PDX - Oregon Brewers Festival 07/23-25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX - Oregon Brewers Festival 07/23-25

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2004, 9:46 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Would someone please get me a beer mug?

Thank you!
Old Jul 23, 2004, 9:59 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Spiff
Would someone please get me a beer mug?

Thank you!

You got it
Old Jul 23, 2004, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Could someone get me a beer?
Old Jul 23, 2004, 6:57 pm

Africa Hot

currently 102 degrees in Portland
Old Jul 23, 2004, 8:23 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Mmmm, beer!

I get off work around 1 p.m. Saturday and will be skulking around the North Tent by 2 p.m., Flyertalk T-shirt and kokoleash clad ....

Email me if you need my cell #.

...ess
Old Jul 24, 2004, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
I went yesterday (Friday) after work and tasted a few -- the perfect way to end a 100 degree day.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
My new next door neighbor just moved from PDX and we were talking this morning about how she was sad (as am I) to be missing the Brewers Festival this year. She pointed out, however, that it is a refreshing 94 high today in Dallas and tonight's cool front will only have us up to 80 tomorrow. Just remember sunscreen and hydration.

Oh, and attendee aside... Spiff and newself, I owe you both return phone calls but screwed up my phone and not only lost all my messages but somehow most of my stored numbers too... so didn't want you to think I had forgotten. Not being able to get on personal e-mail from my laptop anymore hasn't helped either. Still love you both though!
Old Jul 24, 2004, 6:52 pm

home again...

Back from my whirlwind trip!

It was great to see Newself, Opushomes, and Mr & Mrs 1K in Seattle again, and fabulous meeting GreggWiggins! Sorry I missed Ess and Cheryl...where were ya?? We had to leave at 230 to catch our flight home.

Thanks to newself for breakfast and thanks to Travelweary and Michael for being great seatmates on the flights
Old Jul 25, 2004, 8:57 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Another year of Beer in PDX

Well, just got home myself. I left the Beerfest around 3:30pm on Saturday as no one else from FT showed up. Stopped to buy swimtrunks for the pool at the Westin but was told that they didn't have one. Oh well, took a cool shower and cabbed it over to the Ringside for a 21oz bone in Ribeye Steak at the bar. Left the cellphone in the room and got back to watch the Angels beat up on the Mariners again and found 3 phone messages. I guess I just missed Ess (by the way...Happy Birthday today again Sam!) but we did get a chance to talk. No Spiff this year, Sharon ended up on the Injured Reserve List, and never saw Cheryl.

Temp was around 100F but there was a slight breeze from the river. 72 brews this year and I stayed towards the lighter ends due to the heat. They certainly wet my whistle. I took my time savoring them and was even called "Nipple Boy" by someone who was in a hurry to get more! Pretty good brews this year, much better than last year in my opinion.

Received calls from LarryU and Shadow while at PDX today and we are making plans for the SeaDoo. Hope you see you all next year during the last full weekend in July!
Old Jul 26, 2004, 2:24 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
Newself and I left at approximately the same time. My apoligies, Dave, you can now get to Portland International Raceway using "MAX" yellow line. A car is no longer required since the opened the new MAX line. The grand prix ran today. Lots of spin-outs on chicane entering the home stretch.

It was good seeing Missy and the surprise visitors. A very pleasant low key time with some of my favorite Washingtonians. Hopefully you will be back next year.
Tweary is certainly a beer fanatic with a scorecard.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 11:46 am
In Memoriam

Can't Say No to Missy (Thank Goodness)

OK, I'm weak and when Missy called at the last minute and used her most persuasive techniques, assuring me I could drink beer and make it back to Seattle for the game, I caved. Michael and I met up at the airport with Missy and her other surprise guest who impressed me immediately by her need to have a Starbucks before we started out. Good Horizon flight and breakfast outside at Jakes with newself was fun (Thanks again, Dave!), and then we hit the beer tents.

100 degrees or not, I went straight for the Porters and Stouts. And yes, I did map out my "tour of beers" so as not to miss a one. Without Spiff there trying to convince us he was really doing research, I thought I'd fill in with a scorecard. (Spiff, I'd be happy to send you my program if you'd like and can bring it to the SeaDo or mail it if you let me know.)

As always it was good to have my annual visit with OpusHomes but we missed his other half this time. Also got to see 1K in Seattle and his partner for the second time at a Brewfest. Unfortunately missed Cheryl, Sam, and Kells.

I am so there again next year and will consult the brewfest schedule before setting up my Mariners schedule.

p.s. Missy, if I haven't said it enough, You're the Best!
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:44 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by TravelWeary
100 degrees or not, I went straight for the Porters and Stouts. And yes, I did map out my "tour of beers" so as not to miss a one. Without Spiff there trying to convince us he was really doing research, I thought I'd fill in with a scorecard. (Spiff, I'd be happy to send you my program if you'd like and can bring it to the SeaDo or mail it if you let me know.)
I will be in SEA so I'd love to see the program! Thank you!
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:47 pm

Definitely in for next year

Now that we know the Brewfest coincides with the Nordstroms anniversary sale...the thonged one and I are definitely returning

Lots o' beer and tax free shopping on the same weekend??? Cha CHING!!
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I am in for a beer anytime.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Red face We missed you guys!

By the time we made it back into Portland and then downtown & over to the ‘fest on Saturday, it was a little before 3:00 -- a little later than originally planned. We stuck around for a while (4:30ish?), sampling many of the brews (also staying on the lighter side, so newself wasn't the only beer-wimp of the day) and obviously didn’t find any of the FTers there (I’m glad I made the almost-last-minute decision to drag a friend along with me or else I’d have likely spent the day wandering around and drinking by myself!) Then we headed back to the Westin to clean up & headed out for dinner and called it an early night since we had an early-a** morning flight out on Sunday. Thankfully the security lines were moving as I didn’t need to re-prove my ability to fall asleep standing up (same friend was with me earlier this year when I managed to doze off while waiting in an early morning security line that wasn’t moving )

Last edited by cawhite60156; Jul 26, 2004 at 7:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.