SFO (Burlingame) Dinner- 6:30PM Saturday, February 3

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO (Burlingame) Dinner- 6:30PM Saturday, February 3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2006, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
If there isn't fresh snow in Tahoe, I'll be there!
Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:06 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
work2fly: If you want, you can spend some quality time with the FAM's! That flight into TPA (which I took AT LEAST a dozen times this year) ALWAYS has marshalls. They always have about a three hour turn, so maybe you folks can hang out? They like to hit Friday's.
Shall we bring our cameras and take lots of pictures on the flight??
Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by work2fly
Shall we bring our cameras and take lots of pictures on the flight??
What do you think I have been doing for the past year?!?

As a matter of fact, they sit in the same exact seat everytime, and lucky ALWAYS sits across the aisle from them. On occassion, I thank them after the flight for their hard work and protection of our country. Usually just a puzzled look, sometimes...
Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I don't care much for the food or service at the Elephant Bar, but look forward to meeting everyone. Count 1 more confirmed.

P.S. Next time let's go for Max's Opera Cafe, 5 min from SFO and right off the freeway in Burlingame.
So far, you are the only person I know who has been in there. Is it really that poor? We can always change the venue. I just suggested it because Benihana is closed, and we've already done Hong Kong Flower Lounge and Max's in the last few months. Kuletos was also on the short list. Totally open to ideas here - San Mateo locations might work as well.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:50 pm

If you're still looking for ideas, we had a FT dinner at Hola! a year or so ago that was very well received.

Solid Mexican food, good margaritas and close to the airport in downtown Burlingame. Expect to pay about $20 for a plate of food and a margarita.

I've been to the E-bar...mediocre food. I don't have strong feelings against it - so if that's what the group sticks with, fine by me.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
What do you think I have been doing for the past year?!?
I was referring to your run in with the FAMs after taking too many pictures - that was you, wasn't it?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott
If you're still looking for ideas, we had a FT dinner at Hola! a year or so ago that was very well received.

Solid Mexican food, good margaritas and close to the airport in downtown Burlingame. Expect to pay about $20 for a plate of food and a margarita.

I've been to the E-bar...mediocre food. I don't have strong feelings against it - so if that's what the group sticks with, fine by me.
With so many excellent restaurants in the bay area, I sorta agree. But whatever, I'll do what the group decides
Old Dec 28, 2006, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist

Sounds a'ight to me - maybe we should give that a go. What does lucky think? (I doubt he'll be having too many 'ritas)
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyinryan
Sounds a'ight to me - maybe we should give that a go. What does lucky think? (I doubt he'll be having too many 'ritas)
Hey, you locals are the experts. Whatever you guys want is what goes. I am all for good Mexican food (and margaritas, but that's a different story). Shall we change venues?

I was referring to your run in with the FAMs after taking too many pictures - that was you, wasn't it?
Yes, unfortunately was. We WILL be taking PLENTY of pics though!^
Old Dec 28, 2006, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by flyinryan
So far, you are the only person I know who has been in there. Is it really that poor? We can always change the venue. I just suggested it because Benihana is closed, and we've already done Hong Kong Flower Lounge and Max's in the last few months. Kuletos was also on the short list. Totally open to ideas here - San Mateo locations might work as well.
Think TGIF's but with worse service. The food isn't inedible but it's nothing special. In fact I would take Andale or Ebisu in the SFO international terminal any day over this place. It is however, relatively easy to find from the Broadway/Burlingame exit off 101 and the prices are reasonable.

There are quite a few good restaurants in Burlingame - will have get back to you with some local recs. I am more familiar with San Mateo, but don't know if that is too far from SFO as it is @ 15 minutes and a $15-20 cab fare.

I am pretty sure I have been to Hola - good mexican food IIRC. ^

Last edited by Boraxo; Dec 28, 2006 at 5:52 pm Reason: add info
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK, so seems like everyone likes Hola! I just checked out the website, and it looks pretty damn good. So, since everyone seems to like it, can I edit the OP for Hola?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:48 pm

Are you sure you want Mexican right before we board our 5 hour redeye to JFK?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

^
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
A better question is, do his travel companions want HIM to have Mexican right before crowding into a metal tube for 5 hrs?
Old Dec 28, 2006, 7:08 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Hola is a much better choice. I almost live at the Westin SFO and I refuse to eat at Elephant Bar. It is nasty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.