Austin Mega Do 2.5 - March 1-3, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Austin Mega Do 2.5 - March 1-3, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Confirmed for the DO. Now I need to find a hotel close by.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
There are still two rooms left in our block at the W, and I'm following up with the TreeTree next week to see if we can get a few more rooms there. Otherwise, there are some not terrible rates at the HGI property on the MVP rate code (available to everyone).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 3:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Mackieman
There are still two rooms left in our block at the W, and I'm following up with the TreeTree next week to see if we can get a few more rooms there. Otherwise, there are some not terrible rates at the HGI property on the MVP rate code (available to everyone).
Appreciate that- also reasonable rate via MVP at ES nearby the DT.

Just secured flights tonight
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Flights

Hey,

Met up with Ben at the SMD and found out about this. Are airfares always high into AUS? Flying from DC and it's all $450 or higher.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
Are airfares always high into AUS? Flying from DC and it's all $450 or higher.
AUS usually has reasonable airfares 2-3 months from departure. Early March usually is a somewhat slower period for AUS so I would bet on sales appearing in January.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
There is a Segway tour of Austin that I did a couple of weeks ago. Only takes 90 minutes and it was a blast if any of you are interested.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:33 pm

I saw a segment on the Cooking Channel about The Mighty Cone Trailer that fills tortilla cones with crispy chicken, deep fried avocado, crispy shrimps - or a combo of your choice. Sounds tasty. It's owned by the people that own Hudson's On The Bend.

Anyone ever been there?
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BOB W
I saw a segment on the Cooking Channel...
The Cooking Channel?????

There is such a thing????
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
The Cooking Channel?????

There is such a thing????
Beats network TV anytime.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by BOB W
Beats network TV anytime.
Not exactly a high bar...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A few updates and some information about our new charity partner are available on the website. There are also still rooms available at the W and several spots available for every event except the private dinner at Franklin Barbeque, so if you haven't registered yet, do so!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just a heads-up to anyone in South Florida that since B6 put in its nonstop FLL-AUS, sub-$200 RT fares are in the market on every airline.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by donjo
There is a Segway tour of Austin that I did a couple of weeks ago. Only takes 90 minutes and it was a blast if any of you are interested.
I think there are actually two competing companies. I've seen a Groupon deal for one of them awhile back.

Last edited by Middle_Seat; Jan 24, 2013 at 9:15 am
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Extra Franklin Barbecue Spots Release - Registration Ends In Nine Days!

We've had several people tell us that they'd be happy standing in the parking lot as long as they got to eat at Franklin Barbecue; we've gone back to Franklin's and they've agreed to just that. As such, we've cleared the waitlist for those of you who have already registered, and we're offering an additional ten spots to those of you who might be on the fence. These are technically, "standing room only" spots as the seats in the restaurant will be full, but some of the locals will be bringing out some lawn chairs so we'll make it work. We anticipate these spots going quickly so get your registration in asap!

For those of you who are interested in learning a little more about what makes Franklin Barbecue so special, KLRU (the local Austin PBS station) created a web series on how to make barbecue starring Aaron Franklin. BBQ With Franklin is available on Youtube. Prepare to be hungry.

Also, registration is only open a few more days. It closes at 12:00PM (Noon) Eastern time on Friday, February 1. At that point, all existing registrations become non-refundable. If you need to cancel or modify your registration, please contact us with that request as soon as possible.

Finally, if you have travel plans that have firmed up and you're now able to attend an additional event that you didn't register for originally, please let us know! We can add individual events to your existing registration very easily, and provide you a link to pay for anything that requires pre-payment. We have lots of space available for the final event on Sunday at the Drafthouse Ritz so please contact us to add that event.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:10 pm

Since Jackal will be in the SRO section, might I suggest a "throw the bone" competition as a sporting event. See who can get the most sauce on his shirt wins a prize. I will throw in a nice bottle of Texas wine for the winner.

And before the remarks start, YES, there is some nice wine coming out of Texas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.