Reload this Page >

LEX Horse & Bourbon Do IV - April 4-6, 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LEX Horse & Bourbon Do IV - April 4-6, 2014

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
As we are going into the Final Month. Looks Like Flying Machine and Dobolina will not be joining the Horses nor Burbon this year.. Well not exactly.. We will be toasting with an Eagle Rare to you all.. Buffalo Trace was my #1 Burbon Tour of the Trip last year, and Eagle Rare the Top Burbon Pick of the Trip as well.. (10 year Single Barrel) Safe Travels..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Feb 27, 2014 at 1:38 pm
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
As we are going into the Final Month. Looks Like Flying Machine and Dobolina will not be joining the Horses nor Burbon this year.. Well not exactly.. We will be toasting with an Eagle Rare to you all.. Buffalo Trace was my #1 Burbon of the Trip last year (10 year Single Barrel) Safe Travels..
Well, bummer. Maybe next time.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 5:45 am

My wife & I are fully booked and work just sent me to SFO Thursday/Friday. Before I search anyone have some flight recommendations for a Friday afternoon or red eye flight? Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Avios redemptions on AA ORD-LEX and v.v. are opening up slightly. Worth checking every so often.

4/3 ORD-LEX 9:45 am, arriving 11:45
4/4 ditto

4/7 return LEX-ORD 6:00 am or 17:35

I am on the underlined ones; join me!

Still nothing direct from DFW (have to go through ORD, making it not worthwhile, probably). No other destinations nonstop ex-LEX on AA.

bk3day reminded me this weekend that one can fly from JFK-CVG on AA for 9K Avios RT vs. $390 cash. That is a deal. And there is availability:

4/3: 4:00 pm departure JFK
4/7: 12:20 pm departure CVG

Last edited by toomanybooks; Mar 5, 2014 at 12:11 pm
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, HGP Diamond, HH Gold, Marriott, CC Gold, SPG
TMB, Great minds think alike. I used Avios for those AA flights 4/4 arriving 11:45am and departing 4/7 at 6:00am. I have a car rented in case anyone needs transportation from airport to Four Points and back.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ashasan2005
TMB, Great minds think alike. I used Avios for those AA flights 4/4 arriving 11:45am and departing 4/7 at 6:00am. I have a car rented in case anyone needs transportation from airport to Four Points and back.
Good, I will add your offer of ride-sharing to the OP.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
DRUM ROLL please!! Move me to the attending list! My flights are booked! Looking forward to seeing you all again (and meeting the new folks!).
Old Mar 6, 2014, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iris30
DRUM ROLL please!! Move me to the attending list! My flights are booked! Looking forward to seeing you all again (and meeting the new folks!).
Excellent, thanks!

Last edited by toomanybooks; Mar 6, 2014 at 7:22 am
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Remember that Friday is sold out at the hotel, but:

karung99 has a room reserved for Fri/Sat nights, but cannot come. PM him if you'd like to take it over; otherwise he will cancel.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
I'm primarily on TOBB, just wanted to drop a note that I've booked for Saturday 10am arrival in LOU (SDF) for my wife Susan and I. We will meet up with the group at a distillery around 11:30 am or noon.

Last edited by iolairemcfadden; Mar 6, 2014 at 1:54 pm Reason: added SDF code to prevent replies pointing out the lou is not SDF
Old Mar 6, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
I'm actually holding 2 Avios flights down to CVG & need to decide whether to come Thursday or Friday evening.

Has there been any thought on when the festivities will start?

The other wrinkle is that BA just called & told me my flights had been changed & both now get in later @6:15PM which would put me into LEX even later.

fwiw, My return from CVG-JFK is on Monday as the one daily flight is in the morning & ain't no way I'm missing Stella's!

Finally, did I miss the group ticket buy in for Keeneland?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iolairemcfadden
I'm primarily on TOBB, just wanted to drop a note that I've booked for Saturday 10am arrival in LOU (SDF) for my wife Susan and I. We will meet up with the group at a distillery around 11:30 am or noon.
Terrific, welcome aboard.

Originally Posted by bk3day
I'm actually holding 2 Avios flights down to CVG & need to decide whether to come Thursday or Friday evening.

Has there been any thought on when the festivities will start?

The other wrinkle is that BA just called & told me my flights had been changed & both now get in later @6:15PM which would put me into LEX even later.

fwiw, My return from CVG-JFK is on Monday as the one daily flight is in the morning & ain't no way I'm missing Stella's!

Finally, did I miss the group ticket buy in for Keeneland?
There are at least several of us talking about doing something Thursday eve. Probably dinner/drinks. Nothing confirmed. Your scheduled arrival time, if on Friday, would be pretty late.

No Keeneland buy yet.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Mar 7, 2014 at 11:12 am
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

NS LEX-DFW on AA has opened up for redemption Monday afternoon, 6:25 pm.

7500 Avios + $2.50. Or 12.5K AA. Or $310 cash!

Be careful with dates when booking on BA. They use the European method of dates, where 4/7/14 = July 4. Even if you manually click the April calendar, sometimes another month will pop up. Very strange.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Mar 7, 2014 at 11:15 am
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:03 pm

Sadly, I'm out this year. Flights are too $$ & since I no longer fly for work, saving my limited miles for international. I'm sad to miss...what a great do it was last year!! Hope the group wins big at the track! Cheers.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dinasoar
Sadly, I'm out this year. Flights are too $$ & since I no longer fly for work, saving my limited miles for international. I'm sad to miss...what a great do it was last year!! Hope the group wins big at the track! Cheers.
Sorry to hear, maybe in October. Keep watching this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.