Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum; United 1MM, 1K
Very cool gifts have arrived. My secret Santa hit the mark with a kick ... magnetic waterproof container, very funny log book… book, and a perfect coffee cup. I can’t say it’s my first geocaching coffee cup, but sure is the first to combine my two favorite hobbies… Beer and Geocaching. The magnets on the container are amazing and it’s the perfect size… small. Either my SS knows about Geocaching or did a great job researching what my hobbies are and picking gifts very well.

Well done, Santa. Well Done.

TYFTSS (Thank You FT Secret Santa!)

jamesteroh likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
I will hopefully be able to send mine this week! It's been really hectic (more than originally thought). But I'm about halfway there ^.^

My gift came today and I'm super happy with everything. I'm in the midst of travel chaos - a new place each week for me so I've been trying to figure out food the next few days so glad I ended up with ridiculously tasty snacks (including what looks like an incredible blue cheese - I know most people aren't into blue, but lucky me, I am!) Also got a sushi candle which was met with a fun squeak of delight. I'll post some photos when I'm not at the office cramming in the last few days of work.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:24 am

Got my santa gifts!
A set of 2 stainless steel pans, an Evoo olive oil dispenser and an oven thermometer.
thanks santa.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
My last secret santa gifts have been shipped and both my Giftees have shown there presents and seem to be happy!

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Dec 14, 2017 at 12:28 am
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Gold, Marriott Platinum
package #2

Thanks Bergamini for this very unexpected surprise yesterday! Yeah, some Wisconsin cheese would really look good on this.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received another package from Amazon today from one of my secret santas. A book of 100 piano solos and a lot of the songs are from Broadway shows (my favorite genre of music) and I was really excited when I looked at the table of contents to see the song "Crazy World" from Victor/Victoria is one of the songs in the book, Victor/Victoria is one of my favorite musicals
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
Originally Posted by sweetcreamytea
Thanks Bergamini for this very unexpected surprise yesterday! Yeah, some Wisconsin cheese would really look good on this.
I miss Wisconsin something fierce, moved from Kenosha to Georgia for work, being in between 2 Hubs an hr away was fantastic for flight options. the cheese is second to none, true cheese curds are the best thing to happen ever, but you need to let them get to room temp so they squeak when you bite into them
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by iMedic

A big thank you to Canforce for his great presents!
While i like I pretend I have total self control I couldn’t stop myself from opening them almost immediately!

I look forward to trying the scotch tonight while reading through the Scotch Handbook.

the presents even caught the interest of Prosecco, one of my cats!
What an amazing gift! I'm just getting into scotch/whisky/bourbon within the past year or so.
For scotch, I like Laphroaig the best. Found a bottle of PX on St. Maarten for $70 the other year. Apparently, that was a steal of a price?

Anyway, I find I enjoy that smokey/peaty flavor most. So for instance, while most people prefer JW blue- I like double black because to me it's more peaty.

When you open the John Barr, can you come back and let us know what the flavor profile was?

Last edited by sperkins921; Dec 12, 2017 at 7:03 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sweetcreamytea
You gots to flip that around. The peninsula should be on the right.
bergamini likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 12:59 am
In Memoriam

Gift Received

Shutterbugguy here, thanks to my Secret Santa for Gift #2 , sent via amazon prime shipping from the USA to Hong Kong. Three gift bags inside, which my wife and I will wait to open. Thank you for the gifts! Not sure who sent this, as the Amazon package didn't have any sender identification other than Flyertalk Secret Santa.

Much thanks to the giver!
Shutterbugguy
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Here we have
1. Bottarga di tonno from Italy
2. German Christmas chocolate with cinnamon
3. Mulling spices from Gloucestershire, UK
4. Sushi candle from Japan (!)
5. Seaweed wheat biscuits (crackers) from Gloucestershire, UK
6. A big block of Bledington Blue cheese, also from Gloucestershire, UK

I'm mostly excited about the cheese and the candle and the chocolate and the crackers and the - okay, yeah I like it all! So, I'm super happy! I think most of because it was addressed to me as Dr while I'm still still working on my PhD while living in 3 countries simultaneously. So everything is from all over the place just like me.

Can't wait to send mine!

Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:14 am
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by shutterbugguy
Shutterbugguy here, thanks to my Secret Santa for Gift #2 , sent via amazon prime shipping from the USA to Hong Kong. Three gift bags inside, which my wife and I will wait to open. Thank you for the gifts! Not sure who sent this, as the Amazon package didn't have any sender identification other than Flyertalk Secret Santa.

Decided to open these tonight, as we will be travelling back to the USA next week. Wonderful gifts! Because I like to build things (I am a teacher in a Middle-High School MakerSpace and Design Teacher), the 1-2-3 Blocks and accessories will be well-used as an excellent tool for me and my students. And my wife, who is an art teacher to nearly 500 students, loves the beautiful ceramic pair of cups and saucers! Thank you so much!

Shutterbugguy
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: Everything
Tea cups are gorgeous!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AA ExPlat | UA Gld | DL Gld
Excited, finally got to ship my gifts to my SS. After busy weeks of travel, spent almost whole month of Nov in New Zealand.
Love seeing everyone's gift, hope they like it and post pics.

- PanDaSoPink
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:46 pm

Those teacups are gorgeous!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.