DC-10 Retirement DO - HNL 1/7/07

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DC-10 Retirement DO - HNL 1/7/07

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 2:31 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by DanTravels
Heee! WorldClub - but I did make the "Water Closet" remark once during the pre-DO.
Thanks both to you and Mr Zipper for putting my mind at rest. Thank you also for the link to the pictures.

I wonder if we will pay homage to the A330 when that goes. Which of you will push me to the gate in my bathchair?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Post And one closing note...

I mentioned elsewhere that things had been done with photos of the DC-10 retirement.... and since I do now have it in my grubby hands...

Back in late January, I deplaned at DUB, checked my email and found a message from a magazine publisher who'd gotten my email address from someone at NWA. One thing led to another, and one of my shots of N237NW arriving at HNL as NW99 on January 7 is now in print as the lead photo on the article 'Big Doug' Retires from Northwest, pages 62-63 in the March 2007 issue of UK-based AIR International magazine.

FTers have, of course, seen this same photo on NWA's Flickr photostream, but the article contains a couple other photos of interest - N239NW at AMS in the current silver scheme by author Geoff Jones, and a shot by Dave Stern of a 10 at ANC in 1976 Northwest Orient paint - along with a bunch of interesting historical information. ^
Old Mar 28, 2007, 2:39 pm

Nice work getting published, Dan!
Old Mar 29, 2007, 4:34 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Great Work! ^

By the way...I think either 'Airliners' or 'AirWays' magz. will have a story on the DC-10. I am not sure if the issuse will be about NWA. It might be the May issuse.

BondAir
Old Nov 30, 2007, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Flying Museum of Classic Airliners DC-9 Shirt?

Now that all the A330s have been delivered, might the person who made the DC-10 retirement shirts be so kind as to put together a (non-retirement, alas!) "Northwest Flying Museum of Classic Airliners" shirt featuring the DC-9?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I could have sworn that SchmutzigMSP set up the art work for both DC-9 & DC-10 variants of the generic (non-retirement DO) t-shirts & sweatshirts. All that's on CafePress now is the DC-10 stuff.

Schmutzig? Call Schmutzig?

I'm wearing my DC-10 Retirement Sweatshort to FRA (Advents DO) this weekend.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
I could have sworn that SchmutzigMSP set up the art work for both DC-9 & DC-10 variants of the generic (non-retirement DO) t-shirts & sweatshirts. All that's on CafePress now is the DC-10 stuff.

Schmutzig? Call Schmutzig?

I'm wearing my DC-10 Retirement Sweatshort to FRA (Advents DO) this weekend.
I never applied any DC-9 graphics to any apparel. I can see about attempting that in the next couple of days though.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
At least one of the last NW DC-10s lives on. Saw it parked outside San Antonio Aerospace (the maintenance company that does a lot of outsource work for UPS, ATA, and others) @ SAT this morning - NWA colors with an ATA logo slapped on the side near the front doors.....

Nice work on getting published!
Old Dec 2, 2007, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
What was the aircraft registration number?

RC

Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer
At least one of the last NW DC-10s lives on. Saw it parked outside San Antonio Aerospace (the maintenance company that does a lot of outsource work for UPS, ATA, and others) @ SAT this morning - NWA colors with an ATA logo slapped on the side near the front doors.....

Old Dec 3, 2007, 7:50 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
What was the aircraft registration number?

RC
I missed it. 0-dark-thirty & hard to see from the rental car bus the way the airplane was parked. I'll be back at SAT in a couple of weeks. If it's still there, I'll try harder to get the reg number.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by Global_Hi_Flyer

Thanks for explaining the ATA DC-10 I saw at DFW over Thanksgiving weekend.

No ATA logo on the tail, but painted in ATA's white-with-blue-belly livery. It was parked beside a more standard ATA L-1011. I was a little confused because I knew that ATA operates the Lockheeds on (primarily military) charters but I'd never seen an ATA DC-10.
Old May 22, 2009, 12:57 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I was entering the HNL WC the other day and discussing LAS-HNL fares with the male matron. He asked if I was familiar with FT (my tag was not visible). Apparently, he was one of the GAs who worked this flight. He has fond memories of the FT crew who knew more about NW than most of the employees. His coworker was not familiar with FT, but she is now going to check it out.
Old May 22, 2009, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I was entering the HNL WC the other day and discussing LAS-HNL fares with the male matron. He asked if I was familiar with FT (my tag was not visible). Apparently, he was one of the GAs who worked this flight. He has fond memories of the FT crew who knew more about NW than most of the employees. His coworker was not familiar with FT, but she is now going to check it out.
Male matron? That sounds like an oxymoron... do you mean P---- the WC agent? I'm trying to remember whether he was working the gate back then. He may well have been. I know T--- did the pre-pre-board, though. And the only HNL WC agent unfamiliar with FT would have to be the new lady whose name I haven't heard enough times to remember it yet, because K----, K----, A--- and B---- most definitely are familiar with FT, and FTers (to the point that I stop in and they tell me who else they've seen from here lately, and ask after people!)
Old May 25, 2009, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Why am I not surprised that they remember us?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.