Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Do 2006 (26-28 May)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:39 am
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by ws8n
I'm not sure how close the villas are between them, but knowing how boisterous our group can be, I have a feeling our neighbours won't be happy with our presence...
In a resort like Aman Group, or FS Sayan, or even Begawan Giri, I would agree that we will be in trouble for loud noise. But as far as I know, there are RC villas that are little bit secluded, especially the ocean front. Perhaps two villas side-by-side will be great choice.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by CGK
And from then onward, you can ask for a special request DAPO2UG2PL to be added to your PNR. (Thanks to StarG for the correct code!)
Ok, can someone explain what DAPO2UG2PL means exactly?

Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Originally Posted by ws8n
Ok, can someone explain what DAPO2UG2PL means exactly?

Hint: from the another thread, the only way CGK can be upgraded as a First Class pax.
DAPO is what reservation agents usually note on the PNR as "Do All Possible"...

Last edited by StarG; Jun 23, 2005 at 11:10 am
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:26 am

Programs: Krisflyer Silver
Originally Posted by CGK
In a resort like Aman Group, or FS Sayan, or even Begawan Giri, I would agree that we will be in trouble for loud noise. But as far as I know, there are RC villas that are little bit secluded, especially the ocean front. Perhaps two villas side-by-side will be great choice.
or we can look for a boutique hotel with only ten rooms.........
Old Jun 23, 2005, 11:48 am
CGK

Originally Posted by Jubilee777
or we can look for a boutique hotel with only ten rooms.........
That's a great idea. Preferably by the beach or ocean view with sunset as a possibility?
Old Jun 23, 2005, 12:01 pm
CGK

This small boutique hotel seems interesting:

www.the-sandiphala.com
Old Jun 23, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I do not like the shower.

Any other villa ideas. Should I ask Amex CTS to search ?

Probably hard to find a villa for two nights only...

BTW, anyone - I must have already met this person is one condition - willing to share the room with me if it will be just regular club rooms or club suites at the RC ?
Old Jun 23, 2005, 1:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, TK Gold, BA Silver, Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
I do not like the shower.

Any other villa ideas. Should I ask Amex CTS to search ?

BTW, anyone - I must have already met this person is one condition - willing to share the room with me if it will be just regular club rooms or club suites at the RC ?
I don't want to share at all.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CGK
Yup.
I am the old man here in the group. Even on vacation, have to be at home after sunset. To serve the need of my SO.
BTW, May 2006 is not a waaay too far ahead. Now, the CR has allowed you to book your travel with Ceri in SQ F for May 2006 already. And from then onward, you can ask for a special request DAPO2UG2PL to be added to your PNR. (Thanks to StarG for the correct code!)
What a colorful post: 12 smilies, three bolded text, one bolded colours. Certainly makes it pleasant to look with the eyes.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by CGK
Last month for the Do, the North America attendee stayed 3 days only...
Ahem...that was 3 1/2 days
Old Jun 23, 2005, 6:02 pm

...Can't we stay from May 25-28 ? Otherwise it makes no sense.
Do whatever dates make the most sense for you. This year (and I would expect the same for next year) we all arrived and departed on the dates that worked best for each of us, "coincidentally" with 6 of us departing on the same flight

Last edited by cawhite60156; Jun 23, 2005 at 6:28 pm
Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:31 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by rejunivated
What a colorful post: 12 smilies, three bolded text, one bolded colours. Certainly makes it pleasant to look with the eyes.
Thank you ... Thank you ... Thank you :-:
I am still young at heart
Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:39 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Ahem...that was 3 1/2 days
Actually it was less than that: 3 days and 8 hours only

Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Do whatever dates make the most sense for you. This year (and I would expect the same for next year) we all arrived and departed on the dates that worked best for each of us, "coincidentally" with 6 of us departing on the same flight
I most probably will do the same like this year, i.e. arrive in Bali early, and I will make sure I will fly out in the party flight Sunday night. May 26 - 28 will be exclusively with all of you. The rest of the stay in Bali will be for my fun and wild part!
Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:48 pm
CGK

As far as I know, Bali in May is not a high season. Thus, two-nights in a villa would be feasible.

Am I qualified? Just kidding ... let's see what will happen near to the Do. I have to see whether my SO or friends and family will have a holiday as well in Bali around the same time next year. But certainly to have a villa to be shared sounds great, or even just the regular RC room which I think it's quite large ...
Old Jun 23, 2005, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
...I most probably will do the same like this year, i.e. arrive in Bali early, and I will make sure I will fly out in the party flight Sunday night. May 26 - 28 will be exclusively with all of you. The rest of the stay in Bali will be for my fun and wild part!
I'll probably be coming in a day or two early as well. I hear the Alila Ubud calling my name for at least one night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.