Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Do 2006 (26-28 May)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ TPP28, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, MB G, Hertz P
Bali Do 2006 (26-28 May)

Good food, beautiful place, great company. What else can one ask for?

After a successful Bali Do 2005, we should now start planning on the 2006 version which should be miles better and more fun!
I know it is a bit early, but a certain royalty who attended Bali Do 2005 has given me the order - so here it goes:

BALI DO 2006
26-28 May 2006

More details to come.

So where is the official hotel? The Ritz Carlton where all the SPG Plats can make peace, or ...?

Please register your interest & flight/hotel details (if you are a very early planner) and I'll try to keep the list updated.

Any suggestions of the where to dine & places you would like to visit during the Bali Do would be much appreciated.

Updated information can be seen at post #2 below.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Arrow The List

@:-) THE ATTENDEES

Click here for the full list.

@:-) THE HOTEL CENTRAL

For Hotel Central information, please see this post by our lovely cawhite.

*** As it is going to be a long weekend due to public holiday here in Indonesia, I urge you to book your hotel rooms sooner than later. The negotiated rates as posted by cawhite are on first-come-first-serve basis, thus they are not guaranteed to be available by the time you decide to book. However, please note the cancellation policies of each hotel & book at your own risk.

@:-) THE PLAN

FRIDAY, 26 MAY 2006

Dinner: 2030 at Mozaic Restaurant, Ubud
http://www.mozaic-bali.com/
Jalan Raya Sanggingan, Ubud 80571
Tel. +62361 975768

Description: Fine dining in a garden in Ubud
Approximate cost of dinner per person: USD 50 + drinks.
Corkage: IDR 75,000++ (approx. USD 8++) per bottle.
Menu: An example of menu (in PDF format) can be found here. :-: Vegetarian menu is available.
Reservation made under: FT BALI 2006.

Due to the restaurant's policy, all guests seated at the same table need to have the same number of courses. More information on the menu link above.

SATURDAY, 27 MAY 2006Sunset, 1730 at Sami-Sami, Ritz Carlton Jimbaran.
http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/bali/dining/venues/sami_sami/default.asp
Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran, Bali 80364
Tel. +62361-702-222
Reservation for 10 pax (first come first serve) made under: FT BALI.

Dinner: 1930 at Ku De Ta, Seminyak
http://www.kudeta.net/
Jalan Laksmana 9, Seminyak, Bali 80361
Tel: (+62) 361 736-969, e-mail: [email protected]

Description: World cuisine by the beach
Approximate cost of dinner per person: USD 40 + drinks.
Corkage: N/A - not allowed
Menu: Ala Carte. Vegetarian menu available.
Reservation made under: FT BALI 2006.

Dinner will be followed by drinks at the bar/beach area.

*** DINNER RESERVATION (IMPORTANT):

- Please confirm your attendance for the dinners on this thread if you have not already done so (post "M" for Mozaic 26MAY, "K" for KuDeTa 27MAY, each followed by the number of people in your party). Example: "M-2, K-2".

- Please post any special requests, like non-seafood, vegetarian, etc. so I can pass it on to the restaurants.

- If you wish to join the Mozaic dinner, we will need a deposit of USD 50/person from you (via PayPal) to guarantee your reservation. This guarantee is a requirement by the restaurant. Please PM cawhite for PayPal information. The deposit must be received at the latest by Thursday, 18 MAY 2006 or you will be taken off the reservation list.

- No deposit is required for KuDeTa. However, as a courtesy, please inform us of your changes as early as possible so we can adjust the reservation accordingly.

Thanks.

*** ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Originally Posted by cawhite
Transportation around Bali...

A few people have inquired recently about transportation around Bali... I had mentioned in a post somewhere in this thread, but rather than try to find it figured it better to just post anew...

You need to arrange for your own car transportation within Bali. The one exception I know of is for those who are staying at the Alila Ubud and coordinated their reservations via CGK -- my understanding is that he has coordinated via the hotel for your pickup from DPS airport to the Alila (but not the rest of the weekend) as this is something they offered to do for us. Beyond that...

