Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 dhammer53 Brooklyn Reality Tour takes place May 6, Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by meducate
And so close to the Canarsie section of Brooklyn where some of us grew up that there is an approach to Kennedy named after it...the Canarsie VOR....
That is my favorite approach. I always book the A seat so that I can look out and see Coney Island and Brighton Beach, Kings Plaza, and my boyhood home.

I typed that slightly off-topic response but in doing so, I may add that the above are all stops on the dhammer53 Brooklyn Reality Tour.

If you read the thread last year, towards the end, you may have read that we will stop in Coney Island to ride the Cyclone. This will be before lunch.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Mary2e
Put me down for dinner... I don't need/want to be on a bus listening to Dan talk about the highlights of the exact neighborhood I grew up in

A side note/suggestion. How about dinner in the Mill Basin Deli instead of Spumoni Gardens? The downside is there is no subway service. Meducate might have some contacts there .
Dinner is at Fiorentino's.

It is lunch that is at Spumoni Gardens. @:-)

Speaking of dinner, I don't see my name on the list on mjm's website. (I meant for you to waitlist me for the tour, since I am a prior attendee. I consider myself definite for the dinner!)

Last edited by KathyWdrf; Feb 4, 2006 at 10:39 pm
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Speaking of dinner, I don't see my name on the list on mjm's website. I consider myself definite for the dinner!
same for me
Old Feb 5, 2006, 5:19 am
Commander Catcop

Cfischer... I think if you look at this thread some of us talked about hotel options in NJ>

The Hilton EWR has a 24 hour shuttle which is reliable. You can take the shuttle to Station P4 and at the airport pick up either the bus to Port Authority (many Flyertalkers recommend this option... I only took it once and it was fine) or NJ Transit train to Penn Station NEW YORK.

The HIlton EWR is a pretty good hotel.

YOu can also try options in Jersey CIty (for HH it would be the Doubletree Suites which can get a little pricey.) From Jersey CIty you would take the Path to 33rd Street and change for subway to midtown.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Catman
Cfischer... I think if you look at this thread some of us talked about hotel options in NJ>
Thanks Catman, I did read through the thread with it's varying opinions on staying in NY , I once got burned staying in NJ and just wanted to make sure . If the EWR Hilton is a good option, I am a definite for the tour and the dinner.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 12:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Coupon time!

Buy one, get one free, good through 12/31/06. Makes a great breakfast!

http://www.nathansfamous.com/nathans/coupon.html
Old Feb 5, 2006, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Reminder

To avoid any confusion about lunch/dinner venues, don't listen to the man behind the curtain.

If I type it, then it must be correct.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by dhammer53
To avoid any confusion about lunch/dinner venues, don't listen to the man behind the curtain.

If I type it, then it must be correct.
Post #68 confirms my attendance, but I have yet to see it on your confirmation list. At least mjm got it right on his list, including the seat.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 9:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
OK, Mrs and I are no longer available that weekend, the air fares dropped to BZE and a friend is getting married down there that weekend, so we are taking advantage of the fare wars and going to the wedding.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 12:02 am
mjm
Original Member

KathyWdrf, chrissxb, and cfischer,

Your names are on the dinner page now. As and when I see them in Post 2 I will ad them to the tour page as well. HAve a good time and munch a plate of pasta for me.

Mike
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by mjm
HAve a good time and munch a plate of pasta for me.
Um, how about an arugula salad with lots and lots of raw garlic.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:05 am
Community Director Emerita

Shotgun!

Booked on UA ps service to JFK, arriving at 12:13am Saturday morning. Mark me down for both the tour and dinner.

Is there is public transport at that hour of the morning into the city?

I have no idea where I will be staying.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
...Is there is public transport at that hour of the morning into the city?...
You are talking about New York, aren't you? Of course there's public transpo (with some spot exceptions) altho the headways are considerably longer than they are during normal hours.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Spiff
Repeat after me:

"Do not stay in New Jersey. Do not stay in New Jersey."

"Pay attention to the published train & bus schedules. Pay attention to the published train & bus schedules. Do not listen to your friends saying 'you have time for just one more!' Do not listen to your friends..."
Old Feb 6, 2006, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA1KMM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Punki just booked two free nights at the Waldorf Astoria. These are from the Stay 5, Get 1 Free Promotion" We probably won't find a better deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.