Cow Do XIII (EZE) - Sep 01 to Sep 04, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIII (EZE) - Sep 01 to Sep 04, 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: UA, WN, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Last week I completed a six night stay at the Anselmo (Hilton Curio), which was my third stay at this hotel within the past year (including the 2016 Do). Prior to this hotel's opening I had stayed multiple times at the Hilton Puerto Madero. Both are good properties, and both have treated me well as a long time Diamond, but the Anselmo is now my first choice. The rooms are modern/ minimalist design and run a bit smaller than comparable ones at the Puerto Madero location. Staff members are young but well informed and are anxious to please, and the whole place has a hip modern vibe. I find the San Telmo neighborhood much more interesting, and there are lots of restaurants/ bars at various price points in the immediate area. Prices at the Anselmo are generally less than the Hilton Puerto Madero. Both hotels are about the same distance/ cab fare from Do activities in Recoleta, Palermo Soho, etc.

As noted above the Sunday Mercado in Plaza Dorrego and along Defensa shuts down vehicle traffic to the hotel, but walking one block away taxis are readily available. I have never had a problem leaving or returning to the area by cab. There isn't much noise from the market until about 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, but in good weather a milonga sets up in the plaza after the stalls have been removed and dancing goes on until ????. Saturday night can be noisy as well, so it may be a good idea to book a room that does not face the plaza directly.
Old May 7, 2017, 6:34 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Excellent report, thanks for sharing !!!

Anybody else have an update of their plans for this DO....??
Old May 13, 2017, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Bump !!!
Old May 13, 2017, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

List of Participants and Interested just updated, Ive added StartinSanDiego to those interestad and YYZC2 as confirmed !!!

So, anybody else have this on their Radar....?????
Old May 13, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
You can put me down as confirmed.
Old May 14, 2017, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Excellent News !!!! ^

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
You can put me down as confirmed.
Old May 14, 2017, 3:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Just booked the flights! Put me down as confirmed +1, but I'm not sure how many days we will be attending. We will be booking additional destinations (Puerto Madryn) and will have to work around that, as well. Looking forward to it!
Old May 14, 2017, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Great News !!!

Will update the list on 1st page.... ^ ^

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Just booked the flights! Put me down as confirmed +1, but I'm not sure how many days we will be attending. We will be booking additional destinations (Puerto Madryn) and will have to work around that, as well. Looking forward to it!
Old May 14, 2017, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
List of interested has been updated. Look forward to everybody's participation on this thread !!! ^
Thanks so much for the reminder!!!

Still trying to see if schedule works.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: Chase UR, Hyatt, Hilton, Wyndham
I'm about 80% sure I am coming. Looking good.

I booked a place-holder rsv at Hilton Curio San Telmo. With 5th night free on Hilton points, 5 nights = 110,000.

Thinking about getting an apartment for a week instead. About 12 years ago we visited BA and rented an apartment from ByT Argentina. Excellent service, wide selection, great prices. At the time, we got a 3 bedroom in Recoleta for $300/week. Currently there are studios available for ~$300/week, some nice 1 bedrooms available for $400-450. Booking fee $45.

Gaucho110k: In what areas of town are you thinking we will be gathering?
Old May 18, 2017, 9:00 am
Original Poster

The areas will be the usual... Palermo, Recoleta, Belgrano and the surrounding areas. So any of those locations, plus also San Telmo and Puerto Madero are all feasible locations for you to consider staying.

Cheers !!!

Originally Posted by GarySTL

I booked a place-holder rsv at Hilton Curio San Telmo. With 5th night free on Hilton points, 5 nights = 110,000.

Thinking about getting an apartment for a week instead. About 12 years ago we visited BA and rented an apartment from ByT Argentina. Excellent service, wide selection, great prices. At the time, we got a 3 bedroom in Recoleta for $300/week. Currently there are studios available for ~$300/week, some nice 1 bedrooms available for $400-450. Booking fee $45.

Gaucho110k: In what areas of town are you thinking we will be gathering?
Old May 19, 2017, 9:43 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by KayakingNow
the Anselmo is now my first choice. The rooms are modern/ minimalist design and run a bit smaller than comparable ones at the Puerto Madero location. Staff members are young but well informed and are anxious to please, and the whole place has a hip modern vibe. I find the San Telmo neighborhood much more interesting, and there are lots of restaurants/ bars at various price points in the immediate area. Prices at the Anselmo are generally less than the Hilton Puerto Madero. Both hotels are about the same distance/ cab fare from Do activities in Recoleta, Palermo Soho, etc.
Originally Posted by GarySTL

Thanks for the tip. I've just booked the Anselmo Saturday- Tuesday. See ya there!
Old May 19, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: United, AA, USAir, SPG, HH, CC
Interested

Hi there, I'd like to join, just moved down to Buenos Aires and will be around for the next couple years!
Old May 22, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Hello Naustin, welcome to Buenos Aires. You probably know this, but please dont forget to look around the dedicated Argentina Forum here on FT, we could use another resident over there to assist with questions... plus its also an area where you can ask for information and assistance... ^

I will put you down as confirmed, will update the 1st page of this thread.

Look forward to meeting you in person and having you participate in this Master Thread !!!

Cheers,
Alex / Gaucho100K

Originally Posted by naustin
Hi there, I'd like to join, just moved down to Buenos Aires and will be around for the next couple years!
Old May 22, 2017, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA, WN, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by KayakingNow
Definitely interested; 90% likely to attend
Make that 100%. Travel plans confirmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.