Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN Run 2006

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2005, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Put me as a maybe for side trip, but only have the Saturday available.
Old May 17, 2005, 12:39 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Best way to get visas from USA

Originally Posted by izzik
I like your idea of Borneo -- eastern Malaysia sounds exciting and very different than urban Singapore. There's still a ways until Jan 2006.. so I'm hoping to tally a list of ppl who are interested in sidetripping.. then narrow down the choices based on mutual interests, etc.

I suggest you get your visa(s) through Zierer Visa service. It is well worth the extra you pay and they will do it almost overnight (for huge fee) if you need it quickly.
www.zvs.com

Last edited by dedehans; May 17, 2005 at 4:13 pm
Old May 19, 2005, 9:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
J: The additional factor has made travel planning interesting.
If she doesn't use the certs, we'll talk.
Old May 19, 2005, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Count us interested.

Is someone posting good fares? When does UA start letting us use our 2006 upgrades?
Old May 20, 2005, 5:54 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I am in.....arriving on 12 January pm, staying at Ritz Carlton Millennia....returning home late late pm on the 16th.....

Anyone else at the RC?
Old May 20, 2005, 6:38 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Yes, I will be staying there. What room category and rate did you book ?
Old May 20, 2005, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
Yes, I will be staying there. What room category and rate did you book ?
I will pm you...
Old May 20, 2005, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Punki
When does UA start letting us use our 2006 upgrades?
If last year can be used as a planning "tool".....then you should get 4 of them deposited as early as October-ish, which would then be "usable"...

Best wishes, Dave
Old Jun 5, 2005, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Is it wrong to take the longest flight in the world, perhaps circumnavigating the globe (if the winds a right) for just two days?

Having just returned from a two-day stopover in Singapore, which I found as thoroughly charming as I did on my first visit six months ago, longing for more flights on SQ (even though I'm not a KrisFlyer but a DL SkyMiles member), and wanting to get to know more FT SQ hands (met some very nice folks at Bali Do but didn't have enough time to get to know 'em), that's exactly what I'm considering. Only have to take one day off work, the Friday. Connect from ATL to EWR on Thursday evening, then take SQ 21, which would put me in SIN on Saturday morning. Have that full day, all day Sunday, and a liesurely Monday morning before SQ 22 takes me back to the States on MLK Day. Assuming he's still living there (hopefully he'll be Stateside), Mr. Megatop will fly down from BKK. For accommodations, toss-up between FS and RC-- liked them both, would opt for the better rate--though we might try the Fullerton.

So put me and Mr. Megatop on the list as definite maybes. If anyone spots good fares on SQ 21/22 with no minimum stay, give me a shout!

Last edited by MegatopLover; Jun 5, 2005 at 7:25 pm
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:48 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Yes, Yes, and Yes

I can't wait... I love SIN-Dooooo!

pool team, pool team!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Yes, Yes, and Yes

I can't wait... I love SIN-Dooooo!

pool team, pool team!
^ We're only one shy of an Original Pool Team reunion!!! ^
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Having never SINned before Jerrie and I are in.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 7:40 pm

Arrow Paging SPGs to the SINDo2006 Courtesy Phone...

While there isn’t a “hotel central” for SIN Do, each of the majors does a pretty good draw of FTers for the weekend. Several FTers stayed at the Sheraton SIN (currently SPG’s only option in Singapore) during SIN Do 2005. A few of us were talking recently that if we have a similar number (or more) for 2006, there’s a pretty good chance we could work out group rates for those wanting to stay at the Sheraton (particularly since we’ve seen considerably better rates for this property than are currently available for the weekend of SIN Do 2006). I’m more than happy to do the legwork and see what we can work out with the Sheraton for rates the weekend of SIN Do 2006.

If you’re considering staying at the Sheraton, please send me a PM with the following: which nights you’d likely be at the Sheraton (Fri/Sat/Sun/others), which (if any) would be award vs paid nights, and your SPG status. At this point I only want to hear from those who are very likely to stay at the Sheraton whether we have group rates or not. If we can work out a rate, it will be extended to any SIN Doer who is interested, but for now I’m trying to figure a realistic starting minimum number of rooms for the weekend. Any other questions, feel free to drop me a PM.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Cheryl - great idea, but how do you want to handle folks like me that will only pay for the room if the price is right, otherwise I'd go with an award?

Last edited by GoingAway; Jun 6, 2005 at 7:52 pm
Old Jun 6, 2005, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Cheryl - great idea but how do you want to handle folks like me that will pay for the room based on the price otherwise I'd go with an award?
Let me know both ways -- if the rate is "right" how many paid vs award nights would you have, vs at the current rate how you'd be willing to book it. Also, let me know what rate/night would make a difference for you in paid vs award nights.

Last edited by cawhite60156; Jun 6, 2005 at 7:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.