Off we go... to Nagoya, for Japan Do #8 10-12 April 2020 [postponed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Summary of Events (provisional)

Thursday 9 April, 7pm ~ Meet and Greet Drinks (TBD)
Friday 10 April, 10am ~ Tour of Nagoya
Friday 10 April, 7pm ~ Official Do Dinner (TBD)
Saturday 11 April, 8:30am ~ Day trip to Ise Shrines (Post 43)
Sunday 12 April, 9:00am ~ Day trip / hiking in Kiso Valley (Post 44)
Print Wikipost

Off we go... to Nagoya, for Japan Do #8 10-12 April 2020 [postponed]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by angra
My only concern/wonder is if Japan blows up in cases, whether ex-japan travelers will be subject to quarantine / not allowed to transit some places.
This is my main concern as well. As I was chatting with another FTer today, I'm not worried about the illness itself, I'm worried about the travel prohibitions.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 9:38 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
Lightbulb Scavenging

{No colors because I know our thread moderator doesn't like that.}
As somebody who has stayed out of this thread, but monitored it; the contemplation that international airlines, including those from North America, may face hundreds, if not thousands of cancellations of passengers heading to Asia - but still wanting to operate those flights, will cut airfares to the point that I can afford to attend this!
I'll find cheap places to stay in Nagoya. They may be agonizing that their rooms | dorms aren't being booked either.
Nothing else to scribe so far.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:52 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelKane
I'm planning on a couple of days in Tokyo both before and after.
Anyone else?
I’m rearranging my post-Do activities since a university reunion in Yokohama has been cancelled. I’m likely to be in Tokyo for a couple of nights after the Do.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:14 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
Finally... Going to have to miss this one as my turn to work next Easter but will follow the fun with envy...will be back for Japan Do #9
Lucky I'm skipping Japan Do this year as I will have to go into quarantine for 2 weeks on returning to Sydney if I visit Japan now...
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by kpc
Lucky I'm skipping Japan Do this year as I will have to go into quarantine for 2 weeks on returning to Sydney if I visit Japan now...
So would that be a 2 week vacation after coming back from vacation?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 9:10 pm

I'm planning on a couple of days in Tokyo both before and after.
Anyone else?
Maybe? Had been leaning toward Osaka, but I do have to fly out of NRT ... no set plan.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I’m rearranging my post-Do activities since a university reunion in Yokohama has been cancelled. I’m likely to be in Tokyo for a couple of nights after the Do.
Excellent. But after is actually only 1 day. The 14th. I fly out on the 15th.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Excellent. But after is actually only 1 day. The 14th. I fly out on the 15th.
I plan to travel to Tokyo on the 13th and will be free late afternoon and evening of 13th and 14th.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by kpc
I suppose it’s because of your job. I don’t see any general restrictions or quarantine requirements for anybody returning to Australia from Japan unless you were on Diamond Princess and a non-Australian national.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:23 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I suppose it’s because of your job. I don’t see any general restrictions or quarantine requirements for anybody returning to Australia from Japan unless you were on Diamond Princess and a non-Australian national.
Yes, i cannot step into the hospital if I have been to Japan in the last 14 days
Old Mar 8, 2020, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by wysiwyg
As long as my EVA flights don’t get cancelled (I have a connection via TPE both ways), I’ll be there. I’m more concerned about the flight situation rather than the virus itself, but that’s just me. TPE to NRT has been cancelled a few days now, but flights to NGO and KIX (from which I’m returning from) seem to be ok, for now.
Originally Posted by angra
My only concern/wonder is if Japan blows up in cases, whether ex-japan travelers will be subject to quarantine / not allowed to transit some places.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
This is my main concern as well. As I was chatting with another FTer today, I'm not worried about the illness itself, I'm worried about the travel prohibitions.
If you haven’t been following FT’s Coronavirus and Travel forum, the best places to check for latest travel restrictions are:

- Your country’s travel advisory for Japan (or any country you plan to visit)
- IATA’s regular updates on changes to Timatic database https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm
Old Mar 8, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
My flights are via ICN and SIN, so obviously my attendance is in jeopardy at this time.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Soo... finally caught back up on this thread. Still have tickets confirmed to NGO from TYO and was waiting for some space to open on the return to confirm. Didn't realize the post do has been termed it seems.

Will keep an eye here- want to go as this is the annual highlight of my spring travel to see how things evolve. Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Hard to believe the DO is now only month away
Looking forward to a Costco run in Nagoya. I think there’s one close to the airport.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Hard to believe the DO is now only month away
Looking forward to a Costco run in Nagoya. I think there’s one close to the airport.
Beckoa?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.