Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

SFO Dinner - Sat. March 16

Old Feb 19, 2002, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.

I'm coming to SFO with my father for the weekend 3/15 - 3/17. Would anyone be available for dinner on Saturday, 3/16 (My father will be busy). I'm staying at the SFO Westin, and I will not have a car.

Any type of food is fine with me, so I'm open to suggestions. Let's try to keep it in the $20-$30 range though

final dinner plans...
Basil Thai - 1175 Folsom St
Reservation for 7:00pm under Mark.

[This message has been edited by markbach (edited 03-14-2002).]
Old Feb 19, 2002, 10:50 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
I'm up for dinner.

Old Feb 19, 2002, 11:04 pm

I could probably make it too. Will have to double check as the date gets closer. Are you staying at the St. Francis or the Palace?
Old Feb 19, 2002, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BingoSF:
I could probably make it too. Will have to double check as the date gets closer. Are you staying at the St. Francis or the Palace?</font>

The one right next to the airport. My father's meeting is there, so they booked it for him.
Old Feb 19, 2002, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA 1.5MM & RC of an employee, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Mark too bad I will not be in town that weekend. I’ll be in SAN for another FT dinner. Enjoy SF and let me know if if you need help with anything. It is too bad you are staying at the airport without a car as public transport outside the city is not very good.

------------------
The world is a book, and for those who do not travel, read only a page.
-Saint Augustine
Old Feb 20, 2002, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
ChanelCinq - I'll be in Toronto when you're in San Diego that weekend... drat!
Old Feb 27, 2002, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

just a bump...anyone else interested?
Old Feb 27, 2002, 10:12 pm

So far so good. But that's not new news, is it? Well, thought I'd update
Old Feb 28, 2002, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Hmmmm.... Maybe. Unless I happen to be in PHL!

Kathy
Old Feb 28, 2002, 7:04 am
Suspended

Location: Promoted to Chairman of the Most Wonderful Continental Airlines Highly Valuable OnePass Program Security and Ideological Purity Bureau
I might be able to make this one, since I can come in from SYD in the AM and leave for ATL in the PM without an overnight. This all depends, however, on the good (for nothing) people at the CO Partner Rewards Desk...
Old Mar 10, 2002, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Just another bump - we're one week out, I guess we should pick a place and time. How about In 'N Out Burger?

Looks like we have 3 confirmed (me, kluau88, and BingoSF) and a couple of maybes (KathyWdrf, avek00, and my dad (he decided he might come with us instead)).
Old Mar 11, 2002, 1:05 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Surprisingly I'm off on 3/16. Therefore lunch or dinner works for me.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:37 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Mark,

Sorry I'm going to be out of town that weekend. I'd love to be able to join you on your night out on the town. I'll have to take a raincheck on this one old boy.

Bob
Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by danville 1K:
Sorry I'm going to be out of town that weekend. I'd love to be able to join you on your night out on the town. I'll have to take a raincheck on this one old boy.</font>
Oh well...guess I'll have to see your gun collection on the next trip. Or maybe you need to come back out here. I got a big plate of gassy mexican waiting for you.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Ok, folks, someone pick a place. I know San Francisco has some of the best ethnic food in the world, so hows about either Mexican, Chinese, or sushi.

If no one else knows of a good place, the traditional chinese place I go to in SF is called "Potstickers" in Chinatown. That's fine with me unless someone else as other recommendations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.