Wiki Posts
Search

In flight meetings

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2002, 3:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt
In flight meetings

Might be a dumb question, and it may have even been posted before, but I am a going to ask anyway.

How do I increase my chances of meeting a fellow FT'er on my travels? I have the luggage tags on every bag, but still I am yet to meet another poster to this board.

Now I know the natural habitat for an FT'er is an airport, so how/where do I find you guys.

I thought the idea of a facial tattoo a little severe!
Old Mar 12, 2002, 3:19 am

Fly to SIN!
Old Mar 12, 2002, 3:25 am
mjm
Original Member

My guess is your odds will significantly increase the last couple days of May and first few days of June in and out of ORD.

By the way in answer to your question in that thread, Yes! Come. A great way to start your FT Do experiences.

See you in ORD,

Mike
Old Mar 12, 2002, 6:03 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
One idea:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/001505.html
Old Mar 12, 2002, 6:31 am
geo1004

Other than attending a FT gathering, the luggage tags are your best bet. I have been looking for them for three years now (both the old crappy ones and the wonderful new neon-Priority FT tags. Finally, after three years, I had my first FT encounter.

While sitting in the US Airways Club at PHL waiting for my AMS flight... mileshound walked right up and sat down ten feet away. It was great.

Old Mar 12, 2002, 1:23 pm

I'm addicted to FT enough. Where do I get some FT tags?
Old Mar 12, 2002, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Other thoughts:

- Post your itineraries in appropriate month's thread in the FT Itineraries forum. Quite a few of us scan those for people who will be around the same airports we will.

- If you have a long layover or overnight stay, post a message here as to where you'll be and when.

In either case, make sure your e-mail link works.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just listen to your surroundings....

Let me explain. I was in the EWR PC near gate 95 waiting for my plane to MAD on Feb 14. I sat at the bar reading a magazine while I awaited my flight. A gentleman sits next to me, orders a drink, and starts talking in great detail with the bartender about how great the PC is compared with other airlines' clubs. I was actually impressed with how much the bartender knew. But this man sitting next to me was just a fount of information.

I just knew that he had to be a FTer. So I asked and sure enough he was. He's from Ft Myers and for the life of me, I cannot remember his name. So Mr. Anonymous, if you are reading this post, please remind me who you are because I completely enjoyed speaking with you! Thanks for keeping me company Plus I wanted to share with you that CO upgraded me to BF even though I'm a lowly Silver who purchased a Q fare.

So Matthew, just listen to the conversations around you....if the passengers sound even remotely bright, you can bet that they are Flyer Talkers.

[This message has been edited by Analise (edited 03-12-2002).]
Old Mar 12, 2002, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just recently onboard:

zrs70: Luggage Tag

chemist661: Overheard the word "FlyerTalk" in a conversation.

Michael P.: Luggage Tag (no FT handle, just a big time lurker...see they are out there and even use the Luggage Tags!)

Old Mar 12, 2002, 4:13 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
I was recognized from photos from the FT gatherings, plus the many elite tags on my laptop bag....
Old Mar 12, 2002, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just got my luggage tags last week.

I never realized how big they are, it's like 30 inches long. I'd be more surprised by anyone missing the tag than anyone catching me with it!

d
Old Mar 12, 2002, 9:09 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I have always wondered what might happen at an airport if you did a page asking that "Mr. or Ms. Flyertalk meet your party at xxxxx"
Old Mar 12, 2002, 9:57 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
I would love to get those flyertalk bag tags!!!
Old Mar 13, 2002, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BoulderHyattHopper:
I would love to get those flyertalk bag tags!!!</font>
http://www.flyertalk.com/storefr.shtml

Old Mar 14, 2002, 8:15 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
love the FT tags. Was at a small US regional airport and the security guy I am sure wanted to open and check my bag... I was standing in front of him waiting quietly.. then he saw the FT tag, picked it up, examined it... smiled at me and said "here you go, sir"

Seemed to do much more for my "security status" with him than the UA 1K tag!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Ansett Australia: In memory of "One of the world's great airlines"
Feb 17, 1936 - March 4, 2002. R.I.P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.