Reload this Page >

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:38 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nme7
Google Maps in Korea is limited because of some disagreement with the government. So some features such as Street View may not work. More info here. However, I still use it when finding places in Seoul. It also shows the various exits of a subway station.

For Ibis Styles Myeongdong, go towards Myeongdong station exit #10. Then walk to the big intersection, cross intersection, make a left and the hotel should be on the right side. Should be right next to Domino's Pizza.
Google Street View of the area appears to be from 2009! I'm sure lots have changed since.

Originally Posted by wysiwyg
I'm booked at the Ibis Styles Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong. It seems like a great value and the reviews are great. Plus buffet is included for all room rates. Too bad they only have standard room left as the deluxe are slightly more expensive but quite bigger.. I was hesitating between that Ibis and with the Pullman, but some of the reviews are not that great so went with the safer and cheaper choice.
So Ibis Styles Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong it will be! I'm also intrigued by the open hot-bath & sauna on the 20th floor.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:58 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I think I'm out although I do have a longish transit at ICN on Saturday so may be able to squeeze something in for that day (only) depending on schedules.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 7, 2016 at 2:06 am Reason: wrong day
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: Global Entry · WN, UA, AS, DL, NH; IHG, Wyndham, Hilton, Best Value Inn, Marriott, Starwood, Ramada
I am dropping the Korean portion of this Do.
Somehow, I feel something will occur between January and April which will make the U.S.A. - Korea relationship more problematic.

Those wanting particulars may PM me. Yeah, there's a political angle involved. I really do not want to discuss it in this thread.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just as a PSA, there are some killer rates available at the Conrad right now on a prepaid members flash sale. 180k won, or about $155 a night. Probably going to pull the trigger. Flexible rates are about $250 for the same dates.

Edit: booked at the Conrad. $155 a night was too good a rate to pass up. I suppose we'll see when they actually charge my credit card, but given the current political rhetoric I'm bullish USD.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Dec 8, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA *G; Delta Diamond; AA EXP; Marriott LT Plat; Hyatt Globalist
I'm in
Old Jan 16, 2017, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Please mark me as interested. I won't know my work schedule for those days until next month, though I'd love to join if not busy.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
I'm actuallly in Seoul visiting family during these dates, yay!

I'll be able to come to the BBQ dinner or to the Royal Cuisine dinner. I'm staying that Park Hyatt with the GF. Let me know if +1's are welcome or if I should just leave her in a spa

Pretty amazing that a DO is happening in my hometown ^
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Just as a PSA, there are some killer rates available at the Conrad right now on a prepaid members flash sale. 180k won, or about $155 a night. Probably going to pull the trigger. Flexible rates are about $250 for the same dates.

Edit: booked at the Conrad. $155 a night was too good a rate to pass up. I suppose we'll see when they actually charge my credit card, but given the current political rhetoric I'm bullish USD.
Wow this is an INSANE deal for Seoul. The Conrad here is excellent too!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by SKYEG
I'm actuallly in Seoul visiting family during these dates, yay!

I'll be able to come to the BBQ dinner or to the Royal Cuisine dinner. I'm staying that Park Hyatt with the GF. Let me know if +1's are welcome or if I should just leave her in a spa

Pretty amazing that a DO is happening in my hometown ^
+1's are most certainly welcome!! And although most of us are slightly mile obsessed, we are also generally capable of making conversation outside of that arena in case she's worried she'd be bored. Regardless, I'd let her chose spa vs random strangers - everyone's got their own ideas of fun!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
+1's are most certainly welcome!! And although most of us are slightly mile obsessed, we are also generally capable of making conversation outside of that arena in case she's worried she'd be bored. Regardless, I'd let her chose spa vs random strangers - everyone's got their own ideas of fun!
I just talked to her about this and she said "if you're going to do the mile stuff, I'm going to go shopping". Hopefully the CDN $ goes up before the trip... Confirmed that I'll be coming solo to talk "mile stuff"
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by krazykanuck

Bummer. I would have jumped on this.

Just checked. The rate is gone. Now 300,700KRW ($256US)

Thanks for the post anyhow.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Booked:

OZ101 Sun 16th 12:30 NRT-ICN
OZ104 Wed 19th 10:00 ICN-NRT
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:19 pm

I'm booked as well:

OZ201 Wed April 12 12:10PM-5:30PM LAX-ICN
OZ202 Sat April 22 14:40PM-9:50AM ICN-LAX
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Darn, I am away on a separate trip, returning to Seoul early on Tue 18th and straight to work.

That said, I see some staying beyond the weekend and perhaps a chance to catch-up with some (Serfty).
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Darn, I am away on a separate trip, returning to Seoul early on Tue 18th and straight to work.

That said, I see some staying beyond the weekend and perhaps a chance to catch-up with some (Serfty).
Should be loads of us around Tuesday evening after work ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.