Search

November Venice Meet: II

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2005, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveller
Wow, same # of posts as my age.
Strange, dedehans and Dov have the same number of posts as their ages too.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Wow, same # of posts as my age.
I had no idea you were anywhere near that old!

Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by indufan
I may have to get the mattress police after you. It's PowerPosters™. I didn't realize that this distinguished title was just for the Delta forum.
My bad.
Since I haven't been inducted into the Society of Power Posters, I wasn't exactly certain of the color scheme.
The title of Power Poster™ was given to you by someone in the Delta Forum. We need to go back and find out what thread it was from and who made the post.
I think the title is meant for the Delta Forum.
Once you wander out of that Forum, you're a FlyerTalk Grunt™ like the rest of us.....
Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:08 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Update on Osteria Bea Vita

Upon entering Osteria Bea Vita (site of the Venice Meet official dinner), I was welcomed with hugs by the sweet staff. Indeed, they all greeted me by my first name! The restaurant appears to be thriving; deservedly so. Tables outside by the canal were filled with very satisfied patrons. The food remains delicious. The owners have promised to name a dish after me.
They all send their regards to the "Flayertalkers."
Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Upon entering Osteria Bea Vita (site of the Venice Meet official dinner), I was welcomed with hugs by the sweet staff. Indeed, they all greeted me by my first name!
I hope Mr. Canarsie doesn't go there.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 2:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
They all send their regards to the "Flayertalkers."

I'd forgotten about that.
They had us confused with the other famous Internet BB:

FlayerTalk: The Internet Site For Frequent-Flying Sadists.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
"Flayertalk" is the correct Italian spelling.... phonetically speaking, that is. @:-)

"Flyertalk" would be pronounced "flea-er talk" (or "flee-er talk," if you will) in Italian.
Old Jun 25, 2005, 4:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I hope Mr. Canarsie doesn't go there.
Why not?

I thoroughly enjoyed Osteria Bea Vita! They have the best seafood risotto I have ever eaten, and the rest of their food is excellent as well!

So why do you hope that I do not go there, Ms. ... uh ... what was your name again?!?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 10:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
... The Hotel Ai Mori was very very busy. Apparently, the cognessenti have caught on to this place.
Another illusion shattered. I though we WERE the cognoscenti. Damn!

(The Ai Mori is possibly my all time favorite hotel for overall experience and ambiance. Oberoi Bangalore is in second place, Haye-Adams in Washington coming in third. This has nothing to do with amenties, facilites, staff. Just my feeling about the particular time I was there and the experience I had.)

~Pat
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL PM MM
o2K ,I would love to hear about the wedding. Did you take any pictures you could post? Were you able to make it back to Fortuny?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lili-dui
The Ai Mori is possibly my all time favorite hotel for overall experience and ambiance.... This has nothing to do with amenties, facilites, staff....
Then it has to be the company! ^

Actually I enjoyed it so much, am going back with me a couple of bestest friends (Venice virgins) in October!
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:00 pm

Am returning to Ai Mori in one week. Marco Musco still asks that anyone considering his hotel, please say that you are an FT Member and he will give you a great rate and to contact him directly. He expressed that he will always be grateful to FT for putting his sweet 4* hotel on the Venetian map. His hotel has turned out to be quite successful. Moreover, he e-mailed me recently that his area has become more and more popular, with more wine bars and trattorias opening on the Misercordia.
http://moridoriente.hotelinvenice.com/
Attention: Marco Musco
Re: Flyertalk
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I wonder if we should have a place where members can list their favorite, non-chain, hotels -- especially if special arrangements have been made for F/Ters.

O2K's info will not be overly helpful if posted just in this thread. Most of those who will read it already are familiar with the Ai Mori. My hotel in Tel Aviv, the Adiv, is known to those who posted on the TLV Meet thread but won't be found by anyone looking elsewhere on F/T.
Old Nov 10, 2005, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
I wonder if we should have a place where members can list their favorite, non-chain, hotels -- especially if special arrangements have been made for F/Ters.

O2K's info will not be overly helpful if posted just in this thread. Most of those who will read it already are familiar with the Ai Mori. My hotel in Tel Aviv, the Adiv, is known to those who posted on the TLV Meet thread but won't be found by anyone looking elsewhere on F/T.
Perhaps, another topic to explore by the TalkBoard.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:39 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Am returning to Ai Mori in one week. Marco Musco still asks that anyone considering his hotel, please say that you are an FT Member and he will give you a great rate and to contact him directly. He expressed that he will always be grateful to FT for putting his sweet 4* hotel on the Venetian map. His hotel has turned out to be quite successful. Moreover, he e-mailed me recently that his area has become more and more popular, with more wine bars and trattorias opening on the Misercordia.
http://moridoriente.hotelinvenice.com/
Attention: Marco Musco
Re: Flyertalk
Marco deserves the kudos. The hotel is lovely, and if it remains affordable our family will always stay there. In fact, the Ai Mori would be a reason for us to revisit Venice. Again. and again.

I'm not sure the rest of the message is something I want to hear. The area was already perfect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.