Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PDX - Oregon Brewers Festival 07/23-25

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:02 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Isn't being trashed the way to watch the Mariners this year?
THIS from a long time Cubs fan!! I would expect better of you.
Old Jul 15, 2004, 12:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by TravelWeary
THIS from a long time Cubs fan!! I would expect better of you.
Anything to get some attention from you, Paula!
Old Jul 18, 2004, 4:30 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Paula

Originally Posted by TravelWeary
We could not make the logistics of taking the train to Portland, drinking lots of beer and taking the train to Seattle to make the Saturday Mariners' game, so we'll have to forgo the fest this year. The Saturday train schedule just didn't work. It would have been fun, too, to start the party on the train with Joe and Punki.
Paula, you know what this means don't you? The traditional late night cellphone call to make you feel really bad about not going! I remember my phone ringing around midnight when I didn't show up in SEA last year.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 4:32 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Meeting Place

Is Sam or anyone else going to get there early and put out the balloons so that everyone will know where to meet? We could just look for Spiff as he will be the only on in attendance with a long sleeve hockey sweater! See you all this coming weekend!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:36 am
In Memoriam

Bring it On!

Originally Posted by newself
Paula, you know what this means don't you? The traditional late night cellphone call to make you feel really bad about not going! I remember my phone ringing around midnight when I didn't show up in SEA last year.
I'll be at the Mariners' game until about 10:00, and at midnight I'll most likely still be at Kells celebrating our win with our newly-rejuvenated team over your Angels!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by newself
Is Sam or anyone else going to get there early and put out the balloons so that everyone will know where to meet? We could just look for Spiff as he will be the only on in attendance with a long sleeve hockey sweater! See you all this coming weekend!
I believe you just "Rule 12'd" yourself!
Old Jul 20, 2004, 10:59 am

I can't believe I live right here in Portland, and will have to miss this event! We made plans long ago to go to the beach this weekend with friends. I'm pretty new here, but sure would enjoy meeting some of the people who make these boards such a great place. Hope everyone has a great time.
By the way, temperatures for the weekend are predicted to be low to mid 90's - be sure to bring your sunscreen.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
If you notice a bearded guy in a red baseball cap who's running around the festival grounds taking photos and notes, say 'hello' to me. I'll also be spending some time on Saturday at the Celebrator Beer News booth talking with people who, for some reason, want to see what someone who gets paid to drink beer looks like.

By the way, there may be another bearded guy taking pictures; that would be Celebrator's publisher Tom Dalldorf -- and having people come up to Tom to ask "excuse me, but are you Gregg Wiggins" could be quite amusing for the CBN staff.
Old Jul 22, 2004, 3:13 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
So..........

The anal retentive do planner in me needs to make a list

It seems from the thread that the following people will be in attendance

Newself
Spiff
CAWhite60156
greggwiggins
essxjay
opushomes
doglover
1K in Seattle

am I right so far?

I'll be coming down for Saturday... some of you have my cell number. If you don't and want to coordinate a meeting place and time ..send me a PM!

2247 24JUL J SEAPDX 800A 854A
/OPERATED BY HORIZON AIR
2294 24JUL J PDXSEA 400P 452P
/OPERATED BY HORIZON AIR
Old Jul 22, 2004, 5:22 pm

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
anal retentive addition

Normally, we meet in the North tent on the riverside of the tent. To find the location, face the river and it is the tent to the left. People seem to show up around 1-2 p.m.

Our local weather folks predict that it will be hot. Maybe over 100, which is slightly unusual for us. If anyone needs my cell #, e-mail me please.

EDIT: In deference to Missy's schedule, perhaps we should commit to an earlier meeting time. Say noonish or before??

EDIT: Gates open at 1130, taps start flowing at 1200

http://www.oregonbrewfest.com/fact.html

Last edited by opushomes; Jul 22, 2004 at 5:30 pm Reason: link to brewfest
Old Jul 22, 2004, 5:37 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I, and my 2 (possibly 3) suprise guests will be there at opening time so we'll try to stake some claim in the north tent.

If anyone is up for breakfast before hand, we'll be at some place near newself's hotel (I think he said Jakes?) at 1030ish
Old Jul 22, 2004, 6:37 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Unhappy I'm Out

I tried hard to find a reasonable fare or an award ticket. No luck.

I'll have to see you folks in Seattle or at the OBF next year. Sorry!
Old Jul 22, 2004, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Arriving sometime Friday evening (flying SA with one of my friends, so who knows what time it will be)

Breakfast at Jakes is YUMMY! Sorry to be missing that one. Look for y'all on Saturday afternoon!
Old Jul 23, 2004, 8:06 am

A Nice Hot Weekend

Mrs IK and I will be around for a bit on Friday afternoon, and at opening on Saturday.

Luckily it will be the hottest day of the year for the beautiful Pacific NW on Saturday, and everyone knows the best thing to do when it’s hot is to drink lots of beer.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 9:16 am

Programs: Canadi>n Plus: President's Club (expired)
Wow, this is happening almost at my backyard - I live about a 3-minute walk from the venue by the RiverPlace Marina.

Unfortunately, I don't do alcohol, or I'd get messy asthma. If anyone is organising anything outside the beer thing, please let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.