SIN Run 2006

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN Run 2006

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
I have a reservation at the Sheraton Singapore Towers for 1/13-15 that i won't be needing. If anyone is interested please let me know before I cancel. Last time I checked the only thing available was towers suites and what I think are cabana rooms.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by kluau88
I have a reservation at the Sheraton Singapore Towers for 1/13-15 that i won't be needing. If anyone is interested please let me know before I cancel. Last time I checked the only thing available was towers suites and what I think are cabana rooms.
It looks like there are still some regular rooms left for the weekend
Old Jan 9, 2006, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA,UA,HH,Marriott
Hi...We'll be at the Ritz-Carlton from the 12th-14th. We're arriving at 1:30am (Yawn!) on the 12th, and leaving at 5:40 pm (I think) on the 15th. ...But we're on the left coast.
From the funky little map I have, it looks as if the Conrad is walking distance. Is it REALLY?

Originally Posted by dedehans
I am stilll at the Ritz Carlton Millenia (and all those excellent Dale Chilouly sculptures...) arriving evening of January 12 and coming home on the 15th......see some of you at the Conrad at 6pm on the 14th for drinks and the rest at dinner that night....
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:06 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by Jaybee
Hi...We'll be at the Ritz-Carlton from the 12th-14th. We're arriving at 1:30am (Yawn!) on the 12th, and leaving at 5:40 pm (I think) on the 15th. ...But we're on the left coast.
From the funky little map I have, it looks as if the Conrad is walking distance. Is it REALLY?
It will take less than 5 minutes to walk from the RC to the Conrad.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Here is my itinerary...

UA 1579 Departs PHX WED 11 JAN 6:15A Arrives SFO WED 11 JAN 7:21A 1C
I will first go to the Intl RCC when it opens at 8am, and then to the SQ lounge when it opens at 9am.
UA 837 Departs SFO WED 11 JAN 11:30A Arrives NRT THU 12 JAN 3:25P 16A
I will first go to the RCC to take a shower and then to the SQ lounge.

I will be carrying a big black backpack with a yellow FT tag, here is my pic. The upgrade for SFO-NRT cleared this morning but the other 3 segments look bad. I guess that is good news for UA.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 3:56 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I'll be at the NRT RCC a little after 4 p.m. (hopefully) on 12 Jan. Hope to see you there or over at the SQ lounge. I have a yellow FT tag on my backpack as well.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Originally Posted by Jaybee
Jean...yes, the RC Millenia is within easy walking distance of the Conrad, unless you are wearing 4 inch Manolos......

I should be there by 8pm on the 12th (KE from ICN/SIN willing...) Please email me (Please DON'T pm me).....I am planning to have a glass of wine or a cup of coffee with Monitor and Franny shortly after I arrive so it would be nice to meet you too! Perhaps you all might wish to contact one another prior to my arrival? I know the Monitors and they are fab company! They are staying at the Marriott....

I am readying myself for the 43 hour trip ahead of me starting 1000EST tomorrow....
Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:30 pm
mjm
Original Member
Original Poster

Updates done. Anyone else?

Work, next time. (Maybe at NRT again)

Gene, noted, and we will all keep you company.

Dude, Consider that head counted.

MAN, Itin. updated.

Falco, Bon Voyage.

Mike

Last edited by mjm; Jan 9, 2006 at 6:56 pm
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I guess I will miss everyone. I arrive in SIN on 1/15 (actually 1/16). Depart afternoon of 1/16 for KUL on SQ in F. Return on Friday on MH in F. Looking forward to the lounges.

Will do some luxury bed runs in KUL.

Flying into SIN on NW. Anyone know why the NW flights are full to/from SIN? All the FlyerTalkers?
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:48 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I will first go to the Intl RCC when it opens at 8am, and then to the SQ lounge when it opens at 9am. I will first go to the RCC to take a shower and then to the SQ lounge.

I will be carrying a big black backpack with a yellow FT tag, here is my pic. The upgrade for SFO-NRT cleared this morning but the other 3 segments look bad. I guess that is good news for UA.
Assuming I can get my act together I'll see you in the SQ SKL Don't think I'll stop by the RCC.

EdisonCarter is arriving on Wednesday morning in SFO and is on your flight to NRT. I'm on UA 869 SFO-HKG, connecting onto UA 895 HKG-SIN.

Last edited by kluau88; Jan 9, 2006 at 7:53 pm
Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA,UA,HH,Marriott
dedehans...Thanks for the help. I sent you an email. 4 inch Manolos? I would break a leg for sure. I get altitude sickness when I'm on the ground. LOL!
I would love to meet Monitor & Franny, too, but I don't know how to contact them. I got so excited, I checked into Singapore A/L today, and screwed it up so bad. I changed Philip's seat, but I couldn't go back and change mine. Now we have to wait 'til we get to the airport, and hope we can sit together. Life is just one challenge after another.... (for me, at least)

Jean...yes, the RC Millenia is within easy walking distance of the Conrad, unless you are wearing 4 inch Manolos......

I should be there by 8pm on the 12th (KE from ICN/SIN willing...) Please email me (Please DON'T pm me).....I am planning to have a glass of wine or a cup of coffee with Monitor and Franny shortly after I arrive so it would be nice to meet you too! Perhaps you all might wish to contact one another prior to my arrival? I know the Monitors and they are fab company! They are staying at the Marriott....

I am readying myself for the 43 hour trip ahead of me starting 1000EST tomorrow....
Old Jan 9, 2006, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold

hmm...those names do sound familiar....EZE anyone?

C u all at SIN-Do!
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Hunki
Punki and I will be on the same flight, restlessinRNO , and will hook up with you in the RCC.

Unfortunately, we are still waitlisted for business on all of our flights and the NRT/SIN leg isn't looking too good right now. First is wide open so there is a chance that maybe some business seats will open up when folks start getting upgraded into first or, we may have our first experience at international coach.
Looking forward to meeting you both at the NRT RCC. I will say a prayer for your upgrades. Hopefully at least the SEA-NRT segment has now cleared. I only make one transpacific flight a year. Is C and Y always this full on UA?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Getting ready to depart at SFO for my overnight ORD trip, where I'll meet up with Magic111 in the a.m for our Narita flight. See everyone starting Friday night
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:44 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Well, now that I'm here in Singapore, but far from settled, I've realized that the constraints on my time have already started, and how.

So, I'm going to have to drop off the list for at least:

Friday night munch
Saturday night dinner

as I have definite commitments for those times.

I'm going to try to make the stuff on Sunday, but there's a good possibility I will be swamped with work by then. I thought things would start off a little slower, but, well, no. I guess this drops me from a "confirmed" to a "maybe" for Sunday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.