SIN Run 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN Run 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2006, 12:44 am

Programs: SQ PPS, DL Gold Medallion
SIN Run 2006 is over, and it is raining again in Singapore.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Originally Posted by CGK
Well, as belle said, dinner served and I was on FT and YM. Do I have a life? So, I guess other pax would not mind on-line chatting, but all those flashes for pics? Who knows....
Four scoops of ice cream as desert last night...
But Fauchon is still the best
Some pictures plz....we need it for our SIN-Do CSI files...

It's raining now....
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:29 am

Programs: UA1KMM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Many, many thanks to mjm, all the participants in the SIN Run, and especially to those of you who helped us plan our SIN/KUL/SIN trip. Punki and I are now hanging out in the MF first-class lounge and it is superb. We had an amazing lunch with rice, fish curry, veggies and lots of other goodies. The only down side is that we had to share our lunch with some tiny little fruit flies.

Interestingly enough, we did not purchase one bite of food on our entire trip to Malaysia. We had brunch yesterday in the Singapore first-class lounge in SIN, had a salad on the plane, and then ended up eating the most scrumptuous food in the KL Sentral Hilton lounge last night. Yum! The KUL Hilton is really pretty impressive. We had a very nice, upscale, trendy suite and will definitely go back.

Today we had our breakfast in the Hilton lounge, and just finished our very late lunch in the MF lounge.

Now it is time to go out to the gate and catch our plane back to SIN where we will spend the night at the Le Meridian.

We are looking forward to our next trip back to SE Asia.

Joe
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Hunki
Interestingly enough, we did not purchase one bite of food on our entire trip to Malaysia. We had brunch yesterday in the Singapore first-class lounge in SIN, had a salad on the plane, and then ended up eating the most scrumptuous food in the KL Sentral Hilton lounge last night. Yum! The KUL Hilton is really pretty impressive. We had a very nice, upscale, trendy suite and will definitely go back.

Today we had our breakfast in the Hilton lounge, and just finished our very late lunch in the MF lounge.

Joe
Punki, you visited a country that has delicious, inexpensive food, and you chose to eat free lounge and airplane food instead?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Morrissey
You chose to eat free lounge and airplane food instead?
To each,,,,,,their own......YMMV
While I may or may not have chosen to do it differently, it certainly appears to me from Hunki's post that they enjoyed themselves......That what it "ought" to be about!
Best wishes, Dave
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:44 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Hunki
Many, many thanks to mjm, all the participants in the SIN Run, and especially to those of you who helped us plan our SIN/KUL/SIN trip. Punki and I are now hanging out in the MF first-class lounge and it is superb. We had an amazing lunch with rice, fish curry, veggies and lots of other goodies. The only down side is that we had to share our lunch with some tiny little fruit flies.

[...] Joe
Well, looks like we have a clear winner in this year's Write Like Punki Contest.® ^
Old Jan 17, 2006, 1:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Wow.

Originally Posted by Morrissey
Punki, you visited a country that has delicious, inexpensive food, and you chose to eat free lounge and airplane food instead?
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:10 pm

Programs: Presto
Thanks mjm, and well done on getting us all in, fed, and out so easily (for us that is). ^
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:36 pm
mjm
Original Member
Original Poster

Well after all is said and done that is still one of my favorite experiences of the year. All of you, and I do mean all of you, make it the easiest thing to do for which I have ever received credit. In fact the credit goes to each of you for getting there, handling the currency, jet lag, etc. There is zero babysitting involved. I feel very comfortable going to each table and waving the growing wad of cash to see if anyone else needs to pony up for dinner. To a person, people paid and the bill was settled very comfortably.

Great company again this year. Always nice to see people I see far too infrequently and this year as with last, I had the chance to meet many others for the first time.

I always regret that the next SIN Run is a year away, but a quick look at the FT calendar of events tells me I could be going to an event hosted somewhere in the FT universe every couple of weeks if not more frequently. I think I may just do so in fact.

So, a very big thank you to all of you for coming and joining in a fun way to start the year. I look forward to catching up with you as the year wears on, and I will now start looking forward to planning the fifth anniversary event of this particular dinner party for next year.

All the best,

Mike
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:33 am

Programs: UA1KMM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Thanks mjm for hosting such a great party. We are in the NRT RCC and have discovered that the wireless works just fine inside the computer room, but not outside. After getting kicked off four times, we have had a consistent connection for over 45 minutes, until I decided to post to FlyerTalk. It then kicked out the post.

Attempt #2:

Punki is actually typing this as I dictate it to her. She can type faster than I can talk, but it is my post. After 35 years its nice to know we are still in sync.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:45 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by ws8n
Some pictures plz....we need it for our SIN-Do CSI files...

It's raining now....
Glad you arrranged such a nice weekend weatherwise for all of us Sin Doers...Nice job W.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:48 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by MovieMan
SIN Run 2006 is over, and it is raining again in Singapore.

I'm sure that we had great weather because the Chicago contingent brought it with them.
It was great to meet you MovieMan, if only for a short time. When you get back to the midwest let us know.
BG
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:53 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Here's a few (I was too busy eating to take photos) candids from the dinner in Geylang.

Great pictures, FlyinHawaiian. I'm suprised that I didn't break your camera.
BG
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA,UA,HH,Marriott
I'd like to add my thanks to Mike for making the gathering not only possible, but seemingly effortless. What a crowd! It was a great experience for us, and we wish we could have met more of you.
We also thank you for all the pictures.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Thank you, Mike, for arranging such a wonderful evening.....it was lovely to meet you and a few others, see old friends again. I am sorry I couldn't spend more time with everyone.

I do hope to see you at another FT Do very soon....

The pictures are great and much appreciation to all of you who brought cameras and posted so quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.