Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Hmmm, put me down as a possible ... if I can find a reasonable way to make this "on my way to Nurnberg," well then I'm in!
What she said. This might be a good use of some of my Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
What she said. This might be a good use of some of my Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
Oh right! I forgot to update this thread! I am confirmed with a ticket YVR-SYD - not sure how I am getting to the NUE Do, but hotels are booked there, so it seems there will be an intercontinental contingent at both Dos.

I gave up on finding a reasonable route and am now cobbling a desirable route bit by bit.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Please move me to Platinum
restlessinRNO and krazykanuck like this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Please move me to Platinum
Sadly, I have had to make a choice between the Sunshine Coast, QLD and the NEU DO, and I have chosen the former (despite my interest in the Middle Ages).
kpc, JohnSydney2000, QF WP and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
When did like buttons end up on Flyertalk.

Add me to Gold and I will know closer to the time whether I will be able to attend, its actually harder to get to the Sunshine Coast from the Gold Coast than it did to get from the Gold Coast to Newcastle.

And nice that restlessinRNO has his priorities right, but not sure why he can't do both,
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
When did like buttons end up on Flyertalk
A few weeks ago without much real input. IB seems to have nothing better to do:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugge...-9-august.html
Old Sep 7, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
I managed to snag a saver business class award ticket on UA's new flight from IAH to SYD, so please upgrade me to Platinum. Right now, I'm arriving 24 May at 06:10. If saver award availability opens up, I may adjust my flights, but at least I have a bird in hand. Next up is finding SQ Suites award space from SYD to FRA, so I can make the NUE Do, too. I'm looking forward to a return to OZ.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
I managed to snag a saver business class award ticket on UA's new flight from IAH to SYD, so please upgrade me to Platinum. Right now, I'm arriving 24 May at 06:10. If saver award availability opens up, I may adjust my flights, but at least I have a bird in hand. Next up is finding SQ Suites award space from SYD to FRA, so I can make the NUE Do, too. I'm looking forward to a return to OZ.
I got saver southbound. I am still in shock that IAH-SYD is being added.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
Can you please mark me as gold, am keen to go, need to make arrangements though.

Last edited by Perk; Sep 11, 2017 at 1:30 am
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Just booked a Qantas business class award routing with arrival into BNE on May 23, so I'm confirmed. I'm using Alaska miles for this (25,000 miles less than the same flights with AA miles).

Will probably do around 10 days on the ground in Australia. Might do two nights in Mooloolaba, where I have stayed before, on the trip back down to Brisbane, if anyone is interested in joining me there - just a question whether it will be Sun/Mon or Mon/Tues. It's about a 90 min bus trip south and service seems to run every hour, so could leave late afternoon Sunday from Noosa and make it there, depending on the Sunday OzFest itinerary.
Bundy Bear, serfty and mattm199 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:04 pm

For those hanging around in Oz for a while, please consider a visit to Longreach (LRE), which has QantasLink flights from BNE and is the founding site of Qantas. Has museum with old 747 and 707, also Outback/Stockman's Hall of Fame.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JohnK
Any early thoughts as to what is likely to be hotel central?
Any thoughts? Noosa? Caloundra?

Agoda has a nice special with Amex of spend $300 get $60 back which expires 10 October.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Hasn't Noosa been confirmed for OzFest? Don't think Caloundra will work for that.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:57 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Post 1
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend
Friday May 25, Saturday May 26, Sunday May 27, 2018.

There have been 14 successful Oz Fests so far - in Sydney, (twice) Brisbane, Melbourne, Hobart Tasmania, Cairns, Adelaide South Australia, Darwin Northern Territory, Canberra in the ACT, Perth, Alice Springs and Ayers Rock/Uluru – “The Red Centre” in 2014, New Zealand in 2015, the Gold Coast, QLD in 2016 and Newcastle, NSW in 2017.

Democracy rules supreme with all Oz Fest’s, and after discussions at Oz Fest 14 and several group emails with Itsalongwaydown, Ozflygirl747, serfty, QF WP, JessicaTam, and Mwenenzi Noosa on the Sunshine Coast, north of Brisbane, Queensland has been chosen.

The location Noosa in Sunshine Coast, Queensland, of which, for the benefit of our overseas members is shown in the map linked below and is an easy 1½ hour (150km) drive north of Brisbane along the Bruce Highway. Connections to the nearest airport is Sunshine Coast Airport (MCY) are plentiful from SYD and MEL. VA, JQ and QF fly into MCY.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tom911
Hasn't Noosa been confirmed for OzFest? Don't think Caloundra will work for that.
Of course the details are in the OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.