Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

In flight meetings

In flight meetings

Old Mar 18, 02, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
Mini-skirt, drooooooooooooool,

Leg warmers have to be in contrasting hot pink, and you need a nice blue headband to complete the look.

If you were to do that, I would make a special trip to Boston!

Old Mar 18, 02, 9:58 am

Matt,

Oh Boy!! Back in the day, I had an outfit pretty similar to that. The scary thing is...I thought it looked GREAT!! YIKES!!!
Old Mar 18, 02, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Dawn,

I bet you looked great in that garb. You say you have blonde hair as well, but did you have the tight blonde perm as well?

I work with someone who is in her late 30's, who still dresses in 80's clothes now! I go to the gym with her once a week, and she looks like Olivia Newton John!

[This message has been edited by Matthew Vandamm (edited 03-18-2002).]
Old Mar 18, 02, 10:27 am

Matt,

I am sure I looked like an idiot.
Nope!! Never had the perm (Thank Goodness) However I did speak Valley Girl.

I saw someone at the gym the other day with the 80's stuff on. I felt like I had gone back in time.

[This message has been edited by pointsgirl (edited 03-18-2002).]
Old Mar 18, 02, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I still love wearing 80s clothing though I've substituted more black for my original neon minis.

And what is it with polka dot miniskirts....I still have mine and I find it very good for travel (black polka dots of course!). So I'm either in all black or the black polka dots with the yellow tag on my carryon and computer bag. So please say hi if you pass me.
Old Mar 18, 02, 10:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Analise:
And what is it with polka dot miniskirts....I still have mine and I find it very good for travel (black polka dots of course!). </font>
Black is good, but mine were anything but black. I am talking neon green, hot pink, bright blue. I even wore the jelly shoes. I really looked like a box of crayons threw up on me

Old Mar 18, 02, 11:00 am

I can so identify with your crayon analogy! I used to have an outfit which consisted of a hot pink knit mini skirt and shocking turquoise, hot pink, and bright yellow rainbow sweater. You saw me from miles away I imagine.
Old Mar 18, 02, 11:24 am

Fer shure!

------------------
The perfect ladies' man is a perfect gentleman.
Old Mar 18, 02, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Wow, with the two outfits just described, I am surprised I don't see you guys as I pass over the northeast from the air!

Certainly, if you are wearing outfits that bright and I am on the same flight as you, your outfits will outshine the luggage tag!

Why do you buy clothes, that we know full well will look dumb in 10-15 years?!?
Old Mar 18, 02, 1:01 pm

I always have FT tag hanging out.

I hope to meet another FT'er soon.

------------------
TANSTAAFL - but if you work it right, FF miles comes pretty close.
Old Mar 18, 02, 1:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Vandamm:

Certainly, if you are wearing outfits that bright and I am on the same flight as you, your outfits will outshine the luggage tag!</font>
I wore those bright colors in the 80s, not now! I now prefer black---much more subtle for my tastes these days.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Why do you buy clothes, that we know full well will look dumb in 10-15 years?!?</font>
Oh to have such foresight would be a dream come true. But the styles of the times do change.

Old Mar 18, 02, 2:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Matthew Vandamm:
Why do you buy clothes, that we know full well will look dumb in 10-15 years?!?</font>
I USED to wear outfits like that. You would not catch me wearing anything of the sort now. As a side note, I am sure anything I have in my closet now will make me look dumb several years from now. Women's fashions change very quickly.

Old Mar 18, 02, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

I found a pic of me the other week when I was at school in '92. We were on an exchange to Paris, and I was wearing blue levis, and a black T-Shirt, along with Timberland boots. Jenn as freaked, as I was wearing blue jeans, black T-Shirt, and the same Timberlands a week ago!

The less said about my frilly shirt and red leather boots the better!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: