Reload this Page >

DC-10 Retirement DO - HNL 1/7/07

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC-10 Retirement DO - HNL 1/7/07

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:46 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I flew DC 10 countless times on many international flights growing up. I really enjoyed my last MEM-AMS DC10 run in February.

Unfortunately, I have a DL TUS-SYR-SEA-SYR-TUS mileage run January 5-7. If that falls through, I have an invite for a AA buddy pass F ticket with a tour of Shanghai.

While I would LOVE to see this bird's retirement, I can't turn down China or 12k EQMs towards status next year. Make sure y'all post some trip reports; any other time, I would have been all over this DO.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by slippahs
It's a particularly bad time to be flying in and out of HNL...
That's OK. I'm willing to consider a bump on the outbound.
Old Sep 26, 2006, 11:30 am

Awesome! Persistence pays off. After looking at paying 52,500 miles for a PerkPass award for the past few weeks, I just checked online and was able to snag PerkSaver for the outbound and return for only 35,000 miles!

I'm in!

I'll probably be flying to HNL non-revenue. Because of this, I'll probably aim to arrive a day or two early to make sure I arrive in time for the flight. Any budget-minded people interested in sharing a room or something?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
It's 90 days, which means... seat assignments. I'll be in 22A, unless the kind souls at NW see their way to opping me up.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
It's 90 days, which means... seat assignments. I'll be in 22A, unless the kind souls at NW see their way to opping me up.
I guess I'll join you in 22B, unless I decide to go for F on this leg after all...

For the immediate pre-flight meetup, for a group, I'd suggest hanging out in the Delta CRC. I think the ambiance is better. Check out my review of HNL clubs (in my sig) to read for yourself!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
I guess I'll join you in 22B, unless I decide to go for F on this leg after all...

For the immediate pre-flight meetup, for a group, I'd suggest hanging out in the Delta CRC. I think the ambiance is better. Check out my review of HNL clubs (in my sig) to read for yourself!
I'd still advise those in Y to stop by the NW WC at HNL. You never know what the ladies in the WC could do for you if you ask.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by slippahs
I'd still advise those in Y to stop by the NW WC at HNL. You never know what the ladies in the WC could do for you if you ask.
I'll agree that those are some of the nicest frontline employees that I've ever encountered, but I've never felt they had any power to do what I think you're insinuating. If you'd rather PM me as to what I should ask for, that's fine.

Although, they also might appreciate a couple t-shirts if we make them up.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 1:54 pm

Ain't got no membership, but will happily accept any invitation to either club. And definitely would go for a t-shirt.

OT -- saw 1235 and 1237 next to each other at Minnie yesterday. Gonna miss them birds.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:26 pm

I think we'll be fine with lounge access. There's my membership, rtarbuck has one, MikeMpls and spouse (IIRC) each have one...so I think we should be golden. And I'm not taking any friends along for this ride, so I can import my full compliment of guests.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Yes, between the two of us we can bring in 4 guests.

We are currently in 10F/10G (center-right bulkhead) on the flight, and I'm only 1919 miles short of upgrading.

If anyone staying in Y wants these seats, PM me with how to contact you and I will let you know just before we upgrade.

I think we'll be fine with lounge access. There's my membership, rtarbuck has one, MikeMpls and spouse (IIRC) each have one...so I think we should be golden. And I'm not taking any friends along for this ride, so I can import my full compliment of guests.
Old Oct 12, 2006, 2:40 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I'll be out there on Friday the 5th, DCA-MSP-LAX-HNL staying at the Hyatt Waikiki (Thank you FFN's) On the party flight (NW 98) I'm in 1H so I can bother the FA's for some more of those umbrella drinks ... gotta remember to get myself a D-10 model to have everyone sign when I'm up at the NWA Store in a few weeks...

Oh, yea, I have AMEX Plat, so 2 more guests to the WC are available...

Last edited by thezipper; Oct 12, 2006 at 2:55 pm
Old Oct 12, 2006, 3:07 pm

Yowza. No PerkSaver for F on the HNL-MSP leg and nwa.com wants an extra 57,500 miles above the 35,000 I already paid. I think I'll have to hope for an oversell situation...
Old Oct 13, 2006, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
We are now in F, row 2 middle (2C/2G).
Old Oct 13, 2006, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
We are now in F, row 2 middle (2C/2G).
!!!
PerkPass?!
Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

!!!
PerkPass?!
Yup, had to cough up another 80K miles to get us away from the riff raff back in Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.