Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 21, 2020, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jrl767
Upcoming DO/MeetUp:
Sunday 20 Aug

Where:
Portage Bay Cafe (391 Terry Ave N, Seattle)

Interested:
WillTravel4Food
Polytonic
FlyerEC
jrl767+1
Berrenger

Print Wikipost

SEA Meetup/DO?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
SEA Meetup/DO?

SEA Meetup/DO?

David
Old Jan 30, 2020, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
bring it on!
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
So the question is do I post here, or do I post in the other thread?

Maybe here? More visibility?

I'm downtown most days, with a fairly flexible schedule.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:01 am

Depending on when it is, I can sometimes head down from YVR, so I'll keep an eye on this (and the other) thread. Although last year's conversation with the land crossing folks was less than fun "you're meeting people you don't know, from the internet, to discuss flying to places just to earn points to fly to MORE places?! I don't get it. I have never heard of that" ... so I may opt for Amtak or flying down.
beckoa likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
those who drive across the border could say they’re attending a board meeting of the “Cascadia Travel Points and Miles Society” or similar
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jrl767
those who drive across the border could say they’re attending a board meeting of the “Cascadia Travel Points and Miles Society” or similar
Lying to Homeland Security is seldom a good idea. Turning it into a business trip even less so.

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
"you're meeting people you don't know, from the internet, to discuss flying to places just to earn points to fly to MORE places?! I don't get it. I have never heard of that"
What possessed you to give so much information? I would just say "I'm driving down to meet some friends".
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:13 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
...last year's conversation with the land crossing folks was less than fun "you're meeting people you don't know, from the internet, to discuss flying to places just to earn points to fly to MORE places?! I don't get it. I have never heard of that" ...
Those working at airports must be better informed. On my way to FT moderators’ meeting last year I mentioned an internet bulletin board for frequent flyers. “Oh, you discuss how to keep miles from expiring?”
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:50 pm

Although last year's conversation with the land crossing folks was less than fun "you're meeting people you don't know, from the internet, to discuss flying to places just to earn points to fly to MORE places?! I don't get it. I have never heard of that" ... so I may opt for Amtak or flying down.
Funny enough, once on my way up to YVR (took Bolt) the Canadian land crossing went pretty much like:

Me: "So this sounds really crazy, but I'm visiting some friends I met online."
Agent: "Oh that happens all the time!"

So I guess it happens more often than not.

Anyway, seems like just two or three so far? There have to be more people ... where are the hordes of DL/AS elites?!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Funny enough, once on my way up to YVR (took Bolt) the Canadian land crossing went pretty much like:

Me: "So this sounds really crazy, but I'm visiting some friends I met online."
Agent: "Oh that happens all the time!"

So I guess it happens more often than not.

Anyway, seems like just two or three so far? There have to be more people ... where are the hordes of DL/AS elites?!
Not an AS or DL elite, but others who are might be the best to loop this thread into those fora...

David
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I'm theoretically interested depending on scheduling...
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Count me in as long as I'm around!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
Ja, interested, nice idea (assuming I'm not on a MR or such at the time).
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: Seattle, WA;HH Diamond, Avis PS, DL PM & 1MM ... back to travelling the globe consulting aerospace engineering
interested, but date and location will play a big part on whether I can make it.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yeah, I was sent to secondary going to YVR (first time to Canada) two years ago when I mentioned I was visiting friends I met online. They were also interested in the beer I was bringing.

Keep me posted :-: I've only been thru SEA 4 times this year so far, with another trip this week
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 2:55 pm

For those of you that are date sensitive, what dates work for everyone?

End of February to early March perhaps? Happy hour or dinner somewhere? Ideally near downtown would be my preference, but if people are pushing for something eastside, I'd be up for that as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.