Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP (1.2 MM), UA Premier PLT, DL Scum, HH Diamond, Enterprise GLD
New FTer, first post

Name: Andy
Living: Amarillo, TX (don't laugh)
Job: Gerontologist
Interests: Food, Travel, Books
Hobbies: Reading, Cooking

Travel mostly for work and mostly in TX. EXP on AA (segment flyer) and working for my 1st MM (100K to go). Thought FT might give me some good ideas on expediting the MM and on to my next MM
Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:49 pm

New Year, new member

Hi Happy New Year y'all!

I've landed (okay...lurked) at this forum a few times. Through my friends I've heard many great things about this forum.

I've done a little traveling and love to do more. My goal is to travel around the world, get a taste of the cultures, make lots of friends and hopefully contribute to make it a better place for the people around me. On my travels, I learn a lot about the countries and take lots of pictures. However, when I get back home I find that its never enough.

I'm a thrill-seeker and foodie to boot. Let me give you an example, the day before I left for my trip to Asia I went skydiving for the first time. What a blast! My trip to couple countries in Asia were a foodie and thrill-seeker's heaven. Given the chance, I would go back in a heartbeat!

Name: Lani
Bio: Carpe diem
Interests/hobbies: Food, travel, adventures, learning cultures, arts, sports, movies, etc...too many interests to list

See you around!

Lani
Old Jan 5, 2010, 1:54 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Hello everyone!

I have been on FlyerTalk for 4+ years now, but have not yet participated in this thread, so here goes...

-My name is Matthew and I'm 26.
-My childhood was spent on Long Island in New York, then I lived a few other places including the Chicago suburbs (Bolingbrook), Nashville, southern Indiana (Evansville), and some time spent in Canada. I now live in New York City as of this past September.
-I primarily fly Northwest (and now Delta).
-Though I don't often stay in hotels when traveling alone (I prefer hostelling if not staying with friends), I really enjoy the Starwood brands (especially Westin).
-I'm self-employed, working in both the music industry (in management) and also doing freelance business consulting.
-My parents are currently living in Saskatoon Canada (YXE) so that has been a frequent destination in the past few years, despite the cold. I also like traveling back to Nashville, to Austin TX, and to Europe.
-I'm currently single with no children. I do have a dog, but he's the family dog so he lives in cold & snowy Canada.
-Because of my love of travel (which certainly has not waned), I literally was "homeless" for 5 years from August of 2004 until this past September (with the exception of 7 months 2006-2007)...I had a storage unit and a PO Box and my time was spent on the road with work & visiting friends.

Welcome to all the new(er) members of FlyerTalk, including fly-sky, carpevie, abcrocker, abag, Eik, whatsthequestionnow, & chelseawolverine!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:12 am

Smile New member

Hello everyone, this is zerosen.

I am currently based in Boston, and I began to fly frequently since late last year.

My most frequent destnation is ORD, so I fly a lot through AA and UA.
Just became a AA gold member.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hyatt
Name: Chris
Job: Consultant
Interests: Genealogy, History, Photography, Points and Miles
Hobbies: Genealogy, History, Photography, Points and Miles
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:43 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles Diamond, Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards, Hilton HHonors Diamond
It's Me!

NAME : Paul
HOBBIES : Traveling (obviously!), sports , mountain biking, running, culture sharing, music, history

Hey all, I've been lurking for a little while, so I thought I'd introduce myself in this thread. I've been a FF since 1994, my first year out of university. Since that time I've always had careers linked to travel...consultant, global Director for an automotive OEM, etc. I've had the good fortune to travel all over and really enjoy learning about new places, people, food, etc. Just a few of my favorite places are Buenos Aires, Manila, Dublin, and Austin, Texas. The two places I'd like to travel to, but haven't yet are The Maldives and French Polynesia (e.g., Fiji, Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc.)

Anyway, nice to meet y'all and have a great 2010!

Paul
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:30 am

new guy

Hi Folks,

61 yrs old, live out in the country in Ohio, presently under 4 feet snow.

Travel, usually to BOS, DEN, LAX, SFO, PLS and HBA.

Haven't looked around here much, just stumbled in the other day.

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, SaksFirst Plat (hey, if we're listing loyalty programmes....)
Hi!

I'm Sarah. Real estate finance attorney in NYC....and former AA employee (worked at right out of college at HDQ in Finance from June 2001-July 2002....yep, during 9/11).

Now I just travel because I can, and love every minute of it.

Usually on gogo on the AA transcons out of JFK, so look for me on those. Glad to meet so many like-minded peeps....my best friend and I thought we were the only "air dorks" out there for a long time!

Cheers!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA *G
I'm Alex, college student who lives near ORD. Fly ~ 55k BIS a year. Prefer United as my airline, though I've been elite with pretty much every US carrier before settling on UA. For hotels I basically only use priceline, and I use the megabus a fair amount.

Interests are travel (!!), and having fun in life, studying to hopefully work in management in the industry.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I've been here long enough that I should post here...

I'm Emily, I'm in my early 30s and my next birthday is in three weeks. I live in Boston, am still officially registered to vote in Connecticut with a CT driver's license, and my favorite city is Toronto, which explains my location(s). I have no job but I've got a BA in Spanish, MS in Journalism and a paralegal certificate. I'm searching for one this week, I swear. I like reading, writing, skiing, roller-blading, sewing, painting, photography, blogging/paper journaling, languages, music (both performing and listening) and travel.

As I just said, I love to travel, but I definitely don't travel as much as most of this board, and I also get (more specifically, my parents get) most of my airline tickets for the cheapest price available - that's how I ended up travelling to Paris in April through Dublin. My AAdvantage account says I've been a member since September 3, 1984, but I think that's because it swallowed up my TWA Aviators account. I'm also statusless on Delta but am happy about SkyMiles Shopping. I have empty accounts on United, USAirways and Continental, as far as I know.

My screenname comes from my favorite song by my favorite band, "Long Way Back Home" by Barenaked Ladies.

Last edited by longwaybackhome; Jan 10, 2010 at 8:30 pm
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:03 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Hi All,

Work in the entertainment industry here in Japan. Last year, I flew all the TPACs in the UA system expect NRT-IAD...hopefully will get a chance to do that one this year.

Did some big things last year...looking to do some even bigger entertainment-related things this year!

-uchuuace
Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:12 am

Programs: AA, UA, HH
Hi All...

Name's Alexa and I'm from Boston. I started traveling 3 years ago when I first went to visit a friend studying abroad in India. Since then I've traveled to the Middle East, North Africa and a few countries in Europe. I don't have the status yet because I don't travel often enough (read I need more $$ in my pocket..LOL) and didn't enroll in the miles programs the first time I traveled, but I'm getting there with almost 70k in my AA account. Working now as a DA with hopes of going off to get my DMD sometime soon. Don't know what else to say, so signing off...so nice to read about all the other members of this awesome forum!
Old Jan 12, 2010, 6:34 am

Programs: Intercontinental Royal Ambassador
Name. Brendan
From. Melbourne, Australia
Occupation. Student - Psychology Major
Interests/ Hobbies. Travelling, Field Hockey, Swimming, Photography

^
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: DL FO/DSC, HH Silver, Avis First
New to the Boards

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hello. These boards look awesome and I look forward to being a part of the community.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 5:29 am
Founder of FlyerTalk

We're very glad you are here and love your positive comments about getting involved with the community.

Again welcome and see you online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.