Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Mrs WF and I are interested, but I just looked at the m/hotel prices

Anyone interested in sharing a two bedroom unit at one of the local apartment motels? Probable final decision in January on our side.

Happy wandering
Fred
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Its been ~4 days since the VA Business class mistake fare AKL-US west coast, as long as that sticks, i'm in for the DO. I have AS award J from JFK-LAX and Y+ LAX-BNE departing 5/23. I'm hoping more J opens up and i need to add BNE-AKL leg to catch my return. If i had been paying attention i would had done stopover in BNE for the DO. So i have to fly BNE-AKL-BNE to get home.
JohnSydney2000 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by CDKing
Its been ~4 days since the VA Business class mistake fare AKL-US west coast, as long as that sticks, i'm in for the DO. I have AS award J from JFK-LAX and Y+ LAX-BNE departing 5/23. I'm hoping more J opens up and i need to add BNE-AKL leg to catch my return. If i had been paying attention i would had done stopover in BNE for the DO. So i have to fly BNE-AKL-BNE to get home.
Spoke too soon, seems the VA mistake is not being honored. I do have killer award on the way back and need to get an EY F apartment trip out of the way so still on top of my list.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Success. I was able to manage to upgrade my outbound flights from "crazy" to "ideal". Instead of a 4 segment itinerary wondering the US and via HKG, I was able to get a business class seat on QF 8 DFW-SYD arriving May 23, and business class on QF 1578 SYD-MCY on Thursday the 24th. My route home is pretty wonky but it was booked that way on purpose.
JohnSydney2000 and Calchas like this.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: QF OWE, NZ EP, Le Club Gold, HH Silver
I've got my flights sorted from WLG-BNE-WLG but now need to find a suitable way to get from BNE to Noosa Heads, I land in BNE at 5.15pm on the Friday. Does that line up with anyone else? Then will need to get back to BNE by 7pm on the Sunday.

Also having looked at hotels and grimaced at the prices, I went on Airbnb to look at 2 BDRM places but most seem to have 1 queen and 2 singles rather than 2x Queen/ King. Not the end of the world.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Repeated last year's success in booking bus from the US on FJ, this time with AS miles. Will enjoy a stopover in Fiji, then to MEL on May 16th for a few days of gluttony. Staying with relatives near Nambour around the DO. Departing via Fiji on June 6th. Looking forward to seeing new friends we met last year.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 3:11 pm

Please bump me up to gold for now. There is a good, better than a coin flip probability I'll be able to make this, but certainly not a 100% lock. I took a chance, however, and did book business class award tickets in both directions, with the long-haul segments being AA on the way there and CX on the way back, with AA and AS miles. I'll definitely need to decide for sure one way or another by the end of March, given the refund policy with Alaska award bookings. Anyhow, I'm hoping for the best and currently am scheduled for an arrival to BNE on May 23rd via PDX-LAX-SYD-BNE.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: QFF Platinum
Flying up Friday, staying at Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort for Three nights and flying back to Melbourne on Monday
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish I could make this. I've been in Oz (SYD) since January and haven't had much of a chance to meet Aussie FT'ers....if anyone comes through SYD ever, hit me up!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I wish I could make this. I've been in Oz (SYD) since January and haven't had much of a chance to meet Aussie FT'ers....if anyone comes through SYD ever, hit me up!
If you haven't been in touch with them yet, check out Australian Frequent Flyer (not to be confused with the other AFF) at https://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au . There's a lot of overlap between their membership and the Australian FT contingent, and about a 99 percent overlap in interests if you take some mostly-US concerns away from FT. I was at one of their dinners in Melbourne when I happened to be there at the right time a few years back. A delightful group!

And now back to our regular Oz Fest 15 programming ...
serfty and JessicaTam like this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:25 pm

Hi ozfest, you can move me to platinum.I am booked at the Sofitel Noosa resort for 25 and 26 May.
Fredd and chchkiwi like this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Looking at Noosa Heads Motel as an option. It's closer to the business district at the top of the hill, versus Hastings Street at the bottom, so there would be the walk up and down. 85% of reviewers on Trip Advisor rate it very good or excellent. Current rates running $US115-123 depending on booking site. You can redeem Chase points here which would really make it a bargain for those of us with that currency - less than 8,000 points a night. Reviews:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ueensland.html
Old Dec 9, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Smile Noosa Heads Farmers Market

I visited the area a couple of years ago, stayed on Kawant Island on a home exchange. Its a delightful area!

FTs attending OZ Fest should check out the Noosa Heads Farmers Market. Authenitically OZ!
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by tom911
Looking at Noosa Heads Motel as an option. It's closer to the business district at the top of the hill, versus Hastings Street at the bottom, so there would be the walk up and down. 85% of reviewers on Trip Advisor rate it very good or excellent. Current rates running $US115-123 depending on booking site. You can redeem Chase points here which would really make it a bargain for those of us with that currency - less than 8,000 points a night. Reviews:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ueensland.html
I'm reluctant to book anything non-refundable. Does their policy also apply to points redemptions?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:41 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
They were all non-refundable rates with points. I haven't booked anything yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.