Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Do 2006 (26-28 May)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by CGK
... the regular RC room which I think it's quite large ...
The Club Room we saw at the RC was a nice size (we saw one with one bed, king IIRC) although not as large as the room I had at the Westin (okay, not as large as either of the bedrooms I had at the Westin ).
Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by oontiveros
I don't want to share at all.
Oliver, be nice....

flamboyant 1, if i'm travelling solo, I'm fine with sharing.

cawhite60156, have you gotten in touch with RC for a better rate? It doesn't seem like they are running low occupancy when we visited them, and if my memory serves me right, they were running around 80% occp, predominately japanese...
Old Jun 23, 2005, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by cawhite60156
I'll probably be coming in a day or two early as well. I hear the Alila Ubud calling my name for at least one night
I might just do so as well. The pics from Alila Ubud is amazing.

And perhaps we should find nice restaurants that allow BYO.... yeah, i hate paying for something that i know I can get for half the price.... Assuming I make it to EZE this year, I'll save a couple of bottles for next year's Bali-Do. Will see what Gaucho100k recommends!
Old Jun 23, 2005, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by ws8n
...cawhite60156, have you gotten in touch with RC for a better rate? It doesn't seem like they are running low occupancy when we visited them, and if my memory serves me right, they were running around 80% occp, predominately japanese...
You're correct on the 80% occupancy for the 2 weeks prior to that weekend, and I believe the week following. I haven't talked with them yet re getting a better rate, although CGK and I have been discussing the rates his contact has for the RC villas. We should discuss...perhaps 6Aug?
Old Jun 23, 2005, 9:14 pm

I might just do so as well. The pics from Alila Ubud is amazing.
I still need to upload all the pictures I took there...I'll send you a link when I get that album uploaded. It was fantastic & I really look forward to going back.

And perhaps we should find nice restaurants that allow BYO.... yeah, i hate paying for something that i know I can get for half the price.... Assuming I make it to EZE this year, I'll save a couple of bottles for next year's Bali-Do. Will see what Gaucho100k recommends!
I'll also be buying some malbec this autumn in EZE which I can bring, although I also have a few bottles of killer Antinori wines which I plan to bring along...they've been waiting to be opened that week

Last edited by cawhite60156; Jun 23, 2005 at 9:16 pm
Old Jun 23, 2005, 9:26 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
You're bringing some nice argentine malbec? OK bump me up to probable maybe.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:38 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
I'll probably be coming in a day or two early as well. I hear the Alila Ubud calling my name for at least one night
Glad to hear your plan. I heard Alila Manggis would be better. See this link:

http://www.alilahotels.com/
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:46 pm
CGK

And perhaps we should find nice restaurants that allow BYO.... yeah, i hate paying for something that i know I can get for half the price....
I will ask around about BYOB restaurant. At Mozaic, we brought some reds, and there was a cork fee. I agree that the price of alcohols is very expensive in Bali because of high rates of import duties. And buying them at DFS Changi at the end it's still cheaper...
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:17 am
CGK

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Wonderful!
Old Jun 24, 2005, 12:23 am
CGK

The Club Room we saw at the RC was a nice size (we saw one with one bed, king IIRC) although not as large as the room I had at the Westin (okay, not as large as either of the bedrooms I had at the Westin ).
Bed hopping for the PLAT Definitely your larger than suite - family studio - at the Westin was bigger than the suite I had stayed at RC long time ago.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by CGK
I will ask around about BYOB restaurant. At Mozaic, we brought some reds, and there was a cork fee. I agree that the price of alcohols is very expensive in Bali because of high rates of import duties. And buying them at DFS Changi at the end it's still cheaper...
If we are going for RC villas, we may want to consider room service... I can' imagine a much nicer ambience elsewhere.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by CGK
Glad to hear your plan. I heard Alila Manggis would be better. See this link:

http://www.alilahotels.com/
I heard that too....possibly from the same little bird? Perhaps a night at each is in order
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:42 am

If we are going for RC villas, we may want to consider room service... I can' imagine a much nicer ambience elsewhere.
What???? You don't want to do a dining experience where they try to seat all of us out on the jetty???
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:28 am

Programs: Virtuoso Travel Advisor. FSPP, Ritz STARS, Rosewood Elite, Belmond BelliniClub. SPG PRO
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer

I can be sure to bring some with me. I will be going back to EZE in March. Just in time to "stock up"
So for now put me plus one down for this fine event. Going to my first Do tomorrow and sure they'll explode on the scene.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.