Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jrl767
Upcoming DO/MeetUp:
Sunday 20 Aug

Where:
Portage Bay Cafe (391 Terry Ave N, Seattle)

Interested:
WillTravel4Food
Polytonic
FlyerEC
jrl767+1
Berrenger

Print Wikipost

SEA Meetup/DO?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
oh, they'll *LET* you; you'll just have to cough up $$ or miles
Old Oct 11, 2022, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
I sent a PM to ~20 Seattle FTers in an effort to gauge interest and solicit some suggestions for places to meet up … two have already replied with regrets, but here’s hoping at least four times that many respond in the affirmative
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Dang, I'll be flying thru SEA Monday. Don't think they'll let me move this a day early... have fun!
Boooo! Not the Halloween kind, the kind.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by beckoa
Dang, I'll be flying thru SEA Monday. Don't think they'll let me move this a day early... have fun!
I have a 49-minute connection in SEA on Sunday night, so I hope I don't see any of you for very long
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I have a 49-minute connection in SEA on Sunday night, so I hope I don't see any of you for very long
What time is your connection? I still haven't decided on modes of transport.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
What time is your connection? I still haven't decided on modes of transport.
2030 to 2115 more or less.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
2030 to 2115 more or less.
Well, then I hope not to see you there. For both our sakes.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting some of the others though!
Zorak likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

in the interest of focusing the conversation about Sunday, I’ll propose the aforementioned mural-spotting stroll and ad hoc stops along the Ballard brewery walk discussed upthread (plus a few others)

two brunch-ish options near the start of the trek are Seattle Biscuit Company and Dish Cafe; Mrs767 and I can recommend both, with the caveat that the menu at Dish is substantially broader

for those who favor pizza, Big Mario’s is adjacent to both Dish and Bad Jimmy’s Brewery

Seahawks game is at 1; if there’s a Mariners game, it’ll start at 1 and the Seahawks will kick off at 230 … I think most of the venues will have one or both games on tv
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:34 am

Both of those brunch choices look great to me! I have also been told that Fair Isle shouldn't be missed, if in the area.

I will be driving down Saturday morning, staying at the Courtyard Union Lake, then driving back Sunday, so I'm happy to do the walk with a couple brewery stops between, but will need to behave myself for the most part.
jrl767 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
There's also a new waterfront brewery that just opened. https://seattle.eater.com/2022/10/12...tle-waterfront

Mean Sandwich is at the corner of 15th and Leary under the overpass which looks to be along the route.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
On October 29th, I'll be in SEA for about 90 minutes; on the 30th I'll be there again in the morning for a few hours.

I say all of this with a literal block of salt since I'm flying Alaska Airlines, and I can't trust them to actually get me where I'm going.

With that being said, I probably won't be around long enough to do an actual meet-up/get-together, but if you find yourself in the airport and in desire of Vietnamese food or mediocre BBQ (or decent beer), I would be happy to make anyone from this thread a Priority Pass guest

-J.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Both of those brunch choices look great to me! I have also been told that Fair Isle shouldn't be missed, if in the area.

I will be driving down Saturday morning, staying at the Courtyard Union Lake, then driving back Sunday, so I'm happy to do the walk with a couple brewery stops between, but will need to behave myself for the most part.
Dish is a fairly small cafe, and I have to think that it'll likely be challenging to score a table for a group of 6 or more

Seattle Biscuit Co is walk-up counter service; iirc there is seating for maybe 12-15 inside and maybe six on the patio ... that said, biscuit sandwiches are something that's easily eaten while strolling up the street to a coffee venue on the mural-spotting walk

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Mean Sandwich is at the corner of 15th and Leary under the overpass which looks to be along the route.
yep, one of our son's go-to places ... they share a covered outdoor area with Bickerson's Brewing which is next door (the prior brewery in that space was really good, but this spring the owners decided that 9 years was enough and relocated to the Bend/Redmond area; we haven't yet checked out the original Bickerson's location in Renton or this new venue)
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had PM replies indicating ~4 other tentative/interested/"solid maybe" participants, so we probably ought to decide on a start time and location sooner rather than later

Last edited by jrl767; Oct 14, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So the smoke forecast for tomorrow looks pretty bad. Sunday is looking good so far, but I'm sure that could change overnight. I'm game to meet you guys somewhere in Ballard for food. I won't be able to join you on the walk though.

Do we have a confirmed headcount? I think we may want to switch to the model the LA people have, book a table somewhere for 6-8, accept confirmed reservations only (to get around the Seattle Yes that plagues our great city).
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:34 pm

I was perusing the forums after a long absence and ran across this thread. I'm up for a meetup this weekend. Just let me know when and where and I'll try to be there. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.