Off we go... to Nagoya, for Japan Do #8 10-12 April 2020 [postponed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Summary of Events (provisional)

Thursday 9 April, 7pm ~ Meet and Greet Drinks (TBD)
Friday 10 April, 10am ~ Tour of Nagoya
Friday 10 April, 7pm ~ Official Do Dinner (TBD)
Saturday 11 April, 8:30am ~ Day trip to Ise Shrines (Post 43)
Sunday 12 April, 9:00am ~ Day trip / hiking in Kiso Valley (Post 44)
Print Wikipost

Off we go... to Nagoya, for Japan Do #8 10-12 April 2020 [postponed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: JGC / OW Sapphire
To be fair, though, Ise Jingu is the first place I visited in Japan where I felt a sense of peace. Just peacefulness. No hurry or stress. It's not possible to capture in a photo.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 7:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whkento
So, where were you planning on dining? I may be able to get pics of those spots... I have pics (somewhere) of Ise Jingu, etc. No indoor shots of the onsens.
I was going to ask you to suggest a suitable venue for the Do dinner on Friday night. Perhaps we can start planning now for next Easter!
Old Apr 8, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Canceling difficulties-
AA & AS was easy. Now trying to cancel LM. Impossible.

Online says to call the call center. Calling the call center (about 10 different numbers) all go to a recording saying to go online (guessing, it's in Spanish).

Any ideas?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:02 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by TravelKane
Canceling difficulties-
AA & AS was easy. Now trying to cancel LM. Impossible.

Online says to call the call center. Calling the call center (about 10 different numbers) all go to a recording saying to go online (guessing, it's in Spanish).

Any ideas?
That’s a pain! Have you checked recent posts in this thread? Cancellation of Lifemiles ticket
Old Apr 8, 2020, 3:19 pm

Where’s everybody?

So “my flight” arrived early and Haneda was practically empty except for dozens of aircrfat parked everywhere. As HND-NGO is such a short route NH only has one flight a day in early evening. NGO is 35km south of Nagoya and like KIX built on an artificial island. The airport boasts a public bath with an airport view.

as well as a theme park “Flight of Dreams” featuring the first-ever built Boeing 787.

Old Apr 8, 2020, 4:14 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
*post deleted*
Old Apr 8, 2020, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by nme7
*post deleted*
Why?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 7:56 pm

In honour of the Do-that-wasn't
(Apologies if mis-sized)
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 10:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Upon "arrival" into NGO, I got to the room via a private shuttle. Black limo. Stopped over at a "local" FT'ers place and we made sushi for dinner. Quite tasty. And some may recognize the beer of the evening.

Supplies

Can you guess what flavors there are?

Been in the fridge for the past year...
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:47 pm

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why?
Turns out I already made a post earlier. Looking forward to pictures from the DO! We can still enjoy this while stuck at home.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief

In honour of the Do-that-wasn't
(Apologies if mis-sized)
I can figure out some sashimi and gyoza but you’ll have to tell us what other dishes are. I’m intrigued by the size of the pot of noodles.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by beckoa

Can you guess what flavors there are?

I see some carrots? You’ll have to tell us what they are.

Been in the fridge for the past year...
Hope it was still drinkable.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by nme7
Turns out I already made a post earlier. Looking forward to pictures from the DO! We can still enjoy this while stuck at home.
Since this is a virtual Do, you are welcome to join in!
Old Apr 9, 2020, 5:43 pm

Thursday evening before the Do is for welcome drinks. Last year In Sapporo we went up to the T38 Observation Deck of the JR Tower. Nagoya’s answer is the Sky Promenade at Midland Square. There doesn’t seem to be a bar at the top but there may be vending machines. No toilets with a view either. This video in German (with English subtitle) is the best one I could find.

Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Thursday evening before the Do is for welcome drinks. Last year In Sapporo we went up to the T38 Observation Deck of the JR Tower. Nagoya’s answer is the Sky Promenade at Midland Square. There doesn’t seem to be a bar at the top but there may be vending machines. No toilets with a view either. This video in German (with English subtitle) is the best one I could find.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DdNeLhyEqNw
Mmmm Bier-o vending machines

Yeah, last year was nuts. Just barely made some of the DO... glad I did at this point!

Post DO was epic- on par with OKA a few years back ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.