Reload this Page >

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:14 pm

Please add my name to the list as confirmed. Unfortunately, I won't make it to TYO, but really looking forward to Seoul!
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by EI147
Please add my name to the list as confirmed. Unfortunately, I won't make it to TYO, but really looking forward to Seoul!
Nice one! Funk Seoul brutha, biy!
Old Nov 7, 2016, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by EI147
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you there then - may you help keep me away from any spiral staircases.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Spiral staircase? Now you got me curious. I will have to find one and put it in the itinerary!
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you there then - may you help keep me away from any spiral staircases.
I'll try my best, but can't make any promises
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: AC MM 50K, Marriott LTT
As much as I enjoy Soju ... I like Somaek more.

Please upgrade me to Confirmed!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
I just booked flights, looking at hotel possibilities. Would anyone be interested in splitting?
Old Nov 27, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
First timer here. Please put me down as very interested. Arriving from US at NRT on Saturday night, with idea to head the next day on to Seoul.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:00 am
Original Poster

I thought I would add some information about lessor known hotels in Seoul. There are hotels in Seoul for practically any budget.

For about $100 a night (give or take $20):

Somerset Palace Seoul
- Literally across the street from the Gyeongbokgung Palace. You might be able to book a room with a view inside the palace.
Lotte City Hotel Mapo - Located at Gongdeok station, giving you access to multiple subway lines and also one of the stops on the Airport Express train. Plus Airport Limo buses stop at the intersection so this is one of the easiest hotels to access from the airport.
Shilla Stay Gwanghwamun - located in the heart of downtown behind the US Embassy, this is a modern hotel with all new furnishings. It is just a few minutes walk from Gwanghwamun station or one of the stops for the Airport limo buses.

For around $60 a night (give or take $20):
Hotel Aventree Jongno - Also located in downtown, the hotel has been renovated a few years ago. While the rooms are a bit small, it is enough for a few days. Airport Limo bus 6005 takes you directly to the hotel from Incheon airport (cost 15,000 krw).
Ibis Budget Ambassador Dongdaemun - Rooms are clean and functional, but small. This one is located next to Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP).

There are lots of choices in the $50-100 range. Some of them are easily accessible if you have Google Maps running on your phone. I only listed a few that are easy to access from the airport using either the subway or Airport Limo buses. All of the hotels listed above can be booked either on their website or using Hotels.com.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nme7
I thought I would add some information about lessor known hotels in Seoul. There are hotels in Seoul for practically any budget.
Thank you for posting these options. I noticed there are several Accor properties in Seoul and am trying to decide between the following two:

Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong
Ibis Styles Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong

The former is (marginally) more central but older and looks tired. The latter looks newer and nicer but not quite in the centre of action.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:00 am
Original Poster

If I had to choose, I would go with the Ibis Styles Ambassador Myeongdong. Both of them are fairly close to the subway. But I think the Styles will be easier to get to from the airport if using the Airport Limo bus. That rooftop cafe/bar looks pretty nice, although I do wonder if it will be a bit too cold in mid-April.

Myeongdong in general is a fairly busy shopping area. Just exploring the area can be quite fun.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If I had to choose, I would go with the Ibis Styles Ambassador Myeongdong. Both of them are fairly close to the subway. But I think the Styles will be easier to get to from the airport if using the Airport Limo bus. That rooftop cafe/bar looks pretty nice, although I do wonder if it will be a bit too cold in mid-April.

Myeongdong in general is a fairly busy shopping area. Just exploring the area can be quite fun.
Thanks for your comment. I've been in the area where Ibis Ambassador Myeongdong is located and know what it's like but not sure where Ibis Styles Ambassador Myeongdong is. Google Street View seems a little out of date.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
I also appreciate this information. There is nothing to replace local knowledge.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Google Maps in Korea is limited because of some disagreement with the government. So some features such as Street View may not work. More info here. However, I still use it when finding places in Seoul. It also shows the various exits of a subway station.

For Ibis Styles Myeongdong, go towards Myeongdong station exit #10. Then walk to the big intersection, cross intersection, make a left and the hotel should be on the right side. Should be right next to Domino's Pizza.

According to this website, the Airport Limo bus stops first at the Ibis Ambassador Myeongdong. Then it makes a few more stops and finally comes to Myeongdong station near exit #8. From exit #8, it would be maybe a 5-10 min walk to the Ibis Styles.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
I'm booked at the Ibis Styles Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong. It seems like a great value and the reviews are great. Plus buffet is included for all room rates. Too bad they only have standard room left as the deluxe are slightly more expensive but quite bigger.. I was hesitating between that Ibis and with the Pullman, but some of the reviews are not that great so went with the safer and cheaper choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.