time we met at Hola! although I'm pretty sure it was a weeknight and there were only 10-15 of us.

Let's get a tentative count and then I'll look into the reservations.
That sounds like a plan!^ A disclaimer has been added.
Old Dec 29, 2006, 12:33 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Count me in as a maybe...during winter weekends I prefer to fly down mountains instead of in clouds. I'll show up if we are still short of snow....
Old Dec 29, 2006, 2:53 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Oooh. This sounds like fun! Put me in as a maybe. I might head out to SEA or LAX, so I'll see if I can stop by SFO...
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

worldwidedreamer and Tennen are maybe's. I hope you folks can make it!^
Old Dec 30, 2006, 1:15 am

Programs: UA1P
Count me as a maybe.

Is anyone up for a Bay Tour with me flying a Piper? if so, PM me with your weight (for weight and balance purposes) just in case many people want to go. It takes about an hour of flying over SFO, golden gate bridge, alcatraz, etc.. If SFO tower isn't busy, you can even make the radio call for a "frequency 120.5" (ie Channel 9) experience. It would be cool if we can time it at the time one of our planes is landing at SFO so they can stand out and shout "I know them!" PM me with your email address and I can send you some photos.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 12172003
Count me as a maybe.

Is anyone up for a Bay Tour with me flying a Piper? if so, PM me with your weight (for weight and balance purposes) just in case many people want to go. It takes about an hour of flying over SFO, golden gate bridge, alcatraz, etc.. If SFO tower isn't busy, you can even make the radio call for a "frequency 120.5" (ie Channel 9) experience. It would be cool if we can time it at the time one of our planes is landing at SFO so they can stand out and shout "I know them!" PM me with your email address and I can send you some photos.
Hope you can make it!^

That sounds like quite an offer! When do you plan on doing this? I can standby for a flight which gets in way early, where I would be in SFO from around 2PM on. What airport would you be departing from?

Thanks!^
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:08 am

Programs: UA1P
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
That sounds like quite an offer! When do you plan on doing this? I can standby for a flight which gets in way early, where I would be in SFO from around 2PM on. What airport would you be departing from?
I can do it whenever. It's not like I make a schedule 11 months in advance. Just keep in mind it's a visual tour so if the weather is bad we won't go. (I am IFR but when in the clouds there is absolutely nothing to see as a passenger). So if you flew in early, you'd end up wasting some time. At worst, I can always meet you for a beer. We'd fly out of San Carlos (KSQL).
Old Dec 30, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Amb
This sounds fun! Put me + 1 down as a maybe. The gf and I will be returning to SMF from BDL via SFO on that day, so we're about 50/50.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by espostor
This sounds fun! Put me + 1 down as a maybe. The gf and I will be returning to SMF from BDL via SFO on that day, so we're about 50/50.
Hope you can make it, Ryan!^

Originally Posted by 12172003
I can do it whenever. It's not like I make a schedule 11 months in advance. Just keep in mind it's a visual tour so if the weather is bad we won't go. (I am IFR but when in the clouds there is absolutely nothing to see as a passenger). So if you flew in early, you'd end up wasting some time. At worst, I can always meet you for a beer. We'd fly out of San Carlos (KSQL).
Let me get back to you on that. I would be very interested, but will see how the loads look closer to the date. I am sure many others are interested as well!

Why are so many SFO FT'ers not on the list?!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.