Community
Wiki Posts
Search

November Venice Meet: II

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:45 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I just bought a pair of darling black knee-high rubber boots. I'm all set!!!!!
Well, la, de da, I just bought a pair of rubber boots with all kinds of crazy prints and pinks (designed by Pucci). Just hope I have the courage to wear them. It is so not me. Let us pray that the water in VCE stays low and I can just wear my regular, wonderful Taryn Rose shoes.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 6:51 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I just bought a pair of darling black knee-high rubber boots. I'm all set!!!!!
Good for you! Due to the luggage weight restrictions, I have to leave boots, galoshes, two other pairs of shoes, plus a few sweaters behind. I'll just have to use grocery bags to cover my feet if it there really is going to be flooding in Venice.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by belle3388
Good for you! Due to the luggage weight restrictions, I have to leave boots, galoshes, two other pairs of shoes, plus a few sweaters behind. I'll just have to use grocery bags to cover my feet if it there really is going to be flooding in Venice.
Belle, the weight restrictions do not apply to clothing you are wearing, so dress warmly on the flight and be sure to have your galoshes on!

Dovster, who is 1 hour away from starting his odyssey to Venice and had better start getting dressed.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:19 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by dedehans
All flights arrive in the same terminal. You could meet each other after going through customs. Also, baggage can take a long time to come off the plane, so be prepared for a bit of a wait.

this was posted by O2K on other thread.....sounds like a smart idea...do we all agree?
Do we all have the yellow FT tags????
Now is the time to have those hansome Cholula bottle dangling earrings.....
Ciao tutti
dede
We have two of the yellow FT tags, I guess my sister could wear them as earrings .... I'm holding out for a Cholula t-shirt and meeting after customs sounds fine.

Looks like Punki, Hunki, Joanne and I are on the same flight. (you can call us Junki and Funki. Munki, er, Michael, is arriving by train. ) Are you guys checking bags? We're undecided, but with 3 flights in Y it seems like a good idea.

Last edited by lili; Nov 3, 2004 at 7:35 pm
Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Cholula, Canarsie --

How long should we keep this up? I mean, at some point, we have to let the others know that it is all a joke and there is no Meet in Venice.

My God, some of them even believe that there really is a Hotel Ai Mori or such things as water busses and water taxis!

Dov

(Gee, I hope I got this "PM to multiple receipients" thing right.)
Old Nov 3, 2004, 7:39 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Dovster
Cholula, Canarsie --

How long should we keep this up? I mean, at some point, we have to let the others know that it is all a joke and there is no Meet in Venice.
The joke's on you, Dovster. Seven or eight of us are having a Meet in the bar at the VCE arrivals hall. And there is my family's pre-Thanksgiving mini-meet which is cleverly planned to keep us from being responsible, or even awake, for Thanksgiving Dinner. Sorry you'll be at Denny's alone.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by lili-dui
Looks like Punki, Hunki, Joanne and I are on the same flight. (you can call us Junki and Funki. Munki, er, Michael, is arriving by train. )

Time to change your handle again!!! Funki is priceless. However, I have no idea whether it fits you, not having met you yet.

I'm rehearsing it now. "Junki, Funki, and Munki. Junki, Funki, and Munki. Junki, Funki, and Munki." (Gotta try to remember those handles.)
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:20 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf

Time to change your handle again!!! Funki is priceless. However, I have no idea whether it fits you, not having met you yet.

I'm rehearsing it now. "Junki, Funki, and Munki. Junki, Funki, and Munki. Junki, Funki, and Munki." (Gotta try to remember those handles.)
It fits. Since my name is Patricia perhaps it should be Pfunki.

What I want to see is a Motoscafi pilot holding a sign that says "Punki, Hunki, Junki and Funki"
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I love blaspheming Dovster when he is traveling....

Dovster, who is 1 hour away from starting his odyssey to Venice and had better start getting dressed.
platbrownguy...proof positive that I'm not the only one who posts nude on FT....

Cholula, Canarsie --
How long should we keep this up? I mean, at some point, we have to let the others know that it is all a joke and there is no Meet in Venice
The truth of the matter here is that the first DL Meet....in PBI/FLL...started as a meet between Dovster and me and bloomed to the excellent time we all had together.
This VCE Meet was similar in nature. I told Dovster I wanted to fly over to TLV and meet with him this Fall. He again suggested we expand it to the group and, in fact, change countries.
Now, I'm not paranoid...except for the black helicopters that hover over my house 24/7 ...but everytime I plan to meet with Dovster, he suggests we include a group and invite as many women as possible.
All I'm really trying to do is restore the spark he and I first felt when we spent that looooong weekend in Dar es Salaam a few years ago.....
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Oh dear, please don't make fun of Hunki's handle. Poor Hunki was polarized and unable to post for years, for lack of a handle. Fortunately, our dear, wise and wonderful friend, dgolds, solved his dilemna at an FT dinner by offering him a choice: Hunki or Spunki. He chose Hunki--and that was even before he got all buffed up.

Peregrine, who was also un-named, and with us, at the time wondered if he would have to be called Flunkie. I really like Peregrine a lot better.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Should Dovster be re-named Dunki?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
....more importantly, will there be anyone at the Meet called.... Drunki???

I could call myself Kunki, but that doesn't mean anything -- in English anyhow.

Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:27 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I could call myself Kunki, but that doesn't mean anything -- in English anyhow.
No — I think that idea is fairly Klunki...
Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
KathyWdrf writes:

Does this mean that some of my most favorite., smartest and funniest FT children are secretly attending?
Old Nov 3, 2004, 9:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
You can pretty much guarantee that there will be several of us vying for that nickname.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.