Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
Santa has an off topic question.....

After the holidays, I want to surprise the hubby with a trip to Disney. With the recent death and dealing with friends, it has been a tough time for us.

I will have an Annual Pass.... but not finding an reasonable accommodation. We are usually out of room by 8 am and do not return until very late.... so do not need "resort" type accomodations.... does anyone have any recommendations for Orlando FL options from Jan 6-14, 2018?

Please private message... and sorry for the off topic request.
Sent a PM about this - I know you're getting lots of PMs for the elves so just a heads up to look for it!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
After taking last year off, I'm looking forward to this year's. Now no one be a grinch and forget to send your gifts out!
Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:40 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update:

1. Post #2 updated with all participants thus far who have submitted information.

2. I still have twelve first time participants who have not confirmed to my message... failure to do that will mean you are not in the festivities.

3. You still have a few hours to get your information to me before I start assigning Santas.

4. Final reminder.... I am still getting people requesting me as a Santa. As I have indicated, I am not getting assigned to anyone... I do not participate to having to spend money to help out people who do not get gifts from their assigned Santas.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Assignments received! Let the games begin
Tpa-flyer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
*temples fingers together a la Mr. Burnes*

Exxxxxcelllent......

Seriously, all but one of my recipients gave me good stuff to work with!! I've already formulated ideas about what people will get. Also- good job to Santa to give me people who like stuff I kind of know about. One person has me scratching my head- but I'll figure it all out!

I'd ask if wharvey did that on accident, but he did say everything Santa does is intentional, so...

I love this time of year!
Redhead likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:47 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Chief Santa Update!

I just finished sending out all assignments. If you signed up by yesterday and/or responded yesterday to any followup messages, you are in.

Few things:

1. Verify that you received the number of assignments you expected. If you did not, let me know as soon as possible.

2. I could not meet all your requests/demands. Several of you requested the same people, so I had to take some decisions. Also, I did what I could with all your requests/restrictions.

3. As I have indicated several times but apparently was missed: I am not an option for a Santa assignment.... I no longer participate personally. I end out helping out what Santa are delinquent and that costs adds up... especially for the unemployed!

4. For my regulars, if you want additional assignments let me know... I can already use more... especially if you are willing to ship internationally.

5. Please ensure you read the entire message I sent and follow the guidelines!

6. HAVE FUN!
Tpa-flyer and yunicorner like this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
SO excited! I've already bought one gift - I was quickly inspired and I hope my giftee likes it! Ready to start shopping for the others.
Tpa-flyer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
post stalking shall commence.
Tpa-flyer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:28 pm

Hey, HeadElf!

Got my assignments, gonna need some help. How soon does the Head Elf come on duty?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
And, we're off and running! It's fun already and my Santee suggested a very nice variety of interest areas for gift giving so this should be a very enjoyable endeavor. I read over my Santee's list, went to a few websites, ordered funsy stuff, and as soon as my purchases arrive, I'll gift wrap them and post them in plenty of time. Such a nice way to jumpstart the season!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Underway!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Woohoo! Let the shopping begin!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Woohoo! Let the shopping begin!
How do you shop for someone who wrote "Surprise me" for
i. Some facts about yourself?

We've been doing a lot of work with foster cats lately, we might really surprise somebody!
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I have my assignment. I love all the details I was given, but I want to think a minute because this person gave some good descriptions of what they like. And since I'm going on a trip in the near future, I may be able to score something better there than what I can find here. At least, for one thing...

This is fun already! Thanks so much for organizing this for everyone!!!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Every year I participate in this, I rack my brain trying to find gifts that match my Santee's (is that even a word?) preferences. Every year I've participated, I've only signed up for one exchange.

This year I signed up for three, and have all of my shopping done already, only a few hours after receiving the assignments

One gave me a lot to go on, and I was able to find a niche item to send.
The second one was very up front about what they wanted, so it was quite easy (I love it!)
The third one gave me a bit of difficulty as I had a lot to work with, but because I will be shipping the gifts internationally, I had less choices as to what I could feasibly ship to another country (with size and possibly disallowed contents being the main obstacles)

All I have to do now is pick up greeting cards tomorrow and I'll pretty much be all done! (well, besides waiting to receive the items from the merchants so that I can re-ship them out for the international Santee)
Tpa-flyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.