Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 dhammer53 Brooklyn Reality Tour takes place May 6, Saturday

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2006, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
One of my riders cancelled (could not make his MR work) so at this stage, I also have one seat definitely available (and maybe a second) out and back.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by TravelManKen
I'll be heading back to civilization after dinner

TMK,

Talk like this is only tolerated in places like Omni. I can for example arrange for you to spend a little time with a Tony Soprano type (unless of course you retract your statment).

Analise, I'll put you on the waitlist for the tour (if you'd like). But next time you post to this thread, you'll have to prove it's you.

Possible walking tour of Manhattan on Friday

If anyone will be in 'the city' during the day on Friday May 5, and have some time to spare, I'd be happy to do a walking tour of some Manhattan neighborhoods. We can walk Greenwich Village, Soho, Little Italy, Midtown, upper west or eastside, Wall Street. We can decide at another time.
If you're arriving mid-day, you can meet up with us.

We'll finish with enough time so that you'll be able to head over to Catman'sDo for dinner. See this thread for further info http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530691

Dan
Old Mar 28, 2006, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by dhammer53
TMK,

Talk like this is only tolerated in places like Omni. I can for example arrange for you to spend a little time with a Tony Soprano type (unless of course you retract your statment).

Possible walking tour of Manhattan on Friday
If anyone will be in 'the city' during the day on Friday May 5, and have some time to spare, I'd be happy to do a walking tour of some Manhattan neighborhoods.
I know I've only been here less than 90 days, but it didn't take long to learn about the "other" burroughs and New Jersey

P.S.: If the walking tour makes it uptown, I can arrange for a tour of Columbia
Old Mar 28, 2006, 7:01 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I'm arriving JFK at 3:45, and will be wandering around from about 5 until the 8 pm Catman dinner call. Is this too late to get in on part of the walk? I've only been to New York once and spent most of that time on a bus in Brooklyn
Old Mar 28, 2006, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lili
I'm arriving JFK at 3:45, and will be wandering around from about 5 until the 8 pm Catman dinner call....
Oh yeah. Five PM on a weeknight in midtown is fascinating in its sheer vitality as you watch the crowds emerge from the office buildings and start their sprints for home. Just be careful where you stand unless you don't mind getting knocked over by the thundering hordes. And don't expect to be able to get a taxi until about 7. See you at La bonne Soupe.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by monitor
Oh yeah. Five PM on a weeknight in midtown is fascinating in its sheer vitality as you watch the crowds emerge from the office buildings and start their sprints for home. Just be careful where you stand unless you don't mind getting knocked over by the thundering hordes. And don't expect to be able to get a taxi until about 7. See you at La bonne Soupe.
I'm tough. And it's the vitality of the thundering hoards I'm coming to see.

That said, I must admit I was almost trampled while gawking in Union Station last year even though I was pre-warned to keep moving, pick a path, go with the flow, and don't ever come to a full stop.

We Californians have so-oo-o much to learn. And we learn so slo-oo-ow-ly. And walk at that same slow speed

Ahh. Would go back to the beach and in breathe deeply, but it's 45 degrees, raining heavily and I might drown.

La Bonne Soupe or bust.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dhammer53
Analise, I'll put you on the waitlist for the tour (if you'd like). But next time you post to this thread, you'll have to prove it's you.
Will do!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

The waitlist will clear on Thursday so that folks can make their travel plans.

dh
Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:18 am

Programs: AA PLT and that's that!
I was hopiing to make it up at least for dinner but that is my Saturday to work
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Waitlist has started to clear

I just PM'd 2 folks on the waitlist. Their upgrade has cleared.

Post #2, or shall I say milepost #2, has the most up-to-date list of attendees.

The rest of you can standby, as 1 or 2 additional seats may/will become available soon.

dh
Old Apr 7, 2006, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Yippee!!! I'm in!!! I just KNEW my upgrade would clear! It always has on past BRTs.

And I would also be interested in the Dan Hammer Manhattan Walking Tour. That will be something new and different!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Dan, I'll be there for dinner but I've got a bridal shower that day. In fact, I have one on Saturday & Sunday. What is it about the first weekend in May? Both of these brides are July brides too. So please allow someone to take my place on the Tour and I'll meet up with everybody at Fiorentino's. I just hope the F is running....

Please add me to this dinner guest list: http://home.inter.net/mjm/realitytour06d.html

And I'll bring all major forms of identification as per your request....
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Dan - I'm going to dump the husband with his parents probably sometime in the afternoon so if you need something done locally just let me know
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:00 pm

Okay...Officially add me to the waitlist...I have flexible travel plans and would be able to attend if I clear as late as the night before the event!
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stef
...would be able to attend if I clear as late as the night before the event!
Now that's the attitude that I love to see in any FT'er

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.