Wiki Posts
Search

We have lost Cholula

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 4:37 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

We have lost Cholula

Cholula's wife has let me know that we lost Cholula. He had some medical issues in recent years and they finally got the best of him. He was an active participant on FlyerTalk for over 20 years. He served us in so many positions, I'm not sure I can remember them all. He was on Talkboard and he was a moderator for many forums at different phases - TS/S, Omnis, Alaska, Community. He was always cheerful with a great sense of humor.

When I look at Dave's Facebook page, I see two things I associate with him: his love of Purdue and his passion for Cholula hot sauce. He was responsible for getting it on many of our tables, and folks had a lot of fun talking about that in the Omnis.

It makes me really sad to have lost this long time stalwart. Boiler Up!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Apr 26, 2023 at 4:46 pm
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I am so sorry to hear this news. I've known Cholula and Mrs. Cholula for many years, since the early FT Delta Do. RIP Cholula. My condolences to his wife and family. :-(
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
As if this week couldn’t be any worse, I’m so sorry to hear the news I never had a chance to meet Cholula, but always appreciated his contributions to FT and the times I got to interact with him online. My condolences to all of his family and friends.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:16 pm

This is such sad news. Very shocked to hear this as he had been so full of life in recent posts and messages. I am thinking of his wife and family, sending hugs.
Markie, Traveller, cmd320 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:38 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

It's been a rough week for our community. Another Flyertalker I've had the pleasure of meeting. It was about 10 years ago at one of the monthly Washington DC meet ups. Very nice guy.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 5:50 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Most sad news, indeed! As noted, he was a most successful entrepreneur (his hot sauce is on many Bay Area restaurant tables) and avid FlyerTalk member and leader. He will be sorely missed by our community.
Markie, SPN Lifer, IBJoel and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
This one hits home. Franny and I have been incredibly saddened by this news. We had been hoping that he could overcome the health problems that had hit him since the last time we had seen him a couple of years ago. We feel pain but it is not anywhere near the pain that Laura is feeling now. Adios good buddy. We loved you from the first minute we met.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

This one hits home for me too. I am saddened by this news.

I am on a flight right now with sluggish Wi-Fi; but I will impart my thoughts another time...
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Very sad. Much of what the Alaska forum is today dates back to Cholula's stint as the moderator.
vasantn, Abby, beckoa and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I take great pride in encouraging Dave to request being a Moderator on the DL Forum. His contributions were legendary. He was not only a good colleague, but he and his wife, dear Laura, had so much fun together with me and my Husband. Many Memories, but my favorite is his description of the lunch we shared at Harry's Bar in Venice . I'll look for link.

My love to Laura and R.I.P.. Dave
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newr...eply&p=7397940

Last edited by obscure2k; Apr 26, 2023 at 8:40 pm
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Damn. Such a nice guy and solid member of this community. 😢 RIP Cholula. May your memory be a blessing!
SPN Lifer, becks1 and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Apologies, previous post was accidental. My condolences to Dave’s family and loved ones.
wrldwide1 likes this.

Last edited by Calcifer; Apr 27, 2023 at 5:47 am
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Damn. RIP Dave.
N830MH and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
The first time I met Dave he brought me a two pack of Cholula hot sauce. I had never heard of the stuff but love it so much and have introduced many people to the sauce. Dave and I with other close friends spent many visits to wineries and he was a wealth of knowledge about different styles.

I will miss him and wish Laura the best in this trying time.
Abby, tcook052, QF WP and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Very sorry to hear this sad news.
QF WP and wrldwide1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.