Wiki Posts
Search

Direct Question for Ozstamps.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2000, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Direct Question for Ozstamps.

Ozstamps:
As someone who has never sought to participate in a flame war, and who has tried to be a moderating voice on this forum, I hope that this is taken NOT as an attack, but as a serious and direct question.

Some serious accusations have been made in several different threads, specifically, accusing you and Janejet of being one and the same person. These accusations have consistently been left unanswered by you.

I treat this as a serious charge, as part of what gives FT the credibility to have earned a Freddie is the seriousness with which many regard their integrity and reputation.

I therefore ask you directly, "Have you posted to this forum under the guise of Janejet?"

Please don't get started "parsing", disecting and redefining what the meaning of the word "is" is. A simple, "YES" or "NO answer is requested. Quite frankly, anything else is simply noise.

As difficult as an admission may be, I suspect it will be FAR more difficult in the long run if this question is left unanswered.

If the answer is no, then please say so, so that we can MOVE ON.

Ignoring this message will certainly imply the answer (akin to a defendant asserting his US Constitutional 5th amendment rights against self-incrimination) - but in my opinion, will make moving on that much difficult if not impossible, and will, I believe, irreparably harm your reputation among your supporters.

We await your reply.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Dec 4, 2000, 4:48 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
From what I know (which may not be much) there have been many instances of persons posting under multiple handles.

What about those times when we have a slew of fake people hassling doc?

Is this different now? Maybe...I don't know...really, I don't.

Just curious why all this pressure hasn't been applied before...or maybe it has?

Dorian

p.s. for the record I am strongly against multiple handles

------------------
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel recommendations: http://www.flyersplaces.com
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html
Old Dec 4, 2000, 6:00 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Jon: I think that silence to this point is completely incriminating. Now the stakes are higher, and the incentive for a lie may be compelling. I don't believe that anything that the philatelist says can be given any credence. If s/he had said "no, you're under a misapprehension" at an earlier point, I might have been willing to cut the poster a little slack (not to the actual point of talking to him/her).

I've seen places where some of the people have personae. Sometimes, the way to go is to live and let live. I recently talked to one of our more eminent flyertalkers, who advised that the whole thing be viewed as a bit of a comedy. But when the issues become the posting of large quantities of false information admixed with the true and the attempted takedown of some of the pillars of the board, then the only sensible response is, "What, never? No, never." "What, never? Well, no, never."
Old Dec 4, 2000, 7:27 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL Silver, TSA Harassee
The silence is deafening.

Jon,

Sadly, I must compare your question to the act of asking OJ if he killed Nicole and Ron.

Dorian,

The difference this time is that the member accused of creating Multiple Personalities was a vocal critic of the practice.

S/he also insinuated as to knowledge of the true identities of notsonewhere and other "MP's" under the "Real" handle, yet allegedly used the "JaneJet" handle to accuse Premex of being notsonewhere. IMO, this is an act of cowardice.

Edited for poor typing.

[This message has been edited by CameraGuy (edited 12-04-2000).]
Old Dec 4, 2000, 1:51 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I rarely read "Community" (hope I have not been accused and convicted of something here). Why not simply send an email in this case?

I will agree with Dorian. There have been in the past FTers who made up multiple handles to personally attack doc (and also ozstamps I think). Why was the issue of integrity and reputation not raised then?

[This message has been edited by PG (edited 12-04-2000).]
Old Dec 4, 2000, 6:01 pm
BIM

I raise this only in terms of being fair, as I remain neutral in this discussion...

What if Ozstamps is on holiday, or his PC is down? What is the criteria by which a fair chance to respond is judged?
Old Dec 4, 2000, 7:36 pm

Ozstamps posted on 12/04 in the Randy Petersen forum, so I guess the PC is not broken!
Old Dec 4, 2000, 8:23 pm

Notsonewhere, the more I think about you concealing your identity, the more it stinks. It seems quite hypocritical. You claim to have noble intentions (and I am not disputing that), yet you feel no reason to hold yourself to a higher standard than you accuse ozstamps of holding himself to. Set an example and reveal your true identity.
Old Dec 5, 2000, 1:35 am

Programs: No status anymore. Former CO PLT, NW PLT, AS MVP
motnot, I concur with your opinion.

I will say, for the record, that if PremEx says that he's not Notsonewhere (does that make him new here? ), then he's not.

There's a very limited set of fake identities that I consider to be acceptable. arturo is certainly one of them, as he (usually) has a wonderful contribution of flavor to the board.

I have never approved of fake identities that were created to flame people while hiding behind a mask. In my opinion, they are as much a poison to this board as are the people who flame while not hiding behind a mask.

Enough soapboxing for now. I'll start shadowboxing instead. Shadow, is that OK with you?
Old Dec 5, 2000, 2:13 am

Violist: "I'm hardly ever sick at sea..."
Old Dec 5, 2000, 6:23 am

Old Dec 5, 2000, 7:46 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
There are a couple of related questions that I have:

1) What is the identity (or identities) of Dr. Pfp, and various pfp clones? I have received private email from an old timer who said that he uncovered the identity.

2) Who came first - notsonewhere or janejet? While I do not approve of false identities in either case, it makes a difference which came to life first.

[This message has been edited by PG (edited 12-05-2000).]
Old Dec 5, 2000, 7:56 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
PG: I disagree. Notsonewhere (which, btw, is NOT me) is clearly a tool of an established flyertalker.

janejet et. al. are works of pure fiction, conceived and executed for the sole purpose of deceiving flyertalkers into thinking that these people not only existed with fictitous details of their lives fabricated and shared but that they held certain views which not conincidentally did Oz's bidding...

While I'm no fan of fake id's and also think notsonewhere ought to go, they are TOTALLY DIFFERENT, imho...
Old Dec 5, 2000, 8:49 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
ALL 2nd, 3rd, 4th...etc. handles are acts of cowardice. Those without email addresses are barely a rung above.

Whomever 'owns' all these various handles...including the PFP crap...should come clean. Makes me sick to see such things...ALL OF YOU WITH FAKE handles...shame on you. POND SCUM.

Dorian!!!!

------------------
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel recommendations: http://www.flyersplaces.com
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html
Old Dec 5, 2000, 9:35 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
PG: As a matter of fact, I did yesterday morning, politely asking ozstamps to handle the matter in a responsible way. So far, no response, either private or public.

[This message has been edited by dgolds (edited 12-05-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.