Cow Do XIII (EZE) - Sep 01 to Sep 04, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIII (EZE) - Sep 01 to Sep 04, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I still haven't booked lodging, but Anselmo Curio sounds like the place to be, I'll see what I can find.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:54 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
The Anselmo has developed somewhat of a Cult-Following here on FT....

Originally Posted by Psyduck1
I still haven't booked lodging, but Anselmo Curio sounds like the place to be, I'll see what I can find.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
For those that are open to staying at a non-chain Hotel, and want to have a more "true" Buenos Aires feel, I strongly suggest you consider staying at the Fierro Hotel. It is located in the heart of Palermo, offers nice good sized rooms with all the perks & amenities you could want - with service to match. It is one of the Top Rated Hotels in Buenos Aires on Trip Advisor.

For details, check here: https://fierrohotel.com/
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

BUMP !!!!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Only ~6 weeks away! What are we thinking for Sunday? I'm flying out of EZE around 9pm.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:04 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Only ~6 weeks away! What are we thinking for Sunday? I'm flying out of EZE around 9pm.
I'll be checking out some day trips.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I'll be checking out some day trips.
Feel free to share some ideas!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:28 am

Found these Buquebus one-day package trips to Colonia, cheaper than if just bought a regular RT ticket.

https://www.buquebus.com/english/daytour/fast-ferry
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:41 am

Feel free to share some ideas!
So here is the Trip Advisor "Day trips from Buenos Aires" list:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._District.html

I am definitely up for a day trip to the Tigre Delta and the Unesco World Heritage site of Colonia. Who would be interested? Which trip and on which day? Right now it's wide open for us. Sunday is the day that Gaucho has left open for a day trip... so what's the activity preference? Does anybody have any suggestions besides booking it through Trip Advisor, as shown in the links above?

Both my girlfriend and I are avid (daily) horseback riders, so the gaucho/rancho tour holds some interest if time allows. We will be including Puerto Madryn/Pennisula Valdes and Iguazu Falls on this trip, and are likely to be riding in Puerto Madryn.

Neither of us know very much about wine, so the wine tasting, guided by Gaucho, will be a novel experience.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:30 am

Found these Buquebus one-day package trips to Colonia, cheaper than if just bought a regular RT ticket.

https://www.buquebus.com/english/daytour/fast-ferry
Shall we book this for Sunday? I like to lock things down, so just say the word and I'll book what ever trip you want to go on. We're not picky and are pretty much willing to go with anything you choose. It's all good!

I see that the Delta can be done on half day trips, so we may do this on a different day and be back in time to hook up with the other Cow-do activities.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:54 am

Shall we book this for Sunday? I like to lock things down, so just say the word and I'll book what ever trip you want to go on. We're not picky and are pretty much willing to go with anything you choose. It's all good!

I see that the Delta can be done on half day trips, so we may do this on a different day and be back in time to hook up with the other Cow-do activities.
I would plan on 9am departure and 4pm return, so back at 5pm (in Colonia for 6 hours). Then I can make it to airport for 9pm flight.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:22 am

I would plan on 9am departure and 4pm return, so back at 5pm (in Colonia for 6 hours). Then I can make it to airport for 9pm flight.
Which tour group offers times that work for you?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:31 am

Which tour group offers times that work for you?
Buquebus, as in link above

something like this: https://www.buquebus.com/english/day...ourist-circuit

Plus, looks like it leaves from Puerto Madero, so quite convenient (esp since I stay in Hilton PM when in BA)

Last edited by kirkwoodj; Jul 25, 2017 at 11:42 am Reason: extra info
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Sadly, I won't be able to attend this year.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 4:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I also won't be able to attend this year, fingers crossed for next year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.