Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
RIP. He will be missed
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! I can’t believe he’s gone! He has passed away. I remember when I met him on Delta forums in 2005. When I joined FlyerTalk after I left from Airliners.Net. He used to work for moderator on TSS, Omni, Alaska Airlines and Community Buzz, as well. I haven’t had a chance to meet him in person yet. He will be missed! His condolences to the extended family. May him rest in peace ☮️ forever. Go with gods! Flying away, Dave!
Traveller, obscure2k, Abby and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Dave. Oh no.

I recall meeting Dave once or twice. It might have been in California or on BRT. Yep. BRT because I remember meeting Laura. I remember when the Delta forum was raising money to campaign against some terrible thing Delta was doing. This was probably 2005?? Through donations, enough money was raised to fund a truck with an ad on it that made its way around midtown during a Delta meeting. I don't recall the message, but it was noticed by tv and print media. I donated toys to the cause, and Dave sent me a blue Cholula work shirt. I wore that shirt until it wore out.

I'll say a prayer for Laura. It's so sad that Flyertalk has lost 2 valued members this week.

Rest in peace Dave, and continue to fly upfront and look after our dear departed Flyertalk friends (the list gets longer every year).

Dan

Last edited by dhammer53; Apr 27, 2023 at 12:06 pm Reason: spelling
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
The late CarlaJ and I met Dave at the Dovster-BEYflyer Do in Fort Lauderdale in October 2007. He was a lot of fun to talk to. IIRC, we got a Cholula Hot Sauce T-shirt from the gift table, though I don't know where it is now. Based on this thread, he must have been among the top few in how many FTers he had met. So sorry to hear that he won't be meeting any more of us - until we join him where the security lines are always short and the upgrades always clear.
Traveller, Abby, QF WP and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I wasn't able to meet Dave in person but valued reading his posts and his role as a long-time moderator. Our community is a little poorer with Cholula's passing.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:41 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
I was devastated when I found out. He was a good friend, I was lucky enough to have him and a lot of flyertalkers for dinner at my house.
We kept in touch over the years, and yes, we did talk about politics, well, who doesn't nowadays
I am saddened to know that we lost one of the good guys.
My family is saddened, and we will keep him and Mrs Cholula in our prayers.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I met Dave for the first time when he still was working for Cholula. What a nice, decent, friendly guy! I am saddened to hear that he is no longer with us. May he rest in peace.
Markie and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Dave was a class act and an asset to our community. May his loved ones quickly find peace.
Markie and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Efrem
The late CarlaJ and I met Dave at the Dovster-BEYflyer Do in Fort Lauderdale in October 2007. He was a lot of fun to talk to. IIRC, we got a Cholula Hot Sauce T-shirt from the gift table, though I don't know where it is now. Based on this thread, he must have been among the top few in how many FTers he had met. So sorry to hear that he won't be meeting any more of us - until we join him where the security lines are always short and the upgrades always clear.
Here are photographs from that event which were taken on October 26, 2007.

Classic Dave having fun.

As you can see, Dave was famously known for wearing Hawaiian shirts.

I have a photograph of what was actually printed on that T-shirt that Dovster gave to Dave; but it cannot be posted here on FlyerTalk.

Trust me when I say that the look on Dave’s face said it all when he realized what it was...
Abby, Dovster, LapLap and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:58 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Traveller
I've known Cholula and Mrs. Cholula for many years, since the early FT Delta Do. RIP Cholula.
Yes, you have.

This photograph was taken from the same event in South Florida on Saturday, October 27, 2007.
Traveller, Abby, dedehans and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:41 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Rest in peace, Cholula, and may your memory be a blessing. And condolences to his wife and the rest of his family and close friends.

The good-natured fellow and his Hawaiian shirts will be dearly missed. He was a legend on FT before there were legends on this site. He contributed a ton to FT via his Delta flying and FFP/SkyMiles participation, his role as moderator of multiple forums, his contributions to TalkBoard, and being a welcoming subject of Cholula hot sauce talk.

Oh, did some of us provide a lot of work for him in the days. Now, he will be resting without any more such work.
dedehans, N830MH and wrldwide1 like this.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 27, 2023 at 12:47 am
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:11 am

Rest in peace
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:45 am

Rest in peace, Cholula
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I remember meeting him at the Florida gathering (and the sauces as well; he got me hooked on them). He was a very lively character and will be terribly missed. My sincere condolences to his wife and family. Rest in Eternal Peace David.
Efrem, dhammer53, Abby and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 3:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I have never met Dave in person but as co-mods for CommunityBuzz we worked together until he stepped down a little over a year ago. More recently we had a lively exchange of comments on FB about our respective Wordle scores and I came to appreciate his sense of humor. He will be missed. R.I.P.
Bundy Bear, tcook052 and wrldwide1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.