Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bali Do 2006 (26-28 May)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CGK
Anyone staying at Hotel SKL after the party flight SQ147 Sunday?
That's my plan. I may stay there until I depart SIN on the 2nd.
Old May 4, 2006, 10:09 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by zvezda
That's my plan. I may stay there until I depart SIN on the 2nd.
How many nights will you stay there? So presumably during the day you will fly somewhere and back to Changi in the evening? Must be a record for 5 nights in a row staying at Hotel SKL. My max was 2 nights in a row.
Old May 4, 2006, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by CGK
How many nights will you stay there? So presumably during the day you will fly somewhere and back to Changi in the evening? Must be a record for 5 nights in a row staying at Hotel SKL. My max was 2 nights in a row.
I'm thinking of doing 3 KUL runs over the 5 days. Will SQ in KUL issue me the return SIN-KUL boarding pass 48 hours in advance?
Old May 4, 2006, 11:40 pm
CGK

Originally Posted by zvezda
I'm thinking of doing 3 KUL runs over the 5 days. Will SQ in KUL issue me the return SIN-KUL boarding pass 48 hours in advance?
3 runs per day? Which FFP are you aiming? Just curious.
Not so sure about the 48 hours BP isuance from KUL. I think the 48 hours advance BP issuance is only for check-in at Changi.
Old May 5, 2006, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by CGK
3 runs per day? Which FFP are you aiming?
No, 3 runs total. One RT on each of the 29th, 31st, and 2nd. I'll be crediting the miles to BD. 1950 per OW, given my existing status. 11700 for 3 RTs. Not a lot of miles for about $1000, but it would keep me in room and board (with Internet) at the Hotel SKL. It's not a definite plan yet. There are advantages to a real hotel room.
Old May 6, 2006, 10:39 am
CGK

Less than 3 weeks to go.
Old May 6, 2006, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CGK
Less than 3 weeks to go.
So this means you'll finally be off the ground.
Old May 7, 2006, 7:07 am
CGK

Anyone will be around in the morning 6am-8am Thursday 25th of May or in the afternoon 2pm-3pm Thursday 25th of May at SKL SIN? I need help for inviting an FTer to SKL, because SilkAir C class pax without SQ status would not be able to use SKL, right? TIA.
Old May 7, 2006, 7:06 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
i will be there on 23 already

i will write an update on the weather etc. after i arrived at my hotel.

dp
Old May 7, 2006, 9:52 pm
CGK

Hi dp, I just looked at the dinner list, are you going to join at Mosaic and KuDeTa, or only the later. Just want to reconfirm with you. We know that "no coriander/cilantro" for you.
Old May 8, 2006, 6:27 am
das

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Anyone up for doing a cycling tour on Saturday? I was hoping to do a mountain trek but seems like they start early in the morning (like at 2am) and I need my sleep. ;-)

Here's one I found randomly on the web, but there seem to be others. If there is enough interest perhaps the Conrad could organise a private guide for us as a group.

http://www.baliadventuretours.com/BA...in_Cycling.htm

Also...I think we need to figure out gifts for the crew on the party flight (at least the outbound)! Not sure if this is culturally acceptable, but I think it would be sorta cool to show the SIA F/As how much we appreciate their world class service. Any ideas on gifts that would be appreciated? Or am I just being silly?
Old May 8, 2006, 11:09 am

Programs: SK*G
Hi guys.

I'm still on the fence wrt taking the time and money to go to Bali for the do. Sorry about the going dark part (haven't been to the forum for ages now) but finishing up on my thesis and buying a flat in Oslo has taken some effort lately. However, I'm still hoping to be able to make it and I've initiated an investigation into award availability (unfortunately involving a long-haul TG segment, albeit new style business).

As this will be a last minute decision based on how the thesis progresses I would be very grateful if one of you could tell me when the latest date to confirm/bail out would be. I would arrive firday afternoon/leave sunday and would like to participate in all the dinners and stuff.

Hoping to make it!
Old May 8, 2006, 11:58 am

Congratulations on finishing your thesis, guttorm. I hope you'll be able to make it. Good way to transition to a working life.
Old May 8, 2006, 7:41 pm
CGK

Yeah, echoing jjpb3 advice, do a transition, and joining us at Bali. Then, you can go shopping as well for the interior stuff of your new apartment. Well, I should say we keep one seat just for you, Guttorm, if you happen to be able to join last minute.
Old May 8, 2006, 9:18 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
Originally Posted by das

Also...I think we need to figure out gifts for the crew on the party flight (at least the outbound)! Not sure if this is culturally acceptable, but I think it would be sorta cool to show the SIA F/As how much we appreciate their world class service. Any ideas on gifts that would be appreciated? Or am I just being silly?

thats a very good idea, and i will look if i can find anything from japan to bring .

btw. if anybody needs anything from japan, pm me, i will be in NRT before leaving to DPS.

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.