Picking up taxis at the airport to get you to your hotel is supposed to be fairly easy. However it seems (from what I am told) that the most common or easiest is to hire a driver for use during your stay, and that way you will also not have to be concerned with calling for a taxi to pick you up from restaurants/clubs/spas/shopping/etc as the driver will be at your call, and you will have a flat daily rate rather than metered or negotiated (each trip) rates. If you do a search under the Asia forum (using "Bali" and "driver" you will find several threads with FT recommendations for drivers, and historical daily rate information). There have been reports there where the drivers frequently used by FTers have been booked but have been able to make recommendations for other drivers. Also, those who are staying at the same property (or neighboring properties) may wish to share transportation for convenience as some posts in this thread have reflected. Your hotels may also be willing to provide recommendations for drivers, or coordinate that for you. There are also other repeat-Bali-visitors going to BaliDo who can answer these questions about arranging for the drivers, etc much better than I can and I'm certain are more than happy to answer if anyone has questions.
Originally Posted by cawhite
Just a reminder on daytime activities...

There is plenty of shopping to be done if that's your "thing", whether it's in Ubud or other smaller villages, or the streets and malls in/around Kuta or elsewhere. There are also some wonderful spas in Bali! Golf. Or relaxing at the pool or beach may be what your interest is. The Asia forum and Trip Reviews on FT can provide some great ideas, as can other boards like baliforum.com.

FWIW, I'm certain that several of us will probably make a trip down to the temple at Uluwatu again on Sunday (late morning/early afternoon?) so if that is of interest to you, please let me know (PM or post to thread). For a description, I'd recommend googling "Uluwatu temple" as I just don't think any description I could come up with would do it justice.

Last edited by StarG; May 3, 2006 at 1:04 am
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Cool I'm in!!!!!

Even if I have to rent a canoe to get there, but I'm in!!!!!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Even if I have to rent a canoe to get there, but I'm in!!!!!
I sincerely hope that won't be necessary, but ^ ^ ^ for the spirit!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:39 am

Even if I have to rent a canoe to get there
Better get started soon-ish then..

Oh, by the way, I guess that means I'm in too ^
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by shortfinals
Better get started soon-ish then..

Oh, by the way, I guess that means I'm in too ^
Oh, so you're volunteering to help paddle?! I guess they say half the adventure is getting there
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:49 am

Oh, so you're volunteering to help paddle?!
As long as we're going transpac. I know you have a thing for europe, but going transatlantic also means we gotta go past the suez canal and parts of the gulf. At least transpac if i get bored I can bail on you and get off in Maui or something
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by shortfinals
As long as we're going transpac. I know you have a thing for europe, but going transatlantic also means we gotta go past the suez canal and parts of the gulf. At least transpac if i get bored I can bail on you and get off in Maui or something
No no, you've got it backwards. Transpac is better than transatl in mybook. Of course there's also more sharks if going transpac...

Last edited by cawhite60156; Jun 21, 2005 at 12:32 pm
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:28 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
As long as my daddy okay with this, I will be there ...
Unfortunately, no A380 yet but perhaps B773-LR will take me accross the pacific? Or else, SQ LAX-SYD-SIN-CGK ^ Cross my fingers ...
Old Jun 21, 2005, 12:30 pm

BaliDo2005 was a fantastic weekend and BaliDo2006 is going to be even better! For anyone who hasn't seen them yet and is interested, from BaliDo2005, here are photos (in order of posting in the 2005 thread - I think I found all those posted so far, please let me know if I missed any)

shortfinals' BaliDo2005 Pictures

ws8n's BaliDo2005 Pictures

cawhite's BaliDo2005 Pictures

CGK's BaliDo2005 Pictures

Jubilee777's BaliDo2005 Pictures

Last edited by cawhite60156; Jun 21, 2005 at 1:10 pm
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Will there be more arm-twisting tales next year?

I suppose I will be there....hopefully much more awake this time.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:05 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'm a maybe.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'm a maybe.
<subliminal messaging on> birthday cake, birthday cake, birthday cake <subliminal messaging still on>
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
As I posted on the other thread, schedules not too great for a quick trip.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:43 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
If I have time I am in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.