Reload this Page >

R.I.P Jim, magic111, my dear friend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R.I.P Jim, magic111, my dear friend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, Delta Platinum Medallion,AMEX Plat,Hyatt GP Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Very sad - deepest condolences to his family and loved ones. I can only hope to have touched so many lives as magic111, may you rest in peace.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
This news is so sad. He was always warm and helpful. It was great to meet Jim at a number of the Ozfest's in recent years. Have run into him in San Francisco and dined in Chicago in recent times. I haven't met his family - must be a tough time for his loved ones.
Too young to be taken from us.
A very nice man.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
My deepest condolences to his family!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
My deepest condolences to Jerrie and the rest of the family. Like others I've seen Jim & Jerrie at many DOs, but the one that sticks out in my mind the most was Bali Do 2006. Jim was such a generous contributor here at FT and his presence (both on board and at DOs) will be missed by many.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:57 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
The obituary with online remembrances that may be added for the family:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pre...&pid=156071846

R.I.P.

Originally Posted by belle3388
The funeral service will be on Saturday, February the 25th at 2:00p.m. at

Parent Sorensen Mortuary
850 Keokuk Street
Petaluma, CA
(707) 763-4131

(Jim Morago)
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Wow... very sad news. Jim really was an amazing guy - passionate about so much and it showed, especially here on FlyerTalk.

My condolences go out to Jerrie and I know he's flying first class on that 777 in the sky.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Terrible to lose such a great contributor to our group. Condolences to his family.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I did not know him but may he RIP & condolences to his family

I hope that FT made his life better and his travels helped him have 64 wonderful years
Old Feb 25, 2012, 7:11 am

How nice that Flyertalk was mentioned in his obituary

Jim and Jerrie were among the FTers I met at one of my first Dos. I remember speaking to Jerrie more than Jim, but they were a lovely couple and my prayers are with her and their family at this very sad time.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (mostly earned on CO)
So sad to hear this news

RIP, Jim, and condolences, Jerrie. I have very fond memories of attending my first (and probably last) bullfight with Jim in Valencia in 2003, during the Las Fallas festival.

Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:48 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Jim will be missed by many. A true gentleman and a good friend. My deepest condolences to Jerrie and the family.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:57 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
My condolences.
Jim will be missed.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

Several FlyerTalkers attended Jim's remembrance service today. The family asked me to post their appreciation for this thread and the one in the AA forum. His children began reading the threads yesterday, and were moved by how much Jim meant to people here. Yes, they had heard about FlyerTalk, yes, they knew that Jim traveled a considerable amount, but it was thru reading these posts that they realized how much he meant to us. It really expanded their understanding of their father.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 9:43 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
It was a beautiful day for Jim's service.

The weather cooperated for us to send Jim off to that big soccer game in the sky. Jerrie's daughter and son had created lovely photo posters of Jim in his travels, including places I'd never even heard of. There was his and Jerrie's wedding picture, pictures of his children and grandchildren, and photos of him with several FT'ers who were present for the wake. We brought greetings form those FT'ers who couldn't make it, including Dhammer53, who was attending his mother's 90th Birthday. I know Jerrie and the family so appreciated everyone's support.

There were friends from all his big walks of life - fellow travelers, soccer friends, extended family, and neighborhood buddies. His daughter- in-law (who recounted the story of how he showed up on her doorstep unannounced to see his 3-week-old grandchild) read a lovely note from his niece who could not be there. As a teenager, she had an amazing trip to Europe with Jim carrying only one suitcase that had to fit in the cabin and that she had to carry herself.

Jim's son (Diego?) spoke very movingly of Jim's early challenges with his sons and how Diego now hoped he would be as good a man as Jim was.

JDiver, SanDiego1K and myself all spoke briefly, remembering a gentle, opinionated, life-living, smart man who we all loved and will miss.

The ultimate FT tribute - which I found so much a part of who Jim was - the flowers that JDiver arranged to send were through AA's shopping portal and earned a few miles.

I for one hope to be a better person for knowing Jim.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by squeakr
I for one hope to be a better person for knowing Jim.
Me too, a thought that crossed my mind a few times since I heard the news.

Many thanks squeakr & SanDiego1K for the update as it's appreciated.

Last edited by tcook052; Feb 26, 2012 at 10:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.