Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:32 pm

Glad you liked it FlyingCow!! Naughty opening before Christmas
I sent a package last year to the Ukraine and I don't think it ever made it.
Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas!
FlyingCow likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

So.......looks like I got gifts from 2 Santa’s today! I thought that the Amazon box that had arrived was something that I ordered. Instead, I unboxed the goods and discovered that they were for me! Who kmew that Amazon had cool gift bags and tags?

Inside the festive bags, I found a yummy assortment of teas from Tea Forte and body butter from The Body Shop that smells amazing! Thanks very much, Secret Santa Deds1!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:37 pm

Managed to basically walk right into the USPS driver on my way back home from work and found a fantastic package from sweetcreamytea! The package contained a number of wrapped goodies (and a papyrus card, for those of us keeping track of stationary). Needless to say I pulled a kipper and unwrapped a Versace men's gift set (shampoo + shower gel + eau de toilette), a key organizer, a merino scarf, a chocolate orange, a stylus, some waffle snacks, and a lovely-looking taiwanese oolong tea! Looking forward to using everything! Thanks so much!

Old Dec 2, 2017, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by steveman518
Managed to basically walk right into the USPS driver on my way back home from work and found a fantastic package from sweetcreamytea! The package contained a number of wrapped goodies (and a papyrus card, for those of us keeping track of stationary). Needless to say I pulled a kipper and unwrapped a Versace men's gift set (shampoo + shower gel + eau de toilette), a key organizer, a merino scarf, a chocolate orange, a stylus, some waffle snacks, and a lovely-looking taiwanese oolong tea! Looking forward to using everything! Thanks so much!
LOL! I just had to explain to my husband why I was laughing so much!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Shout out to Catherine (MappingChick) for the very appropriate gift just received! Being a traditionalist!I prefer for wait until Christmas to open and will report back then. Appreciate the personalization given my new little one.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
Stop worrying. You'll hear from Santa if there are any issues. Now leave the boss alone. He's busy. T - 23 days.
not worried at all- just double checking. Outside of the required contact for gift updates, I’ve left him alone.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K
This was my first time participating and I am stressed because my giftee has yet to acknowledge receipt of the gift here on Flyertalk! I know it was delivered on Thursday. Is this normal?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Micp3208
This was my first time participating and I am stressed because my giftee has yet to acknowledge receipt of the gift here on Flyertalk! I know it was delivered on Thursday. Is this normal?
Unfortunately not all participants acknowledge anything here. Last year only a fraction of giftees made any notation on here half the fun is reading reactions and seeibg the stuff people get
Old Dec 3, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kauppias
Unfortunately not all participants acknowledge anything here. Last year only a fraction of giftees made any notation on here half the fun is reading reactions and seeibg the stuff people get
^This

plus, a lot of people aren’t on daily or even weekly. I’ve only had acknowledgement of one part of one of my gifts even though more have been delivered so don’t feel bad! For myself, I’m a traditionalist, so I will say I got a box from this company and on each post remind my sender that I don’t open until Christmas. But, I do come back and post pics and comments. I know it’s hard, esp if it’s your first time, but try not to feel bad about it and try not to let it color your experience.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:24 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I do not normally respond to your messages if they followed the process.... that would be too much and I try to not fill up mailboxes unnecessarily.

Originally Posted by sperkins921
I've been keeping Santa updated, but I'm going to assume (although I guess I shouldn't) that due the sheer number of us vs poor Santa that we should consider it normal if we get no response? I've finished three presents with four and five going out next week and I've kept him updated, but no response. I thought that was normal and didn't worry, but now I'm wondering if I need to resend or something?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:26 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Well, Head Santa got some very disturbing private messages over the past week. I was called "RUDE" for requesting twice that the person complete the registration properly. He refused twice to provide an email address and mailing address. Guess he wanted to be a truly SECRET Santa.

Have to admit, it was the first time I have been so insulted..... one of the reasons I question doing this year after year.

And another reason I have chosen to not personally participate each year... even though I have sent out two gifts for delinquent Santas for the last 11 years.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by wharvey
Well, Head Santa got some very disturbing private messages over the past week. I was called "RUDE" for requesting twice that the person complete the registration properly. He refused twice to provide an email address and mailing address. Guess he wanted to be a truly SECRET Santa.
Have to wonder how he expected to participate without providing an address. Might be an issue for the mods - see if his account is trolling in other ways, too.

Have to admit, it was the first time I have been so insulted..... one of the reasons I question doing this year after year.
The rest of us love you!

Last edited by CDTraveler; Dec 3, 2017 at 1:25 pm
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop

And another reason I have chosen to not personally participate each year... even though I have sent out two gifts for delinquent Santas for the last 11 years.
If you ask me, I would have deleted the screen name from Secret Santa. You do a yeomans job coordinating secret Santa. ^
​​​​​​​What a shame there are a few posters that ruin it.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K

I guess I would have offered to not match him. There is an expectation of providing information so that the gifts can actually get to someone. I'm all about naming and shaming though, I realize that won't actually happen.

Keep your chin up. And I think this is why people ask to get you for their secret Santa, even if you don't reciprocate.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Here's my stuff, thanks Santa!

Since it's Italian, there were of course Fragile (fra-GEEL-ay) stickers on the box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.