LAX Meetups and DOs Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Meetups and DOs Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DELee
Apparently something to do with RF engineering...
DELee likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
I guess it depends how you arrange things...

David
Old Sep 27, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Nice time yesterday with Zorak and DELee

Took a tour of three local breweries in the Southbay, ate, drank and discussed miles and points..

Fun day all around! Looking forward to the next time.
krazykanuck and Zorak like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As noted by Flying Machine , we went to three different brew places: Brewport in El Segundo, Far Field in Lawndale and King Harbor (the brewery) in Redondo Beach. He also did double duty in being Zorak 's around town transporter.

A few shots from Brewport on Main in Downtown El Segundo:

Far Field is interesting given its truly industrial location directly on Rosecrans just west of Hawthorne:

This time I forgot to pull my phone out to take some shots as we enjoyed our beers as well as hot chicken and fries from the food truck.

Also completely missed any shots from the King Harbor Brewery location on Kingsdale and 182nd. I blame it on too much beer.

A very enjoyable afternoon with much discussion about travel, life and FlyerTalk!

David
Flying Machine and Zorak like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Also completely missed any shots from the King Harbor Brewery location on Kingsdale and 182nd. I blame it on too much beer.
Is that even a thing?

Here's my interior pix from King Harbor:

Flying Machine likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
for future reference, Hopsaint (on 190th, just west of Anza) and Grunion’s (on Sepulveda in Manhattan Beach) are worth consideration
Old Sep 27, 2021, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
for future reference, Hopsaint (on 190th, just west of Anza) and Grunion’s (on Sepulveda in Manhattan Beach) are worth consideration
If you're coming to town and let us know, we'll go!

David
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
Brewport had Hopsaint Chocolate Trip porter on nitro on one of its taps. I wasn't a huge fan but I think the others enjoyed it.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
If you're coming to town and let us know, we'll go!

David
Grunion's has been around for like EVER; I went there a couple times when I was living in Torrance 1976-78 ... discovered Hopsaint a few years ago while making ~monthly trips to El Segundo, along with Zymurgy Brew Works (now Smog City West, on Hawthorne between Sepulveda and PCH)

I was *really* tempted to do a day trip, but since I'm planning to join a former AF colleague's first post-retirement HH at Grunion's on Fri 1 Oct (1700-2000ish) and then embark on a TCON MR, the domestic overhead was a bit too much ... that said, I'll definitely close the loop if future travel plans materialize
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Plt, Marriott Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, El Mambero De Mucci, PWP Aide to Generalissimo Godot
I'm I'm LA for the weekend. Will have some free time Friday and Saturday afternoon if you are around.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by El_Chiflero
I'm I'm LA for the weekend. Will have some free time Friday and Saturday afternoon if you are around.
For myself and Zorak , we'll be at the LEX DO this weekend with a few other Flyertalkers so we won't be around unfortunately.

David
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:09 am

Expecting to be around again on Sunday Dec. 5th from ~1230 to ~1800 if anyone wants to meet up.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Zorak
Expecting to be around again on Sunday Dec. 5th from ~1230 to ~1800 if anyone wants to meet up.
Hi there, I actually be in Palm Desert that week. Sorry to miss you!
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

depends on my SEA-->DCA travel paradigm ... although if I have to hazard a guess today, that's as likely a day as any (and much better for me than the following week)
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We'll be meeting up with Zorak on Sunday afternoon for lunch and beverages.

I'll pick him up at Terminal 2 and head out from there.

If you want to join, please post to the thread.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.